Are you the publisher? Claim or contact us about this channel

Embed this content in your HTML


Report adult content:

click to rate:

Account: (login)

More Channels


Channel Catalog

Channel Description:

News Top Stories

older | 1 | .... | 362 | 363 | (Page 364) | 365 | 366 | .... | 2520 | newer

    0 0

    A West Haven Bar has reopened two months after a deadly shooting.

    The bar was called the Lager House when a man was shot and killed in the parking lot last December. Owners have changed the name to Central Pub.

    According to police, Jaymar Spain of West Haven was shot near the Bar at 555 Campbell Ave. Police said he may have been involved in a fight in the bar's bathroom, which continued inside and resulted in the victim being shot.

    People were fighting outside the bar when officers arrived on scene and the victim was unconscious, police said.

    No arrests have been made.

    0 0

    Water had been shut down on Main Street near Governor Street in East Hartford while MDC investigated a water main leak.

    Crews assessed a 10-inch water main leak on Main Street in East Hartford, according to MDC.

    Water service had been turned off, and fire hydrants in the area were not operational, East Hartford police said. It's not clear how many homes may be affected.

    No road closures are currently in effect.

    All service was restored by 2:00 p.m.


    View Larger Map

    Photo Credit: AP

    Crews are checking a water main leak on Main Street in East Hartford.Crews are checking a water main leak on Main Street in East Hartford.

    0 0

    The woman accused of killing her newborn son at the convent where she had been training to become a nun pleaded guilty to voluntary manslaughter Friday.

    Sosefina Amoa, is facing four to 10 years in prison, but could have served up to 30 years. The charge was reduced from first-degree murder under a plea agreement.

    She fought back tears in court Friday, reported News4's Pat Collins.

    Amoa, a native of Samoa, had arrived in the United States less than a week before the baby's death, to receive religious training at Little Sisters of the Poor, a convent and home for poor senior citizens in Northeast D.C.

    According to police documents, Amoa began experiencing contractions in her room at the convent on Oct. 10, 2013. She said the baby was born while she was leaning on her bed. The baby fell straight down, hitting the floor, the documents say.

    She initially told police that the baby was born not breathing. However, during a second interview with police six days later, Amoa told officers that she covered the newborn's face because she was scared the nuns would hear him crying.

    "She said that she placed a black wool garment over the child's nose and mouth and applied pressure with her hand for two to three minutes," the documents say.

    Authorities say she kept the baby in her room overnight, and in the morning, found a nun and told her she'd found the baby outside before later admitting the baby was hers.

    They took the baby to Providence Hospital in a black luggage bag.

    "It's a very tragic situation for everyone involved," said Sister Constance with Little Sisters of the Poor in a statement last fall. "We're praying for Sosefina and the baby. Because it's now a police investigation, there's nothing else we can say."

    While Amoa told police conflicting information at first, she eventually told them she had known she was pregnant. Amoa also admitted that she hadn't told the nuns at Little Sisters about her previous sexual encounters.

    An autopsy conducted on the baby determined that he was born at full-term gestation and weighed more than six pounds. The medical examiner said the baby had breathed and had bruises on his nose.

    Amoa will be sentenced May 23.

    0 0
  • 03/01/14--07:26: 12 Dogs Found Dead in Garage

  • Twelve dogs were found dead inside a Long Island garage after firefighters put out a fire there Friday afternoon, authorities say.

    Crews responded to a call at 101 Hillside Ave. in Freeport at about 2 p.m., according to the Freeport Fire Department. After putting out a blaze at the home's one-car detached garage, firefighters discovered the carcasses of the dogs.

    Two additional dogs had been found alive when firefighters first responded and were rescued, officials say.

    Orlando Howard said he lives in the home and was inside when he saw flames shooting through the roof of the garage. He said the owner of the dogs, a friend who lives with him in the house, ran from the basement into the garage to try to save the dogs.

    "I actually didn't even know he had so many, he's so private and personal," said Howard. "The dogs were kept in the garage."

    It's not clear if Howard and the dogs' owner were living there legally. Newsday reports that public records list Fernando Cruz as a co-owner of the home and when reached by telephone, Cruz said he now lives in Texas and that the house is supposed to be unoccupied.

    Investigators are looking into a cause of the fire. Over 100 firefighters responded to the scene, the fire department says. No one was injured.

    Neighbors say they had no idea there were dogs living there. Bernard Patrick said he never saw the animals and never heard any barking.

    "It's a tragedy," said Marc Johnson. "Those dogs could have had homes instead of losing their lives."

    Howard claimed he "wasn't quite sure" why his friend had so many dogs.

    "I believe he makes puppies and sells them, I'm not quite sure," he said. "I just know they're not fighting. He'd never have them fighting around the house."

    Two dogs (inset) were found alive when firefighters responded to a house garage fire in Freeport Friday. Investigators found the carcasses of 12 other dogs inside the garage.Two dogs (inset) were found alive when firefighters responded to a house garage fire in Freeport Friday. Investigators found the carcasses of 12 other dogs inside the garage.

    0 0

    Firefighters responded to Stanton Road in North Haven early this morning after a car caught fire and spread to the garage.

    The fire broke out at 82 Stanton Road around 8 a.m., firefighters said. Officials arrived to find heavy fire in the attached garage, which released smoke into the home.

    Firefighters were able to get the fire under control within a half hour.

    There was no significant damage to home itself and no one was injured.

    0 0

    Two brothers were shot and killed Friday night outside a northeast D.C. church filled with worshippers who were attending a children's service, police said.

    Police have identified the victims as Khalid Jamal Bryant, 34, and Jason Emmanuel Bryant, 26. The victims were brothers and lived in Northeast DC.

    The slayings are the 22nd and 23rd in the District this year -- a rate far greater than that in the first two months of last year.

    Gunshots were reported at about 7:45 p.m. in the 4900 block of Lee Street, a residential area of single-family homes. The first officers to respond found two victims on the ground.

    The scene was close to Antioch Baptist Church on 50th street in Northeast. Worshippers were briefly held inside the church before they were escorted out a back door.

    Police would not allow them to turn the corner onto Lee Street, in order to shield the children from the sight of one of the victims.

    On Thursday, two teenagers were killed in separate incidents in three hours in Southeast D.C.

    Seventeen-year-old Jonathon Adams was stabbed to death at 5:15 p.m. at an apartment building on Halley Terrace Southeast. Police made an arrest in his murder Friday.

    And at 8:30 p.m., 19-yr-old Tykia Dickerson was found shot to death, lying on a sidewalk in the 3600 block of Jay Street SE.

    Scene of a double murder on Lee Street in northeast D.C.Scene of a double murder on Lee Street in northeast D.C.

    0 0
  • 03/01/14--09:43: More Rain Expected for SoCal

  • A Pacific storm continued to bring rain to Southern California Saturday, with conditions so severe in one area that the National Weather Service issued a tornado warning early Saturday.

    "We are still looking at a very active weather day," NBC4 meteorologist Elita Loresca said. "I’d advise folks near the burn areas and just overall should remain vigilant and aware of flooding and mud in their areas. Don’t try to drive through these areas!"

    A tornado warning was in effect from 3:19 a.m. to 4 a.m. for East Central Los Angeles County near Azusa and Pomona after the National Weather Service noticed a severe thunderstorm in the area capable of producing a tornado. No damage was reported.

    A flash flood warning has been issued for the Madre, Colby, Madison and Williams burn areas of Los Angeles County until 8 a.m. Saturday. As of 6 a.m., the Doppler radar indicated very heavy rain moving into the burn areas, according to the NWS. Over one half inch per hour have been reported in nearby areas, which “will likely produce flash flooding and mud and debris flows in and around the burn areas.”

    'Expected rain totals today aren’t going to be as much as yesterday, but still enough to cause problems, especially with the threat of thunderstorms," Loresca said Saturday morning. "Coasts and valleys should expect one to two inches, foothills and mountains should expect two to four inches of rain."

    A Pacific storm Friday brought rain, thunder, and winds, wreaking havoc on Southern Californians who haven't seen anything like it in years.

    About 1 to 2 inches of rain fell in much of the Los Angeles basin by Friday morning, with about 3 to 5 inches dousing mountain areas.

    Snow levels were down to 5,500 feet by Saturday morning.

    High surf lashed the Southern California coast and mudslides slammed foothill communities.

    A high surf advisory is in effect until 5 p.m. Sunday.

    A flash flood watch is in effect until 8 p.m. Saturday for Los Angeles County mountains, foothill areas coastal areas and valleys, as well as for Catalina Island.

    A coastal flood advisory is in effect between 6 a.m. and noon Saturday and from 4 a.m. Saturday until 4 a.m. Monday for Orange County beaches.

    There's a chance of showers and thunderstorms all day Saturday and into the night with temperatures in the 50s..

    Sunday, it could be mostly cloudy with a chance of showers in the morning, then a slight chance of showers in the afternoon.

    Temperatures could reach around 60.

    A winter storm warning is in effect for big LA County mountains until 3 a.m. Sunday.

    A high wind warning is in effect until 6 a.m. Saturday in the Coachella Valley. Winds of 15 to 25 mph with gusts up to 45 mph are expected, with the strongest expected over higher terrain, according to the NWS.

    The strongest storm to hit Southern California in about three years soaked much of the area with heavy rain Friday.

    The storm sent waves of mud and debris cascading down recently burned mountainsides.

    The weather forced evacuations and prompted school closures.

    Photo Credit: Getty Images

    Workers clear ash, rocks and mud that have flowed onto a street below the Colby Fire burn area as a storm brings rain in the midst of record drought on February 28, 2014 in Glendora, California.Workers clear ash, rocks and mud that have flowed onto a street below the Colby Fire burn area as a storm brings rain in the midst of record drought on February 28, 2014 in Glendora, California.

    0 0

    Four people are facing charges in connection with a double murder in Hartford in October 2009.

    Angel Carrasquillo, Josue Burgos, Luis A. Quintero and Carrasquillo’s girlfriend, Nicole Rodrick, are facing charges following a years-long investigation into the murder of 23-year-old Luis Rodriguez, known as “Whiteboy,” and 32-year-old Leida Franqui, known as “Flaca.”

    Rodriguez and Franqui were shot and killed in the area of 44 Whitmore Street on Oct. 14, 2009, according to police.

    Authorities obtained arrest warrants Feb. 27 after more than four years of investigating.

    Carrasquillo, Hueso and Quintero were each charged with two counts of murder and one count of conspiracy to commit murder. Their bonds was set at $1 million each.

    Rodrick was charged with hindering prosecution. Her bond was set at $250,000.

    Quintero and Rodrick were taken into custody Feb. 28 by the Hartford Police Fugitive Task Force and Intelligence Division.

    Carrasquillo and Burgos are in prison for other crimes.

    Police said arrest warrants are sealed to protect witnesses.

    Arraignments will be held Monday.

    Photo Credit:

    0 0

    A Romeoville family is desperate for answers after a 29-year-old father died unexpectedly on a family cruise to the Caribbean last week.

    John Perricone was on a Carnival Cruise with his wife, his four young children and his sister when he became ill.

    “He was tired a lot and he was sleeping more than normal,” said his sister Katie Perricone.

    After a couple of days, Perricone was not getting better, so his wife Brittany took him to the boat’s infirmary. Then, things took a tragic turn.

    “John started convulsing real bad and he looks at Brittany with a kind of ‘I'm sorry’ look and went limp and he was dead,” said Perricone’s father-in-law Lee Forseth.

    The family said no other passengers on the cruise became ill and said his death remains a mystery more than a week later.

    “We’re still not sure what happened,” said Pastor Scott Knollenberg from the Community Christ Church, where the Perricone family has been longtime members.

    Family members say they are devastated by the loss.

    “He was there when I needed him and he was there when I didn’t want him to be,” said Katie Perricone.

    The Community Christian Church has started a fundraiser to help the family in the wake of the tragedy as Perricone was the sole provider for his wife and their four children, all under 7 years of age.

    Family members said Perricone canceled his life insurance policy at the end of 2013 to "make ends meet."

    "It was a very tough choice but at the age of 29 you think you can go for a year without it," Forseth wrote on the fundraising page.

    Carnival Cruise has been in contact with the family, Knollenberg said, and the family said they do not suspect any foul play.

    0 0

    A was arrested in West Hartfo Sunday after his 2-year-old child managed to drive his car into parked cars.

    Oscar Chicas left his child in his running vehicle alone in the parking lot at 140 Kane Street. According to police, the child then put the car into drive and slammed into two parked cars, causing minor damage.

    Chicas was found a few feet away working on a disabled vehicle with his brother at the time, police said.

    The child was not injured. Police said DCF was notified and the child was left with her uncle who was at the scene.

    Chicas is charged with risk of injury to a minor. He is being held on a $15,000 bond.

    Photo Credit: West Hartford Police

    0 0

    Filing for divorce can be a lengthy process, but a new program set to begin Saturday at the San Diego Superior Court is promising to help eligible ex-couples complete a simple divorce in only one day.

    The “One Day Divorce” pilot program officially goes live Mar. 1 at San Diego’s Downtown Family Court.

    According to the San Diego Superior Court, the program is available to litigants who do not have attorneys and represent themselves in court. They must also have no contested issues surrounding their divorce.

    Hence, a simple, clean break could warrant an equally simple, speedy resolution.

    Here’s how it works: After the initial filing and serving of the petition, eligible litigants sit down with a family law expert who will discuss the terms of the couple’s proposed divorce settlement agreement of the default judgment process. Then, the couple completes the forms necessary to finalize the divorce.

    If all of the necessary paperwork and disclosures are completed, the litigants can appear in court that very same day to receive their final judgment, and, if all goes well, they can leave the courtroom with the final divorce judgment in their hands.

    The San Diego program is modeled after the successful One Day Divorce program first created by Judge James Mize of the Sacramento Superior Court. With the help of a grant from the San Diego Bar Foundation, the court is now able to provide this option to the public and implement the program locally without a direct cost to the public, the San Diego Superior Court said.

    San Diego Superior Court Presiding Judge David J. Danielsen had this to say about the option:

    “In a time when budget cuts are forcing courts all over California to limit services to the public, judges from the San Diego Superior Court, court professionals, and the legal community are leading efforts to innovate improvements to the administration of justice in Family Law.”

    According to court officials, in California, 72 percent of family law litigants do not have lawyers. Still, simple divorces can be complicated for litigants representing themselves and because of this many cases languish in the court system for years.

    San Diego Superior Court Family Supervising Judge Maureen Hallahan said this new option could provide a solution for that.

    “One of the biggest complaints about family court is that the process is too complicated and takes too long to complete. The ‘One Day Divorce’ program was created to help solve these problems,” she said.

    To learn more about One Day Divorce and additional requirements, and obtain a screening form, visit this website.

    San Diego Superior Court Family Supervising Judge Maureen Hallahan said the new option could provide a solution for litigants representing themselves.San Diego Superior Court Family Supervising Judge Maureen Hallahan said the new option could provide a solution for litigants representing themselves.

    0 0

    A winter storm sitting over Southern California churned up waves so powerful they crashed through a restaurant’s dining window and sent ocean water rushing toward diners Saturday morning.

    Multiple patrons at Moby Dick Restaurant in Santa Barbara (map) captured the scary moments on camera, including Forrest Buchanan.

    He was having breakfast and could see the large storm surf breaking on the pier, Buchanan said in a YouTube caption.

    "The swell increased with every wave that passed. I recall telling people at the table in front of me, the pier will likely be closed soon due to the high surf," Buchanan said.

    A minute later, that high surf came barreling toward diners. Videos from inside the restaurant show the wave swell then crash into the dining room, blowing out a window.

    "The dining room was filled with the sound of glass shattering and people screaming as a wave of water rush over the dining room carpet," Buchanan wrote.

    He said everyone, patrons and staff alike, froze then quickly evacuated before any more ocean water lapped at the restaurant.

    "I then looked at the manager and asked, 'Do you mine (sic) I don't pay for my breakfast and move on?'" Buchanan wrote.

    Jill Freeland was also in the restaurant Saturday morning.

    Freeland said she and her family are avid surfers so they were excited to see the huge swells, but did not expect them to break the glass and send ocean water rushing toward them.

    "High tide and big swell can make for some salty eggs!!" she said in a caption attached to a YouTube video of the incident.

    Calls to Moby Dick for comment were not immediately returned Saturday afternoon.

    Remarkably, there were no reports of injuries, according to a spokesman with the Santa Barbara County Office of Emergency Management.

    Officials in Santa Barbara have closed the waterfront area, according to emergency manager Yolanda McGlinchey. Two boats have washed ashore and a pair of pilings was lost from Stearns Wharf as of early Saturday afternoon.

    NBC4's Pablo Kay and Marla Fain contributed to this report.

    A wave crashes into Moby Dick Restaurant in Santa Barbara, Calif., on Saturday, March 1, 2014.A wave crashes into Moby Dick Restaurant in Santa Barbara, Calif., on Saturday, March 1, 2014.

    0 0

    Five kids and five adults escaped with their lives Saturday night as they raced out of their New Haven home.

    Scorch marks climb the multi-family home on Hobart Street as the people who lived there stood by watching firefighters work.

    "I looked across the street and saw the flames blowing out of the windows over there," said neighbor Stephani Johnson. "It was scary. It was scary."

    New Haven Fire Chief Michael Grant says the firefight was labor intensive and even after it was under control, firefighters continued checking the building to make sure it wouldn't rekindle.

    "The fire gets inside walls, and it requires you to rip open walls, rip open ceilings to expose the fire," said Grant.

    Neighbors and relatives rushed to the scene to find out every person had made it out safely.

    "I'm just in shock. That's all. I'm just in shock," said Brianna Cloud.

    Cloud says she lives on the first floor where fire officials say it started.

    "The smoke detector went off," said Cloud. "It was a fire from cooking. It was a fire, but everybody's fine. Everybody's okay."

    Cloud says she and her two kids rushed out before the fire overwhelmed her home and made sure others got out too.

    "I went in, knocked on their door, and told them to come out because my apartment was on fire," said Cloud.

    The cause of the fire is still under investigation. While the fire chief says the home is not a total loss, it will be a while before anyone who lives there can head back inside.

    Photo Credit: NBC Connecticut

    0 0

    One person has died and two others are in the hospital for surgery following a rollover crash in Bridgeport late Saturday night.

    The crash happened around 11 p.m. Saturday at the intersection of Madison Avenue and Queen Street in Bridgeport. Police said the car hit a snow bank and rolled over.

    Of the three people inside, one was killed. A second occupant was taken to St. Vincent's Medical Center and the third was transported to Bridgeport Hospital. Police at the scene said both patients are in surgery.

    No other vehicles were involved. The cause of the crash is unknown.

    Police have not identified the victims.

    View Larger Map

    Photo Credit: Doing It Local

    One person has died and two are in surgery following a rollover crash in Bridgeport.One person has died and two are in surgery following a rollover crash in Bridgeport.

    0 0

    Emergency officials are responding to a fire at 755 Wethersfield Avenue in Hartford and the building has been evacuated, police said.

    Initial reports were that the fire started in a car parked under the apartment building, according to Hartford police.

    Residents have been evacuated while firefighters work to put out the blaze. It's not clear how many people have been displaced or how significant the damage may be.

    Check back for updates. 

    View Larger Map

    0 0

    Guilford police are warning residents about a rash of car burglaries targeting vehicles parked outside homes in the Sunrise neighborhood on Davis Drive, Horseshoe Road and Cornfield Lane.

    Police said more than 15 residents called to report car burglaries the morning of March 1.

    The first call came in early that morning from a resident of Davis Drive, who told police a car door had slammed in the driveway. Officers arrived to find the car’s interior lights turned on. Police said no one was around but it was clear the car had been entered and rummaged through.

    Money, wallets, passports and sunglasses were among the items stolen that morning, according to police. Authorities said all the cars targeted were unlocked and had been parked in neighborhood driveways.

    Police are advising residents to lock their cars and store valuables in a safe place.

    Anyone with information is asked to contact Guilford police at 203-453-8061 or submit an anonymous tip to 203-453-8240.

    Photo Credit: Shutterstock

    0 0

    A Brooklyn toddler is in critical condition after authorities say his mother nearly beat him to death with a bamboo stick.

    Police say 27-year-old Yayun Weng brought her 2-year-old son to a hospital Thursday, claiming he fell out of bed.

    When doctors saw the child's injuries they immediately called police. Investigators say the boy had bruises over 90 percent of his body.

    Weng was charged with assault, endangering the welfare of a child, menacing and criminal possession of a weapon. She was arraigned Saturday.

    Information on an attorney for Weng was not immediately available.


    0 0

    California Gov. Jerry Brown, who just announced he's running for a fourth term, said on NBC's "Meet the Press" Sunday that he is not sure that legalizing pot in his state is a good idea because it could affect the state and country negatively.

    Gov. Jerry Brown Announces Plans to Seek Re-Election

    When "Meet the Press" host David Gregory asked Brown whether it was time to legalize recreational marijuana in America's biggest state, Brown said that he would like Washington and Colorado -- the two states that have legalized recreational marijuana -- to "show us how it's going to work."

    "The problem with anything -- a certain amount is OK, but there is a tendency to go to extremes," Brown said. "And all of a sudden if there's advertising and legitimacy, how many people can get stoned and still have a great state or a great nation? The world's pretty dangerous, very competitive. I think we need to stay alert, if not 24 hours a day, more than some of the potheads might be able to put together."

    "As a TV guy I know I have a good sound bite when I hear one," Gregory responded, laughing.

    Brown said that California has medical marijuana, "which gets very close to what they have in Colorado and Washington."

    California legalized medical marijuana use in 1996.

    But pot advocates are confident recreational use will eventually be legal here, regardless of what the governor says.

    "I think he’s being the political animal he is… trying to slow things down… even though the ball is already rolling," Scott McGlashan of San Francisco said.

    Opponents argue that pot is a gateway drug to other more-dangerous street drugs. But pot advocates say that is not true and point out that marijuana is less dangerous and destructive than alcohol

    There are voter initiatives in the works in three other states aimed at legalizing the recreational use of pot, but for now, California is not one of them.

    A December 2013 Field Poll shows that 55 percent of California's favor marijuana legalization, compared to a 1969 Field Poll, when 75 percent of Californians wanted either strict enforcement of marijuana laws against its use or passing even tougher laws, while only 13 percent favored its legalization.

    Photo Credit: Meet the Press

    Governor Jerry Brown says he is unsure about marijuana legalization.Governor Jerry Brown says he is unsure about marijuana legalization.

    0 0
  • 03/03/14--05:06: Suspect Dressed as Barbie

  • Police are investigating an attempted sexual assault in San Diego involving a suspect dressed up as a Barbie doll.

    On Friday around 5 p.m., a woman walked into the women's restroom at a Big Lots store in Clairemont. 

    When she entered a stall, a man climbed under the door after her, grabbed her and tried to sexually assault her, police said. 

    Investigators confirmed the suspect was wearing a Barbie costume. 

    The victim fought back, managing to escape and run to a store employee. The suspect ran out soon after, only to be confronted by a security guard. 

    Police said the suspect threatened the guard with what appeared to be a screwdriver and ran out of the store. 

    The man suspected of the crime, 40-year-old Gregory Schwartz, was arrested Sunday around 3:40 p.m. near Clairemont Mesa Blvd. and Diane Ave. 

    If you have any information about the incident, police ask that you call 619-531-2210. 

    0 0
  • 03/02/14--23:32: A Road Trip to Save Ukraine

  • Viktor Kee is embarking on a road trip across America to save Ukraine.

    A circus artist and juggler touring with Cirque du Soleil, Kee is an American citizen who emigrated in the 1990s from Ukraine.

    As Cirque du Soleil's Amaluna show winds up in San Jose Saturday, Kee will embark on a two- week "Help Ukraine" cross-country trip to raise awareness about the situation in his former home.

    “Ukraine is experiencing a big turmoil at this very moment." Kee said. "It is the worst level of civil unrest since the fall of communism ... The people of Ukraine seek freedom. Freedom to choose, freedom from corruption, freedom to elect people to represent their government. While the politics surrounding the protests are important, it is the people and their families that interest me."

    Kee said he knows how lucky he is to live and work in America, where there is democracy and freedom. And he wants the same rights for his family and friends who still live in Ukraine.

    "I made my career here, and I’d love my people to have the same opportunity," Kee said. "And it’s just heartbreaking to see what is going to happen, and I can’t even comprehend, and I don’t even want to think what could happen. I don’t want to go there."

    Kee told NBC Bay Area that it was heartbreaking to watch the events back home.

    “My mum is in Russia, my brother is in Ukraine – everything is tied together among the two countries," he said. “It’s a very bad situation right now."

    Kee hopes that his tour will help raise money to help the families of the victims and the children who lost their parents during this time of unrest.

    His promise: "All proceeds will personally be sent to the families in need."

    "I am not a company or big organization, I’m just an artist that wants to take a step forward by raising awareness for the people of Ukraine," Kee says on his website.

    Kee's first stop will be San Francisco on March 2, followed by Los Angeles on March 4.

    He plans to make stops in Las Vegas, Phoenix, Austin (he's going to be at SXSW), Houston, New Orleans, Atlanta, Washington DC and New York.

    His two companions for the road trip? His 2003 Porsche 911 4S decked out in the colors of the Ukrainian flag and a friend who works at a TV station in Kiev.

    Kee described his car as a “symbol" of his project.

    Kee hopes to collect signatures of the people he meets on his road trip on an Ukrainian flag and then present it at the main square in Kiev.

    For more information on Viktor Kee's Help Ukraine Project, click here.

    NBC Bay Area's Shawn Murphy contributed to this report.

    Photo Credit: Help Ukraine Project

    Viktor Kee, left, stands with a friend next to his car. Kee is embarking on a road trip across the U.S. to raise funds for the crisis in Ukraine.Viktor Kee, left, stands with a friend next to his car. Kee is embarking on a road trip across the U.S. to raise funds for the crisis in Ukraine.

older | 1 | .... | 362 | 363 | (Page 364) | 365 | 366 | .... | 2520 | newer