Channel: NBC Connecticut
Browsing All 57608 Browse Latest View Live
Mark channel Not-Safe-For-Work? cancel confirm NSFW Votes: (0 votes)
Are you the publisher? Claim or contact us about this channel.

Illinois: Before & After Tornadoes


At least two tornadoes, but likely more, touched down on several Northern Illinois communities on Thursday, National Weather Service forecasters said, based on reports from trained storm spotters and chasers as well as radar and environmental evidence.

The first report came a little after 6 p.m., with the storm tracking to the northeast. It hit the communities of Kirkland at 7:05 p.m., Woodstock at 7:50 p.m. and Lake Villa at 8:10 p.m. before dissipating.

The hardest hit communities were Cherry Valley, Flagg Center, Fairdale, and Kirkland. At least two people were confirmed dead in Fairdale as of midday Friday.


Photo Credit: americanoutlaw / Instagram
This story uses functionality that may not work in our app. Click here to open the story on our mobile site.

Police Arrest Suspect in Hartford Carjacking, Kidnapping


Police have arrested a 23-year-old Hartford man accused of stealing a pickup truck with two children inside on Monday and driving to the hospital for treatment of a gunshot.

Tony Mercado, 23, was arrested Friday and charged with first-degree robbery, two counts of risk of injury to a minor and two counts of second-degree kidnapping. He's currently in custody at the Hartford Police Department.

Mercado is accused of stealing a pickup truck at gunpoint Monday evening in the area of Preston Street and Campfield Avenue in Hartford. Police said Mercado, who had been shot in the torso, drove the stolen truck to Hartford Hospital.

Two children inside the truck at the time of the carjacking were unharmed. They reunited with their family members that evening, according to police.

Mercado was listed in critical but stable condition following the shooting. He was one of three gunshot victims to receive treatment at city hospitals that day. Police said they believe all three people were involved in a shootout.

The other two gunshot victims have been identified as 27-year-old Steven Pedraza and 34-year-old Juan Rosa, both Hartford residents. Police said both men were shot in the leg and suffered non-life threatening injuries.

Mercado's bond was set at $750. Police said he's due in court Monday morning.

Authorities are still investigating the incident.

Access Health Responds to Tax Documents Glitch


Some residents insured under Access Health CT have run into problems with key tax documents.

Customers of the state's health care marketplace said they either haven't received their 1095-A tax forms or the forms contained mistakes that could lead to tax penalties.

"While the form is rather simple, the data that goes into that form gets reconciled not only with Access Health, gets reconciled with each of the carriers, gets reconciled with Access Health, gets reconciled with the Federal Government. All of those things are going on behind the scenes," said Access Health CEO Jim Wadleigh.

The 1095-A form contains vital information. It shows whether customers paids their premiums, how much they paid, whether they qualified for federal subsidies to help pay for coverage and which health insurance providers they use.

The issues regarding forms that may have incomplete or incorrect subsidy or premium information are not limited to Connecticut.

"I was on a conference call with other CEOs and other marketplaces are having the same problems," Wadleigh said.

In some cases, Wadleigh explained, customers received two different 1095-A forms. He said those were the result of changes in coverage during the open enrollment period.

Put another way, individuals who purchased one kind of coverage canceled it, then enrolled for another insurance plan.

"In those cases, they were supposed to receive two forms," Wadleigh said.

Facebook users described some of the issues as "ridiculous" and a "nightmare."

Wadleigh apologized and said he wants anyone with issues regarding their 1095-A to get in touch with Access Health directly.

The IRS and Treasury Department announced that anyone with an issue regarding their health insurance tax information needs to file an extension for their tax filings by midnight on April 15. Also, anyone who receives their correct 1095-A by April 15 is encouraged to send in the form as-is, and does not need to file an amended return.

Photo Credit: NBCConnecticut.com

Plea Deal on the Table in Case of Deadly Fire


A teen accused of starting a house fire that killed his friend’s sister is considering a plea deal.

Nineteen-year-old Eric Morelli pleaded not guilty to first-degree manslaughter and reckless endangerment, but attorneys said they're in the process of negotiating a plea deal.

Morelli spent less than a minute in front of a judge at a pre-trial hearing on Friday.

He's accused of throwing a firecracker through the window of a friend's house in Southington last June in an effort to wake up him up. Authorities said it started the blaze that 22-year-old Kristen Milano was unable to escape.

Her mother, Mary, declined to speak about the plea deal, but said her daughter deserves justice.
She also talked about the emotions of the last nine months.

"My family has been destroyed. Every day, we live with this pain and I just want justice for her," said Milano. 'The pain that he’s caused my family is unbearable. I have to wake up every day carrying this pain with me, and I will for the rest of my life."

Morelli’s family attorney said the family is also searching for closure.

"It’s been a very difficult process for the family, as you mentioned. We were hoping this case would have some form of closure today, and unfortunately, that wasn’t able to happen," said Marisa Bellair.

Morelli is due back in court on May 1.

New Britain Mourns Teen Who Died of Brain Hemorrhage


A week ago, New Britain resident Charles Bimpong was praying for a miracle. It was a miracle that didn’t happen.

"It came out of all of a sudden," recalled Bimpong.

His 16-year-old son Andrew woke up in the middle of the night complaining of an excruciating headache. He died the next day of a massive brain hemorrhage.

"I see him everywhere I turn in the home. He is there. When all the family members go home and then I’m alone in the house, then it’s very very difficult for me," Bimpong said.

The death of the New Britain High School sophomore shocked his classmates.

"It was just so quick and unreal," said Kennedy Otuo-Acheampong, who met Andrew at church two years ago.

The pair has been inseparable ever since.

"We were friends, we were like brothers," he explained.

He said he’ll miss the long summer nights playing basketball with his best friend.

"He’s a really friendly person. He’s really cool and... he’s really easy to make friends with," added Otuo-Acheampong.

It’s been difficult for students to walk through the hallways and not see their friend, but the New Britain High School principal said trying to understand Andrew’s death has brought the school communty together.

"It’s a tragic loss that we have, but I also think it’s also bringing out kids who want to do something because of the fact that it was someone so close to their age," said school principal David Chambers.

Classmates wrote down their favorite memories of Andrew and shared them with his family.

"I have no idea how I would have pulled through these few days without them," said Bimpong.

The community support is helping Andrew’s father get through the grief.

Funeral Services for Andrew Bimpong are scheduled for 9 a.m. Saturday at the New Britain Memorial-Sagarino Funeral Home. The family invites community members to attend.

Man in Car Approaches High School Student in Berlin


School officials in Berlin are warning parents and student to be vigilant after a man in a car approached a teen walking to school Friday morning and offered her a ride.

Authorities said the student ran away and reported the incident to her bus driver, who in turn contacted police.

Police are investigating the incident and stepping up patrols in the neighborhood, in both marked and unmarked cars, according to the superintendent.

Supt. David B. Erwin sent an email to parents Friday notifying them of the situation. He reminded students to travel with a friend or buddy whenever possible, trust their instincts and never accept rides from strangers without parental permission.

"I assure you that we will continue to work closely with the Berlin Police Department. If there should be any additional information or sightings of suspicious activity, it is critical that parents and community members contact school administration and the police department immediately," Erwin wrote to parents. "Together, we can keep our students safe as they travel to and from school."

Photo Credit: NBCConnecticut.com

Longtime Hartford Probate Judge Announces Mayoral Bid


On the same day as his official retirement from the bench, Judge Robert Killian announced plans to seek Hartford’s highest office.

Killian served as Hartford’s Probate Judge for 30 years and six months. He said it's time now for a drastic change of thinking inside Hartford City Hall.

"I’m challenging a mindset that I think Pedro [Segarra] shares with the city of Hartford, and that is that the city of Hartford has to do more things to entice new people to live here," Killian said during an interview Friday.

Killian said spending has been out of control in Hartford, due in part to decisions by Segarra’s office and the Hartford City Council.

He said the new baseball stadium leaves existing residents behind without adding any value to neighborhoods that need investment.

"When we do grand plans here, I don’t think we adequately consider the consequences for the people who live here," he said.

Construction on the stadium got underway last month. The ballpark is slated to open in April 2016 and will house the future Hartford Yard Goats baseball team.

Killian said the stadium won’t be the payoff city leaders have touted. He added that future apartments in the vicinity of the stadium won’t improve the quality of life in the city.

"A couple thousand people, if they’re totally built out and totally successful, but totally oblivious to the fact that it doesn’t do anything for the 125,000 or so people who live here by choice or necessity," he said.

The longtime judge said spending on pension and retirement plans for elected officials is also rampant. He wants to see a change from a defined benefit plan to a defined contribution system for future elected officials.

"That just doesn’t make any sense," he said.

Killian said it’s one of the reasons Hartford faces future deficits in the tens of millions of dollars.

"It doesn’t do anything for the city at large. The problem is it’s broke. We’re flat busted broke and we have limited potential for seeing improvement either in the short term or the long term," he explained.

Killian is the latest Democrat to enter the race. Luke Bronin and John Gale are also in the running for the Democratic nomination.

Bronin is a former Legal Adviser to Gov. Dannel Malloy and White House Staffer under President Barack Obama. Gale is a Hartford attorney who’s served on Hartford’s Democratic Committee.

Photo Credit: NBCConnecticut.com

Four People Found Dead in NY Home


The parents of an NYPD sergeant and two others were found dead inside a Queens, New York,  home in what authorities suspect is a case of carbon monoxide poisoning, sources familiar with the response say. 

Police say four people died inside the Floral Park home on 86th Avenue, and according to sources, carbon monoxide poisoning is a leading theory in the investigation into their deaths. 

Investigators are looking into whether a car left running in the garage is the source of the carbon monoxide, sources said. Authorities don't consider it suspicious at this point.

Neighbors and law enforcement sources identified the couple as Jerry and Marie Hugel, 83 and 80 years old, respectively. Marie was found in the kitchen area of the home, and Jerry was found near the car in the garage, law enforcement sources said, citing preliminary information from the ongoing investigation. 

An 76-year-old friend of the couple, a man, was found in the first-floor living room, and a 70-year-old tenant living upstairs, Gloria Greco, was found in a doorwell, police said. 

Neighbor Helga Harter said the elderly couple who lived in the home was from Bavaria, Germany, and that the couple went back to Germany at least once a year. 

The couple danced once a week at Plattduetsche, a local German restaurant, and Jerry was the former president of the local German society, said Harter, who has been friends with the couple for 40 years. 

"They were wonderful people," she said. "They've been married for 60 years."

Jerry and Marie Hugel had five children, including their NYPD sergeant son. 

The Sergeants Benevolent Association said in a statement, "Our prayers are with Sgt. Hugel and his family." 

Earlier this week, a mother and her 6-year-old daughter were found dead in their New Jersey home, victims of carbon monoxide poisoning from a gas generator they were using after their electricity was cut for non-payment, family members said. The medical examiner confirmed their causes of death Friday. 

Carbon monoxide is odorless and colorless. Here are some ways to protect your family from being exposed:

  • Make sure you have working carbon monoxide detectors. They cost as little as $30 at home improvement stores. Install one on each floor of your home.
  • Check your appliances. Gas appliances like ranges, ovens or even clothes dryers can produce carbon monoxide if they're not installed or working properly, according to the Consumer Product Safety Commission.
  • Have your chimneys and vents inspected every year by a service technician. A block could cause carbon monoxide to back up in to your home.

Veteran Massachusetts Firefighter Killed in Crash


A veteran firefighter was killed in a truck crash Friday in Plympton, Massachusetts.

Bruce Wood was a member of the Halifax Fire Department for 43 years when his truck and another collided head-on.

Police say the two trucks heading crashed on Route 58 around 2:24 p.m.

Authorities say a preliminary investigation points to the truck traveling northbound drifting into oncoming traffic, hitting the truck driving southbound.

Plympton police say the driver of the truck going northbound was taken to South Shore Hospital in Weymouth with serious injuries.

Wood, who was driving the other truck, was pronounced dead at the scene.

An investigation is ongoing.

Photo Credit: Halifax Fire

Milford Remembers Officer Killed in Line of Duty 28 Years Ago


This weekend marks a somber anniversary in the city of Milford, where Officer Daniel S. Wasson was killed 28 years ago in the line of duty.

His memory lives on, not only in the hearts and minds of community members, but in local landmarks bearing his name.

"He was the type of person everyone wanted to be around," said Milford Police Chief Keith Mello.

Wasson was a K-9 handler and Air Force veteran who dedicated his life to serving others.

"On April 12, 1987, Danny was making a routine motor vehicle stop, something that he had done probably hundreds of times before," said Mello.

But this time was different. Thomas Hoyeson shot the 25-year-old officer in the chest on the Boston Post Road. He was later sentenced to life in prison. It was a crime that sent shock waves through the city of Milford.

"It changed the lives of the people here. It changed the lives of the community, and it certainly changed the lives of his family," Mello said.

"We didn’t know where to go. We don’t know what to do. We were lost," said Wasson’s younger brother, Ray.

In the 28 years since, Wasson’s family has found comfort in the way the city has memorialized the fallen officer – through awards, scholarships, a baseball field and the Daniel S. Wasson Memorial Connector, a 2.8-mile stretch of highway between the parkway and Boston Post Road.

"At least once a week somebody says to me, 'You know, I saw that sign, are you related to that guy?'" Ray Wasson said. “So it gets me to tell the story."

Daniel "Danny" Wasson’s badge number – 60 – was permanently retired and his original locker was carefully preserved during renovations four years ago.

Mello said every police academy recruit learns Wasson’s story.

"We bring them in about 4 o’clock in the morning and we run them down the Boston Post Road during hours of darkness and we bring them to the same site where Danny was killed," Mello explained. "And there is a cruiser just like there was that night. And there is a ceremony. We have the recruits lay a wreath down at the site Danny was killed and we do that because we want others to remember his sacrifice."

"I hope when we are all gone people are still remembering Danny for the right reasons, the main being the safety of our police officers," said Ray Wasson. "That's important. That’s an important legacy to carry on."

Residents Get Law Enforcement Lesson


Willimantic police are giving 30 residents a close-up look at what they do, when they do it and the equipment they use.

"We know the community is part of the police department, but we want it to be the other way around. We want that door to be open for people to be able to come in, see the K-9s, ask questions," said Willimantic police spokesman Cpl. Stan Parizo Jr.

The Citizens Police Academy is an 11-week program, and this week's particular lesson involved use of force. One officer even volunteered to be tazed in front of the class to raise money for charity.

It's a five-second blast of 50,000 volts, and many found themselves having to decide if and when to pull the trigger.

"I think it shows them the immediacy we deal with, the fact we go to a domestic, we go to a bar fight. It's literally seconds we have to make that decision," said Parizo.

It's a hot topic across the country that's left police departments and communities at odds. Back in August, surveillance video showed an 18-year-old being tazed in Hartford.

Then, during New Haven's annual St. Patrick's Day parade, video surfaced revealing a handcuffed 15-year-old girl violently forced to the ground. Both incidents prompted protests and rallies. Internal affairs investigations cleared the officers, but tensions remained.

Police say talking and interacting with one another can help bridge the gap between officers and the citizens they're commissioned to protect.

Photo Credit: NBCConnecticut.com

Army Vet Receives Dog From Non-Profit


A non-profit is helping a Massachusetts soldier along the road to emotional health with a new companion at his side.

When Staff Sergeant Eric Estabrook returned from the second of two tours in Afghanistan, he had invisible wounds that he still has trouble discussing years later.

"They are scars you can't see from the outside but there are guys just like me out there who had some real issues and you just have to ask for help," he said.

Realizing how a companion might help him heal, Eric from Canton, living in Dorchester now, contacted California-based non-profit Rebuilding Warriors, whose motto is "Saving warriors... one dog at a time."

The organization made this connection - an 8-month-old German Shepherd with the perfect disposition and name - Freedom - for the job.

"A dog provides emotional support that another human can't give. It's very hard to explain what's going on in their heads, to their spouses, to their friends. But they can talk to a dog," said Jeff Anderson, CEO of Rebuilding Warriors.

"This is just one small way we can give back to these men and women who have sacrificed so much," said Freedom's breeder and trainer Kevin Williams, of Diamond Match German Shepherds in Leverett, Massachusetts.

He has spent a few months, making sure the transition and the healing process will be smooth.

"The handoff is actually a wonderful experience, a little bit sad. But a wonderful experience," Williams said.

"She's already changed my life and I know that we'll continue to work together I know that things will get better," Estabrook added.

It appears they already have.

The funding for this new therapeutic partnership comes from Warrior Thunder in Millis.

Saturday night, Freedom will officially go home with Eric at the end of a special fundraising event in Middleboro.

Photo Credit: necn

10 Calif. Deputies Put on Leave


Ten deputies from the San Bernardino County Sheriff's Department were placed on paid administrative leave pending an internal investigation into the beating of a suspect at the end of a horseback pursuit.

During a press conference Friday San Bernardino County Sheriff John McMahon said the beating "appears to be excessive based on what I saw on video."

McMahon asked for the public's patience during the investigation. He referenced his own time spent on pursuits during his 30 year career and said "at the end of a pursuit it is a very difficult time to control your emotions and clearly to control the adrenaline, not that that's an excuse for what occurred yesterday."

NBC4's chopper was rolling overhead when it captured the beating of 30-year-old Apple Valley resident Jared Pusok Thursday, April 9. Deputies attempted to serve a search warrant at Pusok's home when he fled in a car leading officials on a pursuit through Victor Valley before he abandoned the vehicle and stole a horse that he rode on dirt trails, authorities said.

Pusok's mother said the officials acted like they were on a "joyride."

NewsChopper4 caught the end of the pursuit where up to 10 deputies descended on Pusok and appeared to punch and kick him repeatedly for two minutes. The video has since gone viral.

State Could Soon See Human Cases of Deadly Tick-Borne Virus


A rare but potentially deadly virus has made its way to Connecticut and could soon be transferred from ticks to humans, according to state officials. Human cases of the virus have been reported in other states in the northeast, including New York, New Jersey, Massachusetts and Maine.

Dr. Theodore Andreadis, director of the Connecticut Agricultural Experiment Station in New Haven, said researchers identified ticks carrying the Powassan virus as part of a study published in 2012.

According to Andreadis, 2-3 percent of ticks surveyed in North Branford and Bridgeport tested positive for the virus. By comparison, some 30-40 percent of ticks in Connecticut carry Lyme disease.

Although there are no known cases of the virus in Connecticut, Andreadis said he expects the state could be seeing human cases soon.

"It’s an emerging tick-borne disease that we’re going to be looking at more closely. Right now, we know it’s in the state," he explained. "We don’t know how widespread it is but we’re going to be doing more work to find out, and with reported cases in surrounding states, it’s quite likely we’re getting some human exposure here in Connecticut."

Although the Powassan virus is "relatively rare," it "has the potential to cause very serious disease" and can produce encephalitis, or inflammation of the brain, Andreadis said.

The virus was first identified in 1958 in Powassan, Ontario, when a child contracted the disease and died, according to Andreadis.

Andreadis said the CEAS is expanding its survey to determine the prevalence of the virus in Connecticut.

Residents should be diligent about checking for ticks when hiking or camping the woods.

The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention also recommends using tick repellent and wearing long sleeves and pants when spending time in wooded or bushy areas.

Photo Credit: Getty Images

Quadriplegic Man's Mom ID


Police have signed an arrest warrant for a Philadelphia woman after she allegedly left her quadriplegic son with cerebral palsy alone in the woods for over five days with nothing but a blanket and a Bible.

Nyia Parler, 41, is accused of leaving her 21-year-old son in a wooded area along Cobbs Creek Parkway near Catharine Street around 11 a.m. Monday before traveling to Montgomery County, Maryland to visit her boyfriend.

After several days of cold temperatures and rain, the victim was found 100-feet into the woods around 9 p.m. Friday, according to Philadelphia Police Lt. John Walker. Investigators say the victim likely would have died if not for the man who spotted him while passing by.

"They found [him] about 100 yards off the roadway here, laying in leaves. He's got a blanket over him and a Bible on his chest," Walker said. "He has a wheelchair about 10 feet from his body."

Rescuers took the man to the Children's Hospital of Philadelphia where he is being treated for a cut on his back, dehydration, malnutrition and exposure to the weather, police said. He is currently in stable condition.

"A lot of things could've happened out there," Walker said. "Obviously he's in the middle of a wooded area. You have wild animals out there. You never know what's going to happen."

Several of his aunts are by his bedside, said police, who added the relatives are being interviewed about his medical history and his mother.

Officials describe the victim as "non-verbal" and completely dependent on others for his care.

"What we've learned so far is that the 21-year-old child lives with his mother, completely dependent on mom as a result of his condition," Walker said. "She also has a 16-year-old son who is staying with other family members."

The man, who attends the School of the Future at 40th Street and Parkside Avenue, didn't show up for classes and officials called Nyia Parler, his mother, police said. When she didn't answer, they contacted his aunt and then she phoned his mom, according to investigators.

At that time, Parler lied to authorities, claiming her son was safe with her in Maryland along with her boyfriend, according to investigators.

"We know she left for Maryland on Monday to go see her boyfriend on a bus," Walker said.

Eight hours after authorities found the man, Parler remains in Maryland, Walker said. Police signed a warrant for Parler's arrest Saturday night. She will be charged with aggravated assault, simple assault, reckless endangerment, neglect of a care-dependent person, unlawful restraint, kidnapping and false imprisonment.

"We've been working all night with Maryland authorities so the county in Maryland we're working with has assisted us in this investigation," Walker said. "They have been in contact with her and the boyfriend she's staying with." 

NBC10's Jesse Gary was at the scene when officers took the man's wheelchair in as evidence.

Police said the victim and Parler live in a West Philadelphia home that does not have a handicapped-accessible ramp. They are working with DHS in the investigation.

"It's heartbreaking to see another human, especially a mother, treat someone like that," Walker said. "You had all the opportunities in the world to turn that kid to your family members who wanted to care for him." 

Photo Credit: Dave Palmer / NBC10
This story uses functionality that may not work in our app. Click here to open the story on our mobile site.

FBI Launches Pursuit Beating Probe


The FBI is carrying out a civil rights investigation after a suspect was beaten by deputies following a horseback pursuit in the high desert northeast of Los Angeles Thursday.

NBC4's chopper was rolling overhead when it captured the beating of 30-year-old Apple Valley resident Francis Jared Pusok, where up to 10 deputies appeared to punch and kick him repeatedly for two minutes.

The move comes after 10 San Bernardino County Sheriff’s Department deputies were placed on paid administrative leave Friday pending an internal investigation into the beating.

"The FBI has initiated an investigation to determine whether civil rights were violated during a pursuit and altercation involving Francis Pusok and San Bernardino County Sheriff’s deputies on April 9, 2015," FBI spokeswoman Laura Eimiller said.

The results of the review will be sent to the United States Attorney’s Office, as well as the Department of Justice's  Civil Rights Division to determine if a prosecution or further investigation is warranted. 

The FBI investigation will not interfere with the probe currently being carried out by the Sheriff’s Department.

Sheriff John McMahon ordered an immediate internal investigation Thursday into the arrest.

"I'm not sure if there was a struggle with the suspect," McMahon said at the time. "It appears there was in the early parts of the video. What happens afterwards, I'm not sure of but we will investigate it thoroughly."

McMahon asked for the public's patience during the investigation.

Car Fire Deemed Arson


Police are investigating a late Friday night car fire in New London as arson.

A 911 call came into the New London Emergency Communications Center at about 11:58 p.m. on Friday reporting a car fire.

A witness reported seeing a Hispanic male running from the 2004 BMW that caught fire toward Fulton Park, police said.

The New London Fire Department and Acting Fire Marshal Vern Skau responded.

Police ask anyone with information to call the New London Police Department at 860-442-4444.

The fire remains under investigation.

Photo Credit: NBCConnecticut.com

Shots Fired at BMW in New London


Police are investigating after shots were fired at a BMW in New London.

The New London Emergency Communications Center received a 911 call reporting multiple gunshots fired near 419 Montauk Ave. at about 1:21 a.m. Police found the BMW that had been shot at with people inside, police said. Groton police found a vehicle suspected to be the shooter's based on the description the victims provided police, according to police. 

Police said there are no reports of injuries.

Both cars were taken to the New London Police impound.

Police as anyone with information to call the New London Police Department at 860-442-4444.

Public Service Set for Lauren Hill


A public memorial service will be held Monday in Cincinnati for the college basketball player who inspired many as she fought an inoperable brain tumor.

Nineteen-year-old Lauren Hill died Friday at a Cincinnati hospital. She played in four games for Mount St. Joseph this past season and made five layups.

The memorial service will be Monday night at Xavier University's 10,000-seat basketball arena. That's where Hill made a layup in front of a sold-out crowd to start the season.

Former Tennessee women's coach Pat Summitt and several WNBA players were in the crowd that day to see Hill take the court. She went on to help raise $1.5 million for cancer research.

Hill's teammates and coaches gathered Friday to remember her at an on-campus vigil.

Photo Credit: Getty Images

Silver Alert Issued for Missing New Britain Woman, 26


State police have issued a Silver Alert for a missing 26-year-old New Britain woman.

Kimberly R. Hendricks, 26, was last seen April 6 wearing a brown T-shirt, grey sweatpants and grey slippers.

Police said she has black hair, brown eyes, is 5-foot-7 and weighs about 240 pounds.

New Britain police ask anyone with information to call the department at 860-826-3000.

Photo Credit: State Police
Browsing All 57608 Browse Latest View Live