Channel: NBC Connecticut
Browsing All 57608 Browse Latest View Live
Mark channel Not-Safe-For-Work? cancel confirm NSFW Votes: (0 votes)
Are you the publisher? Claim or contact us about this channel.

WATCH: Bombing Survivor Honored Before Bruins Playoff Game


Boston Marathon bombing survivor Jeff Bauman Jr. made a rockstar entrance to game two of the Bruins' first round playoff encounter with the Toronto Maple Leafs on Saturday. During a touching pregame ceremony, the Chelmsford, Mass., resident waved a Boston Bruins team flag while the Foo Fighters' song "All My Life" played in the background.

Bauman, 27, lost both legs in the April 15 bombings. He attended the marathon to cheer on his girlfriend.

Before Bauman hit the ice the words, “By now you know his inspirational story. His perseverance in the face of great adversity represents all that is Boston Strong” were displayed on the TD Garden's center ice big screen.

Bauman didn't speak at the event, but the crowd roared when he pumped his first into the air emphatically. Before he left the ice, Bauman gave the crowd a thumbs up.

“I want to thank everyone for their amazing support for me and all those injured and their families,” Bauman said in a statement later. “I’m making great progress and I thank everyone for their thoughts and prayers. Please continue to respect our space at this time. I want to thank the Bruins players and organization for the generosity and support for all those impacted.”

Watch the tribute below:

Photo Credit: AP

Medal of Honor Recipients Honor Newtown Educators


On Dec. 14, six educators were killed trying to protect their young students during a school shooting at Sandy Hook Elementary School.

On Monday, Medal of Honor recipients will honor Rachel Davino, 29, Dawn Hochsprung, 47, Anne Marie Murphy, 52, Lauren Rousseau, 30, Mary Sherlach, 56, and Victoria Soto, 27,
who acted courageously that December morning.

During a special ceremony, three recipients of the Medal of Honor will present the Congressional Medal of Honor Society’s highest civilian award, the Citizen Honors Medal, posthumously at Newtown High School at 4:30.p.m.

The families will attend to accept the Citizen Honors Medal during the ceremony.

The Medal of Honor recipients will also present the Citizens Medal of Honor Society’s Certificate of Commendation to all of the teachers and staff of Sandy Hook who acted courageously during the tragedy.

In the weeks after the shooting, there were dozens of nominations for the medals of go to teachers and staff at Sandy Hook. 

“Many teachers and staff members disregarded their own safety that day to hide and protect the children in their care. Those acts of courage, sacrifice, and selflessness are the very same traits identified with the Medal of Honor; only they were demonstrated at a critical moment in hometown USA, not on a battlefield far from home.  Recognizing these ordinary Americans who performed extraordinary acts at home is the very reason for our Citizen Honors program,” Harold Fritz, president of the Congressional Medal of Honor Society, said.

In February, President Barack Obama bestowed the Presidential Citizens Medal, the nation’s second-highest civilian honor, on the six adults killed in the school shooting.

Photo Credit: AP

Jewelry Thieves Targeted High-End Open Houses: Cops


In January, more than $25,000 worth of jewelry disappeared from a Glastonbury home during a real estate open house.

Glastonbury police have arrested a 43-year-old Hartford woman suspected of the crime and believe she and another woman were targeting high-end houses that were listed for sale across the state.

Police began investigating when they learned that $26,249.92 in jewelry was stolen during an open house on Jan. 20.

After investigating, police arrested Sharon Lynn Nigosanti, 43, of Hartford, and said she and another woman are suspected of attending several open houses at high-end properties across the state and stealing jewelry.

Nigosanti was charged with first-degree larceny.

She is being held in lieu of bond. She is due in court on May 6.

Photo Credit: Getty Images

Baby in Hartford Hospitalized for Brain Bleed


An 8-month-old baby was taken to St. Francis Hospital and Medical Center over the weekend and then transferred to Connecticut Children’s Medical Center due to a severe brain bleed.

The baby has undergone surgery and is responding well, according to police.

Hartford police have initiated an investigation and said it appears that there is no criminal aspect in this case.

The Connecticut Department of Children and Families was notified, according to protocol, but police said the family has no prior history with police or DCF.


Bangladesh Factory Rubble Searched for Brand Names


The death toll in the Bangladesh building collapse topped 675 Monday, giving the disaster the grim distinction of being the deadliest ever to hit the garment industry. Workers are still searching for bodies at the site as others dig for clues about which global fashion brands had ties to the building's ill-fated garment suppliers.

Since Rana Plaza buckled last month, a handful of retailers including Secaucus, N.J.-based The Children’s Place and Plano, Texas-based J.C. Penney have acknowledged that some apparel sold in their stores had been produced in one of the building’s five factories. Still, many more have remained silent, leaving labor and human rights groups that want retailers to compensate victims of the disaster with little choice but to physically dig through the rubble to find out who was doing business with suppliers housed in the shoddily-built structure.

There is no obligation for apparel companies to disclose where their garments are made, and with the exception of some companies — such as Levis and Nike, which disclose their suppliers online— sourcing information is typically kept from the public. (Neither Levis nor Nike used factories in Rana Plaza.)

“The vast majority of key brands and retailers including those sourcing from Bangladesh disclose nothing,” said Scott Nova, the executive director of the Worker’s Rights Consortium, which has been working to compile a list of retailers that used factories housed in Rana Plaza.

His organization’s investigation began with a search through online shipping records, which linked apparel from Rana Plaza to Cato fashions, The Children’s Place and Joe Fresh, the fashion line sold in nearly 700 J.C. Penney stores.

While shipping records can shed some light on who does business with whom, Nova notes, the information in these documents can often be spotty.

"It depends on whether the actual brand or retailer on the U.S.-end puts its own name on the shipping manifest as opposed to the name of a middleman and more ofthen than not it's the name of middleman," Nova said. "The same thing can happen on the factory side."

The building’s rubble, therefore, is the only place investigators expect to find a fuller, more honest picture of the brands tied to disaster.

Laura Gutierrez, a Bangladesh-based volunteer with the International Labor Rights Forum, estimates that she has seen more than a dozen different brand names at the site of the collapse.

“The majority of the building is inaccessible, because the floors pancaked on top of each other, so I know that I’m missing quite a lot,” she said in an interview with NBC Friday. “I haven’t even located the offices in the building. It’s not a pretty picture.”

So far, the major brands that confirmed their connections to the site include United Colors of Benetton, Primark, Joe Fresh, Cato, J.C. Penney, The Children’s Place and Mango. Several have indicated that they would compensate victims and work to improve working conditions in the country.

Dress Barn acknowledged that it had done business with one of the factories in the past, but had not taken any orders from the facility since 2010. Walmart was listed as a customer on the website of Ether Tex, one of the garment factories housed in Rana Plaza. But the company indicated that any connection it may have had to Ether Tex predated the factory’s move to the stricken building, The Wall Street Journal reported.  

Many unfamiliar names have also been found on labels pulled from the disaster site and activists are still working to figure out where these brands are based and who is behind them.

The investigation process is expected to take longer than usual given the unique nature of the Rana Plaza disaster. Unlike fires, which have plagued Bangladesh’s garment industry in the past, a building collapse requires a massive excavation before all the evidence can be gathered.

“A lot of this stuff is buried along with a lot of bodies. So this may be an unusual situation in which material is being found over a period of weeks or months,” Nova said. “Who knows what’s going to be found under the rubble.”

As of Monday, the death toll at Rana Plaza surpassed 650 and scores were still missing. The eight-story building was evacuated the day before its April 24 collapse after giant cracks appeared on the structure. The factories, however, were back up and running the following day. More than 3,000 people were inside Rana Plaza when it caved in.

Since the disaster, the building’s owner, Sohel Rana, has been arrested, along with his father, engineers and four factory owners. The mayor of Savar, where the factory was located, was also suspended for allegedly allowing the illegal construction of the building.

Barbara Briggs, a spokeswoman from the Institute for Global Labour and Human Rights, which has been gathering testimonies from victims of the collapse, said that some of the injured will be completely disabled for the rest of their lives.

“These companies ought to pony up and provide compensation to the families to try to at least take care of some of the material needs that they’re going to have for this disaster,” she said. “Longer term,” she added, “we’re all going to have to think long and hard about how we assure the basic safety and most fundamental rights of the workers who make the products that we buy.”


Photo Credit: AP

Police Seeking Driver Who Hit Bicyclists and Fled


Granby police are looking for the driver who hit two bicyclists around noon on Sunday and fled.

Fredrika Ballard, 42, and Joanne Nelson, 51, both of Southwick, Massachusetts, were riding bicycles on Day Street in the area of Creamery Hill on Sunday when a vehicle hit them, police said.

They were transported by ground ambulance to Baystate Medical Center to be treated for serious injuries.

Ballard was treated and released and Nelson was admitted with non-life threatening injuries, according to police.

Police are looking for the driver and the vehicle, which is described as an older dark green SUV in poor condition, possibly a late 1990s model Chevrolet Blazer. 

Police said on Monday afternoon that there are reports it had an external spare tire mounted to the back of the vehicle with a tan tire cover.

The passenger in the front seat was described as a heavyset woman with blonde hair.

Anyone with information is asked to call Granby Police at 860-844-5335.


No ID Yet on Man Found Dead in Burnt Bridgeport Home


The man who was found dead after a fire in a Bridgeport home on Wednesday, May 1 still has not been identified.

The medical examiner will use dental records to identify the man whose body was found under some debris after a fire 1488-1490 Park Ave. in Bridgeport, police said.

There were signs of trauma to the body and the Office of the Chief Medical Examiner has ruled the man's death a homicide.

As officials work to identify the man, police are trying to determine if there is any possible link between the homicide and a shooting on Tuesday night.

The fire was reported shortly after 11 p.m. on Tuesday, April 30, according to police.

Shortly after 11:30 p.m. that night, police responded to a report of a shooting victim on Linen Avenue, where they found Robson Santos, 38, suffering a gunshot wound to the area of his mouth. He was in serious but stable condition, according to police.

Later, police located evidence on Worth Street, near the fire scene, that suggested the shooting might have occurred there. That investigation is still underway.

After extinguishing the blaze, firefighters turned over the scene to the fire marshal's office, which sought and secured an administrative warrant to enter the building to conduct an investigation into the cause.

During the course of the investigation, a man’s body was found under some debris.

The detective bureau was alerted and detectives responded and were working in collaboration with fire investigators.

A neighbor near the scene of the fire said he saw the flames and began banging on the doors to alert the people living inside to get out.

Photo Credit: NBCConnecticut.com

Hartford Mayor: No More “Business Entertainment” on P-Cards


Last month, Hartford city council members and the public began raising eyebrows over Hartford city employees charging thousands of taxpayer dollars on dinners, travel and additional expenses.

On Monday, Mayor Hartford Pedro Segarra said he is barring city employees from using city purchasing cards for business entertainment and his chief of staff will be reimbursing the city for a New Year’s Eve dinner.

In late April, Hartford City Councilman Kenneth Kennedy raised questions about the charges at a time when the city faces a $70 million deficit.

One of the charges on the city purchasing card was a $700 dinner at Max’s Downtown charged to the card of Jared Kupiec, Mayor Segarra’s chief of staff.

“It wasn't my intention to go out and buy a dinner at the city's expense, let's put it that way,” Mayor Segarra said when questioned about it. On Monday, the mayor’s office released two statements about the P-card purchases.

“Over the last few weeks much has been made about a New Year’s Eve dinner that was partially paid for with my City of Hartford purchasing card.  Because of the distraction that it has caused, and after speaking with the Mayor, I will be immediately reimbursing the City of Hartford in the amount of $457.21.  There are too many other more significant matters that leadership in the Capital City needs to focus its attention on,” Kupiec said in a statement. “Those in public service should and need to be held to a higher standard and I truly apologize to city staff, residents and anyone else who has been unfairly consumed with this issue.”

An audit released on Friday showed that Hartford city workers charged $761,000 on P-cards over nine months. The audit found that almost all of the transactions were justified, but that the program needs more oversight and documentation.

“I'm troubled by the findings. Clearly the controls weren't in place that need to be in place. Oversight of the credit card program wasn't there,” Shawn Wooden, the city council president, said.

The audit shows that 180 employees have the cards and the mayor said the program was designed to expedite purchasing.

In response, the city's finance department said it will stop allowing P-cards to be used for what it calls "business entertainment."

Segarra said in a statement on Monday that he, “in accordance with the recommendation by the Internal Auditors,” will eliminate us of P-cards for "business entertainment."

“The Finance Department will remove all applicable merchant category codes for dining and restaurants effective immediately,” Segarra said in a statement.

“Constant review, analysis and sound management of all city operations has been a hallmark of my time as Mayor and these actions are consistent with my philosophy,” he said in a statement. “I have always tried to do what is right for Hartford including investing in arts, education and economic development opportunities that have improved the overall quality of life in our City. I want the people of Hartford to know that I am out there on their behalf every single day and will continue to be in the months and years ahead.”

Photo Credit: NBCConnecticut.com

Brush Fire Closes I-395 in Thompson


A brush fire closed the northbound lanes of I-395 in Thompson Monday afternoon.

A truck containing cardboard caught fire by exit 97 and the flames spread to the woods bordering the highway, according to state police.

The highway was shut down for hours while fire crews battled the blaze.

The fire was put out just before 6 p.m., police said.

There are no injuries.

Noose Found in Public Park Bathroom in Conn.


Police are investigating after a noose was found hanging in the men's bathroom at a public park in Connecticut on Monday, according to the recreation director.

Staff found it hanging from the back of a door in a restroom in New Hartford's Brodie Park around 8 a.m. on Monday. The town's recreation director Dennis Minor was at town hall when one of his staffers called and said it had been found.

Minor said he was at the park on Saturday and it wasn’t there. People were also at the park on Sunday and nothing was reported, he said.

The noose was found two days after Minor, who is black, made a campaign announcement at the park that he is beginning his campaign for First Selectman, according to the Waterbury Republican-American. He told the Republican-American that he has no idea what the noose means and there was no note.

"I think this is a great town," Minor told the Hartford Courant. "If somebody had a bad day and felt like they needed to string up a noose, I feel sorry for them. This is a great town. I have nothing but great things to say about the town of New Hartford."

Photo Credit: Town of New Hartford

Toddler Falls from Second Floor of Building


A 2-year-old girl is in critical condition, but stable condition, after falling 18 feet from the second floor of a residence at 792 Capital Ave. in Hartford to the paved driveway on Monday.

The little girl was transported to Connecticut Children's Medical Center around 7 p.m. on Monday, where she is being treated for an internal head injury, according to Hartford Police.

The Hartford Police Crime Scene Division is investigating and the Department of Family and Child Services as been called to the scene, which is standard protocol.

Police are working with the family to determine how the girl fell.


Hamden Burial Plot Offered for Boston Bombing Suspect


A plot in a Hamden cemetery has been offered to the family of Boston Marathon bombing suspect Tamerlan Tsarnaev.

A funeral director in Worcester, Massachusetts has been searching for a cemetery that would bury the older Tsarnaev brother, who was killed more that two weeks ago in a shootout with police.

Paul Keane, the owner of the plot, wrote in his blog "The Anti Yale" that he would like to "donate a burial plot next to my mother in Mt. Carmel Burying Ground to the Tsarnaev family if they cannot obtain a plot. The only condition is that I do it in memory of my mother who taught Sunday School at the Mt. Carmel Congregational Church for twenty years and taught me to 'love thine enemy'."

Keane, a Yale Divinity School graduate, told the New Haven Register that his family owns four plots in the Central Burying Grounds on Whitney Avenue.

Keane's parents were laid to rest in two of the plots, while the other two remain empty.

Keane told the Register that  he doesn't care what "a pariah Tsarnaev is, everybody deserves a burial."

Mt. Carmel Cemetery Association President Frank Esposito told the Register that if someone owns a plot, the cemetery has no say in who can be buried there.

Family members of deceased buried at the cemetery said they are upset and plan to gather at Mt. Carmel Cemetery and hold a protest at 3:30 p.m.

Muslim faith requires that bodies be buried as soon as possible after death.

Photo Credit: NBCConnecticut.com

Fire House in Meriden to Remain Open


Engine 3 on Broad Street in Meriden has been saved, but there's a catch. A fire truck could still be cut

"We really need the engine. It's a big tool box," Lt. Brendan Noonan said.
The engine assists not only with fires, but also with all the other kinds of rescues the department does on a daily basis.
"And it would've made a huge impact on the city and responses, especially when it came to multiple calls at one time," Meriden Deputy Chief David Bowen said.
"It will be a huge detriment to have a different unit other than the fire engine. We're not in there fighting for our jobs. We're in there fighting for public safety," Noonan said.
Members of the city council said the unit would likely be just for medical calls.
The original plan to close the firehouse would have saved the city nearly $900,000 a year.
In the next week, the council plans to look at how the firehouse is operating.

"I think it satisfies a lot of the issues the area has about medical concerns and they 90 percent medical as it is now," Dan Brunet, minority leader of Meriden's city council, said.

Catherine Roden, who has lived in Meriden her whole life, said says Engine 3 gets to calls faster than anyone else.

"So I'd really be dissatisfied if they left," Roden said. "Massive fire here, the whole second floor burned out about a week ago. ... Another fire down the road. It always seems like they're there first."
The City Council will debate whether to keep one of these trucks at Engine 3 in a meeting scheduled for May 14.


Photo Credit: Getty Images

Plot in Conn. Cemetery Offered to Bombing Suspect's Family


A plot in a Hamden cemetery has been offered to the family of Boston Marathon Bombing suspect Tamerlan Tsarnaev.

Paul Keane, the owner of the plot, writes in his blog "The Anti Yale" that he would like to "donate a burial plot next to my mother in Mt. Carmel Burying Ground to the Tsarnaev family if they cannot obtain a plot. The only condition is that I do it in memory of my mother who taught Sunday School at the Mt. Carmel Congregational Church for twenty years and taught me to 'love thine enemy.'"

Keane told the New Haven Register that his family owns four plots in the Central Burying Grounds on Whitney Ave.

Keane's parents were laid to rest in two of the plots, while the other two remain empty. Keane told the New Haven Register that  he doesn't care what "a pariah Tsarnaev is, everybody deserves a burial."

Mt. Carmel Cemetery Association President Frank Esposito told the New Haven Register if someone owns a plot, the cemetery has no say in who can be buried there.

Muslim faith requires that bodies be buried as soon as possible after death. Tsarnaev was killed more than two weeks ago after a shoot-out with Boston Police days after the marathon bombings.

Keane's entire blog post is at http://theantiyale.blogspot.com/2013/05/offer-to-tsarnaev-family.html

Photo Credit: mesworthy/Instagram

Alert Issued for Plainville Teen


Police have issued a Silver Alert for a 14-year-old Plainville girl who has been missing since 2:50 a.m. on Tuesday.

When Celeste Hunter was seen last, she was wearing light-colored jeans, a light-colored denim jacket and glasses.

Celeste has red hair and brown eyes. She is 5-feet-2 and weighs 120 pounds.

The Silver Alert says she is an endangered runaway. An alert was issued on Wednesday and was resolved as of Saturday, according to police.

If you see her, call Plainville police at 860-747-1616. 

Photo Credit: Silver Alert

Yale Police Investigating Home Invasion


Yale and New Haven police are searching two intruders who entered a home on Huntington Street on Monday afternoon and held two members of the Yale community captive.

An alert from Yale Police said two men robbed the home, stole keys and tool the victims' car.

Police are looking for a white Pontiac Aztek with Connecticut license plate 977-XGC.

If you have any information, call Yale police at 203-432-4400.

Photo Credit: Getty Images

Calif. Farm Workers Fired for Leaving Fields During Wildfire


More than a dozen farm workers in Southern California were out of a job after walking out of the fields last week, forced indoors because of heavy smoke from a massive wildfire burning nearby.

“Oh, yeah, the smoke was very bad. That’s no doubt about that,” said Lauro Barrajas, of the United Farm Workers.

As the blaze, dubbed the Springs Fire, continued to grow in Camarillo May 2, farm workers 11 miles south in Oxnard said they started to feel the effects of the smoke in the strawberry fields.

The ashes were falling on top of us, one of them explained, adding “it was hard to breathe.”

Air quality in the region was at dangerously poor levels and 15 workers at Crisalida Farms decided they could not handle it any longer. They left, even though their foreman warned them they would not have a job when they returned.

When they went back to the fields May 3, the farm fired them.

Barrajas, who is a representative of the UFW, said the workers contacted him for help, even though they were not members of the union.

Union representatives met with the farm’s upper management and applied a union rule.

“No worker shall work under conditions where they feel his life or health is in danger,” Barrajas said.

In a statement to Telemundo, the farm representative said the workers left without permission while orders still needed to be filled. The company offered to pay them for the hours they’d worked.

Later, the company settled with the union and offered to rehire all 15 workers. But only one worker returned.

The others took jobs on other farms.

One worker said while it hurts to lose work, one's health is more important.

New Haven Police Make Arrest in October Homicide


On the night of Sunday, October 21, New Haven police responded to 911 call reporting a shooting at the Brendan Towers Apartments at 461 Whalley Ave. and found Christian Anderson Garcia.

The 26-year-old man had been shot inside one of the building’s common hallways and was pronounced dead at the scene.
Now, more than six months later, police have arrested a suspect.

Minutes after police found Garcia, Rashid Johnson, 20, was admitted to the emergency department of the Saint Raphael's campus of Yale-New Haven Hospital.

He'd been shot in the leg and had been listed in stable condition, police said.

Last week, a judge signed an arrest warrant charging Johnson with Garcia’s murder. He was taken into custody on Monday.

Police will hold a news conference on Tuesday at 3:30 p.m. at police headquarters with police officials,  detectives and parents and family members of the victim.

Clash Between USC Students, LAPD Sparks Allegations of Racism


The LAPD has launched investigations into several complaints of excessive force and racial profiling against officers involved in a weekend confrontation with mostly black and Latino students in an incident captured on YouTube.

The cases are being launched in connection with a confrontation that happened overnight Friday at a party hosted by black USC students celebrating the end of finals week.

"We will investigate those complaints vigorously," said Los Angeles Police Lt. Andy Neiman, a department spokesman. "If there is a perception that something was done out of the ordinary or a perception of biased policing, we certainly want to address those concerns right away."

Nate Howard, a USC senior, one of the party hosts, said he was handcuffed, pushed against the wall and put into the back of a squad car after he asked officers what was going on.

“There was no reason for me to be handcuffed, pushed the way I was,” he said. “We were just having a good time."

Ola Bayode said as many as six officers grabbed him, threw him to the floor and cuffed him.

"Yeah, I resisted a little bit," he said. "I was just taken aback by their aggressive manner."

Michael Jackson, the vice president of student affairs at USC, said many students are upset and that the college is working with them to "ensure respectful treatment of students at peaceful social gatherings."

John Thomas, the chief of USC's Department of Public Safety, said university police were working with the LAPD to "ensure that the response of LAPD to complaints about student parties is properly calibrated."

Police were called out to the house party at 23rd and Hoover streets, seven blocks north of USC, due to complaints in the community about noise, Neiman said.

The party, which Howard said had a permit, featured a battle of DJs in the backyard.

Police broke up the party about 2 a.m., Howard said.

A YouTube video shows a line of up to 80 officers, some wearing helmets and holding batons, dispersing students in the street.

Some in the crowd threw objects at officers, Neiman said. One officer suffered an injury to his shoulder during a fight with a person who he was arresting, Neiman said.

Six people were arrested, Neiman said.

A second video captured on a cellphone showed turmoil in the backyard of the home as officers ordered people to leave.

Howard said that police had responded that night to another party hosted by white students across the street, but that the students there were ordered to stay “inside the house and stay safe” while officers responded to the party hosted by black students.

The party initially closed down and then started back up while police were shutting down the second party, Neiman said.

Both parties were shut down, Neiman said.

The incident prompted several dozen students to conduct a sit-in at Tommy Trojan at noon on Monday. A community meeting was expected to be held on Tuesday to address the incident.


Man Charged With DUI in Crash That Killed Baby


A 16-month-old Waterbury girl was killed in a crash in Waterbury on Sunday evening and a North Carolina man who police said caused the crash has been charged with operating under the influence, according to police.

Anthony Lee Faulk, 31, of North Carolina was driving a 2006 Chevrolet Impala south on Wolcott Street at Long Hill Road around 6 p.m. when he rear-ended a 1997 Mazda Protégé that was stopped at a red light, police said.

Takiah Alaina Rollinson, 18, was driving the Protégé with her 16-month old daughter, Aaliyah Santiago, strapped in a car seat in the back seat of the car, police said.

An ambulance brought Aaliyah to St. Mary’s Hospital to be treated for a head injury, but LifeStar medical helicopter then transferred her to Connecticut Children’s Medical Center, where she died overnight as a result of her injuries, police said.

Rollinson, and her front-seat passenger, Demonae Daijanique Coleman, 19, were treated at St. Mary’s Hospital and have been released.

Police said Faulk was also treated at St. Mary’s.

Last night, he was charged with operating under the influence, second-degree assault with a motor vehicle and several other motor vehicle charges, police said.

Investigators anticipate increasing Faulk’s charges to manslaughter with a motor vehicle.

Faulk has a criminal history that included larceny convictions and motor vehicle violations in North Carolina, including running a red light, speeding and driving without a license, according to Waterbury police.

Photo Credit: Waterbury Police
Browsing All 57608 Browse Latest View Live