Channel: NBC Connecticut
Viewing all 57608 articles
Browse latest View live

24-Year-Old Missing Since Christmas Eve


Stamford police are looking for a 24-year-old who never returned home from a night out with friends on Christmas Eve.

Paulino Mendoza was out with friends on the evening of Dec. 24, but his family hasn't seen him since and his phone hasn't been used since then, police said.

The family told police that they are concerned about his well-being and said that it's uncharacteristic of him not to come home for so long.

Stamford police have spent the last two days searching for him in the east side of Stamford, including Cove Island Park. Tracking dogs and Westchester County's aviation unit assisted in the search, but he is still nowhere to be found.

Police are asking the community to keep an eye out.

Photo Credit: Stamford Police Department

Car Hits House, Gas Main in Southington


One person was taken to the hospital Tuesday evening after a three-car collision in Southington during which one vehicle hit a house on Annalise Avenue, according to fire officials at the scene.

It started with a crash at the intersection of Woodberry Hill Road and Loper Street, according to Southington fire Lt. Glenn Dube. One of the cars then struck a gas main and was sitting on top of the meter when emergency responders arrived.

Yankee Gas crews were called to the scene to contain a natural gas leak and fix the gas main. Workers will rebuild the gas meter and repipe gas lines in the basement of the home on Annalise Avenue so the residents will have heat, Dube said.

No one was inside the home at the time of the crash, and the house did not suffer heavy damage, according to the fire department.

Annalise Avenue has been shut down while crews respond to the crash.

Check back for updates on this developing story.

Jaguar Stolen in Storage Unit Burglary Spree


More than 100 personal storage units were burglarized in North Haven overnight into Tuesday and police are looking for the culprits who stole a luxury car among other things.

A string of break-ins happened at Stowaway Storage at 128 Quinnipiac Ave. Police were alerted by someone who noticed his 1996 Jaguar missing from his storage unit and discovered that locks on multiple other units at the facility were cut.

Lynn Kinsman, of Hamden, rushed to the storage facility after she was notified "to find out what happened," she said.

"My house was flooded in Florida and I put what was left in a storage unit for $3,000," she said. "Got it up here. I've been living at my sisters and I put my stuff in here and I have no idea what's left."

Later when she checked her storage unit, she said that she didn't lose anything of value. But she and other customers were troubled that a crime spree like this could happen at a storage facility they thought was secure.

"There's a fence around it," Kinsman said. "I thought it was a good storage unit.'

North Haven resident David Murzak also rushed over, concerned that his daughter's storage unit had been targeted, but luckily nothing was stolen.

"They have such a security system I don't know how they got through," Murzak said. "I really don't. Cameras all over. You need a code to get in and a code to get out and the cops are by here all the time."

Detectives are keeping a list of items stolen and are conducting interviews with people whose storage units were targeted, police said.

Storage facility workers declined to comment on the break-ins.

North Haven police ask anyone with information to call the station to inform police.


Police ask anyone who witnessed anything suspicious during the overnight hours between Dec. 28 and 29 to contact the North Haven Police Department's investigative services division at 203-239-5321.

Dad Fends Off Coyote Attack on Boy


The Bay Area father of a 5-year-old boy bitten by a coyote on Christmas Day fought the animal off his son with a scooter.

Fremont resident Mayur Parnerkar said the attack happened at about 5:30 p.m. when his son, Prathmesh, went outside to meet his friends on the sidewalk. Parnerkar decided to check on his son one last time before closing the door when he saw an animal approaching.

"I thought it might be a dog, but then I got suspicious because there was no owner," Parnerkar said.

When Parnerkar realized the animal was a coyote, he ran to his son.

"The coyote come, and then he attacked me," said Prathmesh, who was bitten by the animal on his left thigh.

Parnerkar took his son's scooter and threw it toward the coyote, and while he fought off the coyote, his wife then grabbed their son. The father kept himself between his family and the coyote, easing back toward their home.

"I had to be there to save my son," he said. "He was so aggressive. He was looking into my eyes, and completely -- I was shaken."

After a two-minute stare-down with the animal, the family made it safely inside.

Parnerkar said the Alameda County Public Health Office called to report the coyote was tested and did not have rabies.

Police said the coyote, which was eventually killed by officers, was responsible for another attack on Christmas Day. The animal bit a 42-year-old man while he was walking to his car on the 3100 block of Starr Street, just near where Prathmesh was attacked, police said.

Officers also responded to another report of a coyote attack at 6:28 p.m. The caller told police that he was running near his home on Montevideo Circle, when what he described as a wolf began to chase him.

The man was able to kick off the animal and safely return to his home, police said.

Photo Credit: NBC Bay Area

Murder-Suicide at NH Hospital


A husband and wife were killed in a New Hampshire hospital Tuesday in an apparent murder-suicide that their friend told NECN was an "act of love," not a crime.

Mark and Katherine Lavoie both died after shots were fired just after 6 a.m. at Wentworth-Douglass Hospital in Dover, friends and family confirmed to NECN, though authorities have not revealed the pair's identities.

The New Hampshire attorney general's office said the investigation is still in its early stages, but the two deaths appear to be the result of a murder-suicide. Autopsies will be conducted to determine the cause and manner of the deaths.

On Facebook, Mark Lavoie stated his anguished motives for wanting to take his wife's life, writing in part, "now because of my selfishness in dialing 911, she is experiencing the only thing she feared more than her illness, life-support on a respirator."

Barbara Hanson, a friend of the Lavoies, told NECN that it was not a crime, but an "act of love," and that the two were soulmates. According to Hanson, it wasn't a secret that Katherine Lavoie was battling depression, and she said she believes Katherine tried to commit suicide on Sunday night, which was when her husband called 911. Hanson said Katherine Lavoie ended up on life support at Wentworth-Douglass Hospital.

"He knew Kathy would not want to live as a vegetable, and I think he knew he would be so broken without her that he needed to be with her and that's why he did what he did," Hanson said, adding, "This was not something that was done out of hate or loathing or anger or despair. This is something that was done out of pure, absolute love."

Around 6:03 a.m. Tuesday, the attorney general's office said Dover Police responded to a 911 call from Wentworth-Douglass Hospital in Dover reporting shots fired inside the facility. The responding officers found a dead man and his dead wife in a room inside the hospital's critical care unit.

"This morning at 6 a.m. in our ICU, a very sad and horrific event took place," hospital president Gregory Walker said at a press conference held outside the hospital on Tuesday afternoon. Asked for his thoughts when he first heard about the incident, he said, "I was very saddened, and sick."

He said the hospital remains open, and remained open throughout the day. He said counselors will be available on an ongoing basis for patients or staff members who need them.

Walker said the critical care unit consists of private rooms, and only family members have access. He said the hospital has a no firearms policy.

Investigators are withholding the identities of the deceased pending notification of their next of kin. Assistant Attorney General Jay McCormack said he does not anticipate that the names will be released on Tuesday.

"It's in the early stages," McCormack said. "We're not at liberty to release a lot."

According to Hanson, Katherine Lavoie had two daughters from a previous marriage.

Photo Credit: Facebook

Man Killed Trying to Hit Cops: PD


A man who posted YouTube videos threatening law enforcement officials was shot and killed by police after he allegedly tried to run them over with his car in Delaware County Tuesday.

The man, identified by police as 52-year-old Joseph Anthony Pacini, had been charged Sunday with making terroristic threats, according to court records. He had also been charged in 2005 with making terroristic threats in Philadelphia, according to police.

Haverford Police, Clifton Police and a regional SWAT team went to Pacini's home in Clifton Heights late Tuesday afternoon to serve a warrant, according to investigators. They then followed him as he drove away from the home into Drexel Hill.

He was eventually stopped by Clifton Heights, Upper Darby and Haverford Police officers at Garrett Road and Shadeland Avenue. After officers told him to get out of the car, Pacini allegedly put his car in reverse and accelerated, slamming into the vehicle of the Clifton Heights Police chief.

Pacini then allegedly tried to run over other officers with his vehicle. Five of the officers took out their weapons and opened fire, striking him several times. He was pronounced dead at the scene. No officers were hurt during the ordeal.

Pacini was not armed at the time and may have had mental health issues, according to Upper Darby Police Superintendent Michael Chitwood.

Haverford Police Chief Carmine Pettine told NBC News the terroristic threat charge from Sunday stemmed from an incident that occurred at an LA Fitness on West Chester Pike. While at the gym, Pacini allegedly openly made threats against law enforcement that weren't aimed at anyone in particular.

Pettine would not elaborate on the nature of the threats but claimed Pacini was "saying them to whoever would listen to him." 

Staff at the gym contacted police about Pacini's behavior and a Haverford police detective called Pacini, asking him to come to the police station.

Pacini never complied with the request however, according to police. Instead he posted videos on YouTube Monday and Tuesday addressing, among other things, the terroristic threat charge against him.

In the videos, Pacini claims he was falsely accused of crimes he didn't commit, begs for singer-songwriter Sara Bareilles to save him and threatens to kill law enforcement officers who were following him.

"You wanna try to bring me down?!" he screams in one of the videos. "I will f*****g kill you and your whole f*****g family!"

Pacini also asks Bareilles, a singer best known for her 2007 hit single "Love Song," to come to his rescue while calling her his "twin flame soul mate." 

"Now Sara, this is up to you to come out and save me," he says. "You've got probably 12 to 24 hours tops. I'm waiting on you."

Pacini also claims he had "two lifetime prison sentences" and was "locked up into several insane asylums."

Pacini also repeatedly states that he refused to go back to prison.

"Clearly these guys want me dead or in prison and there's no way in hell I'm going back to prison," he says.

In another video, Pacini warns there would be "consequences," if he was arrested.

"There will be serious and irreversible, catastrophic consequences that no one wants," he says. "There is no way that I will allow anyone to take my freedom away again."

Fire Displaces 7 Families in South Windham


Eleven people in seven families have been displaced and animals are unaccounted for after fire broke out at the Pines Apartments on Windham Center Road in South Windham on Tuesday night.

Fire officials at the scene said the flames ignited at 343 Windham Center Road shortly after 7 p.m. in the rear of the first floor.

Residents who were home at the time managed to make it out safely, but some pets are still missing, according to the Windham fire marshal.

Crews from the Willimantic, North Windham, Windham Center and Yantic fire departments provided mutual aid, the fire marshal said.

The Red Cross and Connecticut Light & Power have been called to the home. Town officials are also helping to find temporary housing for the displaced families.

Check back for updates on this developing story.

Photo Credit: NBCConnecticut.com

Cat Thrown From Truck Has New Home


A cat that witnesses say was thrown out of a truck in East Haven last month now has a new home.  

Just one day after his story went viral thanks to a Facebook post by East Haven Animal Control, Charlie has been adopted.

"When I first met him he was just so sweet and affectionate and ran right up to me," said Justin Novey, Charlie's new owner.

When Novey saw a Facebook post about Charlie Tuesday morning morning, he rushed to the shelter to adopt him. The cat had been at the shelter since mid-November when two women brought him in saying they'd just seen him thrown from a truck.

"The thought that anyone could do that to another living creature just baffles me and I think I need him as much as he needs me," said Novey.

Animal control officers tried to track down that truck but the license plate given to them didn't match any vehicles. They say they have no other leads to pursue.

"We went as far as we could. The license plate didn't match so we kind of lost it there," said Anthony Purificato, an East Haven Animal Control officer.

Since they posted Charlie's story online, the phone at the shelter has been ringing off the hook. They're hoping the buzz will help the other cats and kittens that are still there find new homes as well.

"We have plenty of other cats that need a home also so it'd be great if they came in to look at the other cats," said Purificato.

Charlie, whose new name is Jack, is quickly adjusting to his new home.

"I definitely have a love of animals and it is heartbreaking to know that people can be so cruel," said Novey.

Bradley Airport Officials Dig Up Time Capsule From 1951


A time capsule unearthed along with the Bradley Field cornerstone of 1951 revealed its contents Tuesday afternoon, as airport officials reported a increase in passenger levels of 10 percent for the year to date.

The old newspapers, photos, and letters were from the days when Francis Murphy, publisher of the Hartford Times, was a force behind the development of Bradley International Airport.

His niece, Loretta Dyson, witnessed the opening of the time capsule, removed during demolition of the Murphy Terminal.

"It breaks my heart," said the former Latin teacher. "Sic Transit Gloria!"

Once the old terminal is down a new parking garage and ground transportation center with car rental facilities is to rise in front of the site. It is to be connected to the terminal with a climate-controlled moving sidewalk.

The existing car rental facilities will be prime parcels for development, said the airport executive director, Kevin Dillon, or surface parking lots.

Photo Credit: NBCConnecticut.com

Masked Home Invaders With Crowbars Tie Up, Rob Couple


Three masked men armed with crowbars barged into a Connecticut home Monday night, tied up the husband and wife and stole thousands of dollars in cash and jewelry from their safe before fleeing, authorities say.

Police say the Greenwich couple went to bed around 10 p.m. About 15 minutes later they heard a noise and were confronted by the masked intruders. The robbers tied up the couple and emptied their safe.

Greenwich Police Lt. Kraig Gray described the robbery as "very quiet, very quick and very thorough." 

No injuries were reported. Authorities said the front door of the couple's home wasn't locked and their alarm system had not been activated.

"Maybe there's a false sense of safety when you live in such a great neighborhood," said neighbor Hector Ruiz. "We probably have that sense, that we can just walk out the doors without locking the doors."

Police said that such home invasions are rare in Greenwich and that finding the perpetrators would be a top priority.

"The violation of the sanctity of someone's home is a significant crime and one which our department takes extremely seriously," Greenwich Police Capt. Mark Kordick said in a statement.

-- Danielle Elias contributed to this report. 

Photo Credit: News 12 Connecticut

Police Investigate Suspicious Death in New Britain


Police are investigating a suspicious death at the corner of Farmington Avenue and Yeaton Street in New Britain.

Authorities have declined to elaborate on the incident but said there is no danger to the public. Witnesses said they heard gunshots in the area before police arrived.

Police said they were dispatched to the scene at 7:48 p.m. and expect the intersection to remain closed throughout the night.

The medical examiner has arrived on scene, according to police.

Check back for updates on this developing story.

Photo Credit: NBCConnecticut.com

Teens "Kicked, Punched, Choked" 2 Boston Cops: Police



Boston police say seven teens attacked two officers who were trying to arrest one of them Monday in the city’s Roxbury neighborhood, an accusation one of the arrested teens told NECN was “a lie."

Woobenson Morisset, 19, and Lorcien Morisset, 18, both from Dorchester, were arrested after police say they "kicked, punched and choked" two officers, a man and a woman, as they tried to arrest the older teen on a warrant. The teens were both arraigned Tuesday.

Police say a 17-year-old boy and four girls between the ages of 13 and 16 also joined in the alleged attack at a home on Wayne Street.

Lorcien Morisset denied the accusation that he and his relatives had attacked the officers.

"That's a lie," he told NECN. "We didn't touch them."

"They took us — me, my sister and cousins, plus my brother," he added.

Police said at a press conference that the officers were treated and released from a hospital.

Photo Credit: NECN

Non-Mexican Immigrants Eclipse Mexicans in Trying to Cross Border: Report


A major shift in unauthorized immigration into the United States has just reached a historic benchmark.

For the first time on record, more non-Mexicans are being apprehended along U.S. borders than Mexican nationals, according to a study by the Pew Research Center.

Since the turn of the century, what was a flood of incoming undocumented Mexican immigrants has slowed dramatically — from a three-decade peak of 1.6 million in fiscal year 2000, to 809,000 in 2007 and 229,000 in the fiscal year that ended Oct. 31.

But undocumented, non-Mexican immigrant apprehensions numbered 257,000 — a total led by a surge of refugees fleeing Central America, including 52,000 unaccompanied children from El Salvador, Guatemala and Honduras.

Binational scholars have pointed out that Mexico's birthrate has been in decline and its demographics changing to the point where the cross-border social and economic dynamics of years past don't carry the same push and pull.

And the results can be seen by those who patrol the borders with boots on the ground.

"If you look at it, it's economics,” said Gabe Pacheco, a spokesman for the National Border Patrol Council’s union Local 1613.

In an interview Monday, Pacheco noted a Pew report finding that unauthorized Mexican immigrant adults are staying in the U.S. for a median of 13 years, versus eight years a decade earlier.

“People don't want to give what it takes to come across the border,” Pacheco told NBC 7. “(They’re) looking at three to ten thousand dollars to come across, to be smuggled over by organizations."

Non-Mexicans can't be returned to their home countries as easily as Mexicans can — and not to Mexico, period.

"The situation in Mexico has gotten better; there's more security at the border,” said Border Angels founder Enrique Morones. “ People don't want have to come and risk their lives dying crossing the desert … Today we need to have humane policies so that there can be, for the first time, a line for these people that are risking their lives in the desert to get into."

But former U.S. Attorney Peter Nunez cautions that Mexico remains an inviting gateway to the U.S. for unauthorized immigrants of all nationalities: "We are being gamed by poor people around the world who know exactly what I've been saying — this isn't a secret to anybody — get to Mexico, get yourself to the border, and you're home free."

Nunez cited a 90 percent no-show rate for immigrants given hearing dates for immigration proceedings.

“For the next two years at least, we’re going to be at the mercy of every person who wants to come here illegally,” he said. “Wherever they are in the world, we're powerless to stop them."

According to the Pew analysis of 60 years of Border Patrol statistics, it's been 45 years since the agency apprehended as few undocumented Mexican immigrants as it just has.

And back then, they represented 20 times the number of non-Mexican apprehensions.

The report also found that undocumented Asian immigrant totals are catching up with those for Central Americans.

Photo Credit: AP

Top Hartford City Attorney Steps Down


The city of Hartford's top attorney is leaving her position.

Corporation Counsel Saundra Kee Borges is departing Jan. 30 and deputy attorney Henri Alexandre will replace her in the interim as acting corporation counsel.

"It has been a pleasure to serve the public over the last 4 and one half years," Kee Borges wrote in her resignation letter to Hartford Mayor Pedro Segarra, dated Dec. 30. "I have worked tirelessly during that period to bring about changes that I believe have served your administration, the Office of the Corporation Counsel and the public well."

Kee Borges began working for the city in the Office of Corporation Counsel upon graduating from law school at UConn. She served as deputy corporation counsel and then city manager when Mike Peters was mayor, according to Segarra. In 2002, she opened her own law firm and then returned to work for the city again as corporation counsel in 2010.

“Sandy’s commitment to the City of Hartford spans many years,” Segarra said in a statement. “She has been a valued member of my team and I wish her well in whatever she chooses next.”

Kee Borges was removed from her position as chief operating officer of the city in October 2013, a month after her city-owned vehicle was involved in an early morning crash following an NAACP dinner. Her fiance, acting Asst. Fire Chief Terry Waller, was driving at the time, according to police.

City Council members said they were not notified in advance about her departure. Councilman Ken Kennedy said her learned of the news in the mayor's press release.

"I told people I had heard nothing about it and did not expect it to occur, so I was surprised when the release came from the mayor's office," he explained. "I think it would have been nice for the Council to be notified ahead of the press release so that we had some understanding for why it occurred."

City Council President Shawn Wooden said he also just heard about the resignation and wasn't told in advance. He declined to comment on her departure at this time.

Kee Borges thanked the mayor for having confidence in her and giving her "the opportunity to serve the people of Hartford," she said.

"I'm pursuing several opportunities but first look forward to spending some much needed time with my family," Borges wrote.

Alexandre, who Segarra is appointing to fill in after Borges leaves, has served in the state Department of Emergency Services and Public Protection as legal director and also was an assistant attorney general for more than 15 years, Segarra's office said.

"It should be an incredibly smooth transition," Kennedy said. "[Alexandre has] been an outstanding deputy corporation counsel and I think he'll be an excellent corporation counsel."

Segarra's office said the mayor "is confident the office will continue to operate efficiently during this transitional period" given his 20 plus years of legal experience.

The reason for Kee Borges' departure is unknown and it's unclear if she's accepted a job elsewhere.

"Sandy is an excellent employee and has been an outstanding corporation counsel," Kennedy said. "She's a very good person and I'm sure whatever her reasons were for the resignation had nothing to do with work."

Quinnipiac Frat Shut Down Amid Hazing Probe


Quinnipiac University has temporarily shut down a fraternity expelled a student member after a hazing investigation, and other members have been suspended or disciplined, school officials say.

The university has issued fraternity Tau Kappa Epsilon (TKE) a cease-and-desist order during student conduct proceedings. One student member was expelled, two were suspended, several were sanctioned and many others are being investigated, according to Lynn Bushnell, vice president for public affairs.

The names of the students punished have not been released, and information wasn't immediately available on the nature of the reported hazing.

TKE is listed as the Kappa Psi chapter, according to the organization's website.

Bushnell said that the discipline for the TKE members are "a result of a university student conduct investigation into allegations of hazing."

"Other TKE members have also been sanctioned as part of the investigation, and several more will face the student conduct process," Bushnell said. "In addition, the university has issued the fraternity a cease and desist order prohibiting it from operating at the university until the student conduct process is completed. With the safety and security of our students being paramount, the university will simply not tolerate hazing of any kind by any group or individual and will act swiftly to remove those held responsible from the community.”

Teacher Touts DUI Dodger App


A SoCal teacher hopes his DUI checkpoint app will help keep drunken drivers off the road - but an anti-drunk driving advocacy group claims it could give drivers a “false sense of security.” 

Geno Rose, a high school special education teacher from Anaheim Hills, worked with a San Diego developer to create the DUI Dodger app, a searchable app in which users can not only find checkpoints across the country but also upload locations for others to see.

The idea for the app sparked when Rose and his wife got stuck in a checkpoint as their newborn son cried in the back seat, he told NBC4.

"The baby was crying and had a dirty diaper, so I was hoping to get home quick and stumbled upon a DUI checkpoint," he said. "I was sitting in the checkpoint and I said, 'There's got to be a way to know these are up ahead.'"

Rose designed the app in February 2011 to not only prevent drivers from drinking and getting behind the wheel, but also to help sober drivers get where they need to go more quickly.

"You don't have to be drinking to want to use (the app)," Rose said.

The app enables users view and submit checkpoints by marking a map location where they spotted one. It also comes with a Walk the Line test that measures a person's stability as they walk while holding the phone, and a Blood Alcohol Content level calculator.

A message displayed during the tests tell users the results are "for entertainment purposes only," and instructs them, "Use common sense and just do not drink and drive at all."

Mothers Against Drunk Driving (MADD) spoke out about the app, noting that while authorities often announce checkpoints in advance to ultimately deter drunken driving, the priority is for people to only drive sober no matter what.

"Regardless of how the information is distributed, we just want people to not drink and drive and get home safely," MADD spokeswoman Amy George said.

While MADD said it does not support apps with BAC calculators because it gives the user a "false sense of security that it's safe to drive" when it isn't, the advocacy group said checkpoints help prevent DUIs.

"Would-be drunk drivers hear the message that if they drive drunk, they will get caught. Would-be drunk drivers then see law enforcement out in force, creating a strong deterrent effect, preventing people from driving drunk in the first place," MADD National President Jan Withers said in a statement.

Some US senators have opposed the checkpoint finder app because it could help drunken drivers evade checkpoints and avoid consequences, Rose said.

"The last thing we want to do is promote drunk driving," Rose said. "I've heard that argument, but people are going to do what they're going to do. I hope it makes them think twice or three times before doing it."

The DUI Dodger app is available for download in the Apple Store for $2.99.

Photo Credit: DUI Dodger App

Ring in the New Year in Connecticut


Are you ringing in 2015 in Connecticut? Cities and town statewide are getting ready for New Year's Eve.

If you're looking to go out, there are a slew of bars and restaurants in New Haven hosting special parties with New Year's Eve menus that will keep the champagne flowing.

There's also a First Night celebration in Hartford featuring artists, music, performance groups and exhibits at places from The Wadsworth Atheneum and the Old State House to Hartford City Hall. Tickets are on sale now.

Westport and Danbury have similar First Night celebrations.

Photo Credit: NBC Local Media

Crash Causes I-84 Lane Closures in Southington


A crash on Interstate 84 west has caused lane closures in Southington.

The motor vehicle accident happened near exit 30 and the left and center lanes are closes as a result, the Southington Fire Department said.

More information will be provided when it becomes available.

Photo Credit: NBCConnecticut.com

Tractor Trailer Rollover Crash Closes I-395 North Exit Ramp


A tractor trailer crash has closed the Exit 81W ramp on Interstate 395 north in Norwich Wednesday morning.

There were minor fluid spills after a tractor trailer truck carrying shrubbery crashed and rolled over in that area at about 10 a.m. on the morning of New Year's Eve.

Crews are on scene cleaning up the spill and that is expected to take about two hours.

Yantic firefighters and Connecticut state police responded.

Photo Credit: NBCConnecticut.com

Liquor Store Broken Into on New Year's Eve


Wallingford police are investigating a liquor store burglary that happened early Wednesday morning.

A security alarm went off at A & D Package Store on 38 South Turnpike Road at about 4:38 a.m. on the morning of New Year's Eve, Wallingford police said.

There is no word on whether any arrests have been made or whether there is a suspect.

Photo Credit: Shutterstock
Viewing all 57608 articles
Browse latest View live