Firefighters said test results indicated that gasoline was used in a Hartford fire that displaced 12 people.
Officials battled a fire at 485 Edgewood Street in Hartford on Wednesday morning.
The fire broke out around 10:30 a.m., heavily damaging the third floor.
A dog needed to be rescued and reunited with its owner, according to Hartford police.
Five adults and seven children were displaced but not injured, firefighters said.
The fire was knocked down within ten minutes and under control by 11:30 a.m. It was contained to the third floor, firefighters said.
The Hartford Fire Department said they are investigating and working on several leads.
Photo Credit: NBC Connecticut