Channel: NBC Connecticut
Viewing all 57608 articles
Browse latest View live

Police Find Car Taken in New Haven Police Home Invasion


Police continue to search for two intruders who committed a home invasion on Huntington Street in New Haven on Monday afternoon and held two women captive. Investigators have recovered a vehicle that was stolen and will process it for evidence.

Two female residents, ages 71 and 58, were returning home to the multi-family resicent around 4 p.m. on Monday and were carrying groceries through the back door when two men confronted them, according to a news release from New Haven Police.

One intruder had a gun.

The men forced the women inside, tied them up and left in a victim's car, police said. Neither woman was injured.

The intruders stole a white 2003 Pontiac Aztek with Connecticut license plate 977-XGC from the victims. Police said on Thhursday that they have found the car.

Just after midnight, police responded to a parking complaint in the area of Frederick and Fowler streets and found the stolen car, police said.

The car has been moved to the police garage for a search of forensic evidence.

One intruder is described as 5-feet-8 to 6-feet tall and looked like he is in hie early 20s. He was wearing black clothing and a flat-brimmed baseball hat that was too big for his head.

The second man was also in his 20s and wearing all black, police said. He was described as 5-feet-6 to 5-feet-7, with short hair.

If you have any information, call New Haven police at 203-946-6316 or 203-946-6304 and ask to speak to a detective.

Photo Credit: New Haven Police

Hundreds of Dead Fish Found in Bristol Pond


Hundreds of dead fish were discovered in a pond in Bristol Thursday.

Bristol Parks officials and the state Department of Energy and Environmental Protection responded to Page Park after someone called to report the dead sun fish floating on the surface of the pond.

Experts from DEEP classified the occurrence as a natural kill.

"The sun fish right now are spawning.  When they go into spawning, they are in close proximity to each other," said Don Mysling, Senior DEEP Fisheries Biologist.

During spawning, the fish don't eat and become weak.  They can get small cuts and are susceptible to illness.

"Virus or bacteria can spread quite rapidly from one individual to another," Mysling said.  "So it's not an unusual occurrence."

Bristol work crews gathered some of the dead fish to keep the area looking clean.  Scavengers like raccoons or turtles will take care of the rest of the carcasses, experts said.

Photo Credit: NBCConnecticut.com

Inmate Escapes from Halfway House


State police are searching for an inmate who escaped from a halfway house in Brooklyn on Wednesday evening.

Police said Tyquan Turner, 21, was sentenced to four years in prison on March 30, 2011 for having weapons in a motor vehicle.

He had been staying at Brooklyn Bridge Halfway House, at 76 Hartford Road, a community residency program, and escaped around 7 p.m. on Wednesday.

Turner, who was not authorized to leave the premises was seen during a head count at 6:40 p.m. He was reported missing when he did not show up for a mandatory meeting and could not be immediately located.

Photo Credit: State Police

WATCH: Sentencing Phase in Jodi Arias Trial

In this image made from pool video provided by APTN, Jodi Arias reacts during the reading of the verdict at Maricopa County Superior Court in Phoenix, Wednesday, May 8, 2013. Arias was convicted of first-degree murder in the gruesome killing of her one-time boyfriend in Arizona after a four-month trial that captured headlines with lurid tales of sex, lies, religion and a salacious relationship that ended in a blood bath. (AP Photo/APTN, Pool)

July Trial for USAF Lt. Col. Accused of Sex Assault


An Arlington County, Va., District Court judge set a July 18 trial date for a lieutenant colonel who ran the U.S. Air Force Sexual Assault Prevention and Response Office and was charged with sexual battery over the weekend.

Lt. Col. Jeffrey Krusinski, 41, maintained a stoic facial expression throughout his arraignment Thursday afternoon. He spoke only to answer that he does understand the charge against him.

Sheryl Shane, Krusinski's lawyer, pushed for a September trial date because the media attention focused on the case, but Judge Richard J. McCue rejected that argument and denied the request, News4's Mark Segraves reported.

Shane told the judge the case is not as cut-and-dry as prosecutors would have people believe. She also said the case will last longer than one day because of the number of witnesses she plans to call and she asked for time to hire a private investigator.

Police allowed Krusinski to leave the courthouse through a private exit to avoid the media, but he went back in the courthouse and told police he wanted to walk past the cameras again, Segraves reported. Mobbed by reporters, Krusinski remained silent.

Krusinski approached a woman in a parking lot in the Crystal City area and grabbed her breasts and buttocks about 12:30 a.m. Sunday, police said. He was drunk, according to the police report.

The victim fought him off — leaving scratches on his face — and called police. 

Krusinski was from his post, which he'd held since February, pending the outcome of an investigation. An Air Force spokesperson told Segraves Krusinski remains on active duty and has been moved to a new position within the same organization.

The misdemeanor charge carries a maximum penalty of 12 months in prison and a $2,500 fine.

Depending on the outcome of the trial, Krusinski could face military discipline, including court martial. That decision is up to the secretary of the Air Force and won't come until after the civilian trial.

Photo Credit: Art Lien

More Than 78,000 Apply for a One-Way Trip to Mars


Ever wanted to leave planet Earth behind for a one-way ticket to Mars? Here is your chance to apply for a mission that claims to make it possible.

More than 78,000 people have signed up for Mars One, a Dutch company’s project that aims to put four people on the Red Planet every two years, starting in April 2023.

Among those who applied to leave Earth behind forever are a self-described spacecraft engineer from MIT and an award-winning author of science fiction.

“Going to Mars would make me feel like I am a true 'Star Trek' officer,” said Michael Archavian, one of the many applicants. Archavian describes himself on his social media accounts as a former home health aide.

He said that if selected he would "do a lot of exploring, see the sites, stay up at night to see the dual moons.”

The project aims to be funded by a media event fashioned after a reality show and even “Big Brother” co-creator Paul Rome is on board. If it all sounds to good to be true, the company is also being backed by Nobel Prize-winning physicist Gerard’t Hooft.

"My first impression was that this is an extraordinary project by people with vision, imagination," Hooft said in a Mars One promotional video. "But my first reaction was I think like anyone who would be confronted by such an idea: this will never work."

Colonists would stay on the red planet for the rest of their lives, eliminating the challenge of returning them to Earth.

The Mars One project has already garnered applicants from over 120 countries -- all within two weeks of its 19-week application period. Most applicants are from the U.S. (17,324), followed by China (10,241) and the U.K. (3,581). Russia, Mexico, Brazil, Canada, Colombia, Argentina and India also boasted a high number of applicants.

“This is turning out to be the most desired job in history,” said Bas Lansdorp, Mars One co-founder and CEO in a press statement. “These numbers put us right on track for our goal of half a million applicants.”

The application process forces would-be Mars pioneers to reflect on their life's purpose on Earth. They are required to explain their motivation to go to Mars in a one-minute video, some of which have been posted on YouTube. The application process extends until August 31 and charges a fee from $5 to $75, depending on the country.

For Andrew Rader, who said he has a PhD in long duration human spaceflight from MIT, going to Mars is “the next great leap for humanity.”

“In the history of exploration, people have gone through a lot worse for a lot less,” Rader wrote in an e-mail. “I don't see a one-way mission to Mars as being fundamentally different from leaving England in 1790 to travel to Australia for six months on a rickety old sailing ship, facing dangers of storms, pirates, and shipwrecks, never to return or see your family again - and at least in this case, the food and communication with family will be better.”

American scientist and award-winning science fiction author David Brin explained that the mission’s purpose is to “promote thought, discussion and flat-out fun.” An applicant himself, Brin said he would “fight like hell to survive” and gather scientific data to help the next generation of colonists.

“And I'd write, using words to capture as much of the experience -- the Martian desolation in all of its stark beauty and promise - as possible,” he added.

While the idea of migrating to a whole new planet might scare some people, Francisco Jauregui from Mexico believes that Mars One is a mission he is “willing to die for.”

“My curiosity is way bigger than my fears,” said the 32-year-old, who currently works for a plastic containers factory. “Exploration is in human nature.”

Ashley Owl, a 21-year-old Cuban-American in Miami who volunteers at a hospital there, admitted that watching too many science fiction movies and TV shows had “desensitized” her to fear. “It just makes me to want to explore even more,” she said.

The announcement of the Mars One application flood came during an important week for Mars exploration enthusiasts. NASA officials, and various scientists and engineers met for the Humans 2 Mars summit in Washington, D.C. on Wednesday. And famed Apollo 11 moonwalker Buzz Aldrin this week released his book “Mission to Mars: My Vision for Space Exploration,” which was co-authored with veteran space reporter Leonard David. 

Photo Credit: Mars One/YouTube

Man Hit Cop With Funeral Urn: Police


Police who responded to a 911 call for an out of control teen at 313 Dover St. in Bridgeport on Friday ended up as victims, according to police, and the teen is being held in jail.

Collin Moore, 19, is accused of attacking two police officers at his home, hitting one in the head with a marble funeral urn over and over again until he fell down the stairs, police said.  Then, Moore’s dog bit the other officer.

When officers arrived at Moore’s house on Friday, they went upstairs and encountered Moore, who emerged from a bedroom naked, and struck one officer repeatedly with a marble urn, police said.

The second officer suffered puncture wounds to his leg after he was bitten by a dog.

Moore was taken to Bridgeport Hospital for evaluation.

As he was being discharged, the officer who was guarding him had to remove his shackles so he could dress. When she did, Moore suddenly attacked her, police said.

Moore and the officer wrestled to the ground, where Moore tugged repeatedly at the officer’s service weapon, police said.

 The officer rolled over onto her right side to prevent Moore from grabbing her gun and defended herself, striking Moore several times in the face, police said.

During the struggle, Moore bit the officers in the face and called out that he “got the gun.”

When the officer yelled that Moore did not have a gun, security went into the room and got Moore under control, police said. The officer was treated for her injuries.

Moore faces a range of charges, including three counts of assault on a police officer. He remained jailed Thursday on $180,000 bond.

Photo Credit: Bridgeport Police

Gold Medalist Sailor Dies, America's Cup Boat Capsizes


An Olympic sailor from the Swedish Artemis Racing team died Thursday when an America's Cup sailboat capsized during a training run in the San Francisco Bay. Another sailor was reported injured.

America's Cup officials identified the deceased sailor as British-born Andrew "Bart" Simpson, someone the team is "immensely" sad about losing. The 36-year-old Olympic gold medalist was the team's strategist. He had won gold in China in 2008 and silver in 2012.

He joined the team, which docks in Alameda, in February, providing his crew with weather and tactics support, according to the America's Cup website.

Crews performed CPR on Simpson for about 20 minutes, after the 1 p.m. accident just north of Treasure Island, according to San Francisco Fire Chief Joanne Hayes-White. But just after 2 p.m., fire paramedics stopped life-saving efforts. He had been in the water for about 10 minutes, probably trapped under the AC 72 vessel, Hayes-White said.

“It is with immense sadness that Artemis Racing confirms the tragic death of crew member Andrew 'Bart' Simpson today in San Francisco,” said an official America's Cup statement. “Simpson, however, was trapped underneath the boat and despite attempts to revive him, by doctors afloat and subsequently ashore, his life was lost."

"Andrew was an immensely popular and respected member of the sailing community, and his two Olympic medals were testament to his talent," the statement read. "His easy-going personality made him loved by many; always friendly, always smiling and always supportive of others."

“The entire Artemis Racing team is devastated by what happened,” said CEO Paul Cayard, himself a seven-time world sailing champion, a six-time America's Cup veteran and two-time Olympian. “Our heartfelt condolences are with Andrew's wife and family.”

Eleven other sailors were aboard the 72-foot long craft, and the other 10 were taken to a support boat operated by Oracle Racing, which is defending the America's Cup title from 2010 in San Francisco this summer. One of those 10 sailors was injured, but his condition was not considered life-threatening. Artemis Racing is the "challenger of record" for the 24th America's Cup.

Sailing fans gathered in Alameda where Team Artemis docks on Thursday evening bringing flowers and well wishes for Simpson, a husband and father. Friends remembered him as a fine sailor and a man with a sunny disposition.

The death prompted sailor Stan Hammond to wonder if racing the massive yachts is too dangerous.

"I'm scared," he said. " You don't want to see anybody else die. You don't want to see a train wreck or NASCAR on the water but this is the edge of the edge."

This it is the third America's Cup training accident — though the first fatal one — in the last two years. 

It's unknown why the boat capsized. Winds at the time show the average gusts to have been between 25 mph and 35 mph, waves between four to six feet high, and water temperatures about 55 degrees -- nothing out of the ordinary.

Sailing in the San Francisco Bay is both exhilerating and dangerous — mostly because of the winds.

"It has ideal winds," said Rich Jepsen, of OCSC Sailing in Berkeley. "But at that speed, there is no room for error." Seventy-two-foot catamarans like the Artemis can travel between 40 to 50 mph.

Back in October, a nearly $8-million, 72-foot catamaran used by Oracle Team USA capsized near the Golden Gate Bridge. No one was injured when that happened. But there was at least $2 million in damage to the wing of the AC 72 boat, a massive vessel with a 13,000-pound hull and a 131-foot mast.

To see some video of the Team Oracle boat capsizing in October 2012, click here:


There was another accident in June 2011, with the same Oracle team.

Artemis has had technical problems, as well. Last fall, Artemis said the front beam of its AC72 catamaran was damaged during structural tests, delaying the boat's christening. A year ago, Artemis' AC72 wing sail sustained serious damage while it was being tested on a modified trimaran in Valencia, Spain.

The America's Cup race is scheduled to run from July through September, and the teams are training on the bay in specially made 72-foot catamarans.

Photos and updates were also available on the  America's Cup website.To see the members of the Artemis Racing team, click here.

View more videos at: http://nbcbayarea.com.

NBC Bay Area's Kyle Bonagura, Tim Bollinger, Gonzalo Rojas, Jean Elle and Jeff Ranieri contributed to this report, as well as the Associated Press.

Photo Credit: NBC Bay Area

Prince Harry Tours U.S.


Prince Harry has had his controversies through the years, but he returns to America for a week-long trip this May to promote support British interests and support his own charities.

Photo Credit: Getty Images

Man Sentenced to 100 Years in Murder of Hartford Teen


A Hartford man was sentenced to 100 years in prison Thursday for the shooting death of a 15-year-old.

Paul Davis is one of two suspects in the shooting death of Kerry Foster on May 28, 2006.

Foster and a 14-year-old friend were standing on Clark Street when a car pulled up alongside them and shots were fired.  Foster was killed.  The 14-year-old was wounded, but survived. 

An investigation by the Hartford Major Crimes Unit and the Cold Case Unit in the Office of the Chief State's Attorney led to the arrest of Davis in 2009.

Davis, who was 21 years old at the time of the shooting, was convicted in March of accessory to murder, conspiracy to commit murder and criminal attempt to commit murder.

Charges against the second suspect in the shooting, Ackeem Riley, are still pending.

Photo Credit: Hartford Police

WATCH: Obama Speaks on Technology, Jobs in Texas

FILE - In this Friday, May 3, 2013, file photo president Barack Obama responds to a question about the ongoing situation in Syria during a news conference in San Jose, Costa Rica. Obama said Friday that he didn't foresee a scenario in which the U.S. would send troops to Syria. Just hours before his news conference Israel launched an airstrike into Syria, apparently targeting a suspected weapons site, U.S. officials said Friday night. (AP Photo/Pablo Martinez Monsivais, File)

60 Dead Horses Found on Wisconsin Farm: Police


Fifty-five dead horses have been found buried on a Wisconsin farm, just weeks after the farm's owners were arrested and charged with animal abuse.

Authorities first searched the Pleasant Prairie farm on April 9 after police received an anonymous tip and discovered five dead horses in barn stalls as well as partially buried horse remains.

Starvation was a contributing factor in their deaths, police said.

Paula and David White, the owners of the farm located on the 1800 block of 128th Avenue, were arrested and charged with animal mistreatment and neglect.

Authorities returned to the farm three weeks later with the American Society for the Prevention of Cruelty to Animals and another search warrant. During a three-day search, they found the carcasses of 55 horses, 12 goats and two cows in two separate gravesites. The house on the property was deemed uninhabitable.

Kenosha County police said this could be the worst case of horse abuse on record in the county.

Since the discovery, numerous live horses have been removed from the farm and are being sheltered with local rescue groups. Various types of live fowl, sheep, goats and a bull also were removed.

Police told the Associated Press they are urging neighbors to test their drinking water because they are concerned the carcasses were buried close enough to a stream to potentially contaminate drinking water.

Police are continuing their investigation and ask anyone with information about the situation to call the Pleasant Prairie Police Department at 262-694-7353 or Kenosha Area Crime Stoppers at 262-656-7333. 

Photo Credit: NBCChicago.com

New Haven Graffiti Artist Remains a Mystery


When Luke Hanscom came to his photography studio on State Street in New Haven last week, he barely noticed what was going on outside.

“There was some plywood structure and some tarps that had gone up on the side.  Just kind of looked like normal construction,” said Hanscom.

It was a week later when he finally saw what was there.

“The tarps were gone, everything was gone and there was this big mural baby,” he said.

And with it was a note left under the door, which was signed by the artist Believe in People or BiP as he's known in New Haven.  He's been creating graffiti masterpieces for a while now, catching the attention of people in New Haven, including Adam Wallace who got in touch with BiP to create this piece of art at West Haven Lumber.

“It's started a whole lot of conversation that we don't typically have around a lumber yard,” said Wallace, who is the Assistant Vice President of West Haven Lumber.

But while his pieces may be recognizable, the artist himself is not.  He wants to keep it that way.

“It didn't happen while we were open any days of the week,” said Wallace, who never saw BiP in action.  His identity remains a mystery.

“The secrecy for the nature of his work is not necessarily on a property where there's been preapproval from a property owner, so there's a need for him to remain in secret,” said Wallace.

“With most types of street art, there's kind of that mystery about it.  I feel like the artists never know if people are going to like it or not like it, so that's kind of the best way to go about it,” said Hanscom.


Another Meteorite Lands in a Connecticut "W" Town


A meteorite has hit another house in Connecticut just 19 days after one landed on a home in Wolcott, less than a mile away.

In fact, all but one of the six reported meteorite falls in Connecticut over the past 200 years have landed in towns beginning with the letter "W," according to the Yale Peabody Museum of Natural History.

Two of the six landed in Wethersfield, separated by 11 years, and struck houses only a mile-and-a-half apart.

The most recent meteorite was found in Waterbury and scientists say it is likely that these incidents are connected.

Jay Langlois, of Red Maple Lane in Waterbury, didn't hear or see the rock fall from the sky, but noticed his broken gutter behind his house spewing water.

"The other day, because of the rain, I saw all this water coming out of my gutter," he said.

He didn't know it at the time, but a meteorite had crashed down and landed on his lawn.

The rock, about the same shape and size of an avocado, was still intact. It weighs 1.6 pounds and measures 2 inches by 2.5 inches by 4 inches.

Langlois said he's still in shock.

"That's just crazy. It's just unbelievable," Langlois said.

At first he thought his kids had thrown a firecracker at his gutter, but later his wife found the rock on the lawn.

Langlois contacted the same Yale University expert who confirmed the meteorite that crashed through a house in Wolcott on April 19.

Dr. Stefan Nicolescu, the collections manager for the Mineralogy Division at the Yale Peabody Museum, confirmed a meteorite landed on Langlois' home.

According to Nicolescu, the Waterbury meteorite is likely related to the one in Wolcott. He hopes to run additional tests of the two.

"What makes it really intriguing is the fact that this one hit the house as well," said Nicolescu.

The first recorded meteorite in the New World fell in Weston, Conn. in 1807, according to the Peabody Museum Web site.

Two meteorites also fell in Wethersfield, hitting two houses a mile and a half apart over an 11-year span.

  1. 1807: Weston
  2. 1971: Wethersfield
  3. In 1974, one fell in a street in Stratford.
  4. 1982: Wethersfield
  5. April 19, 2013: Wolcott
  6. May 8. 2013: Waterbury



Glastonbury Residents Oppose Firing Range in Town


Thousands in Glastonbury are fighting to keep a shooting range out of their quiet town. State Police want to put one in the Meshomasic State Forest and neighbors called it a dangerous idea. A public meeting was on the matter Thursday night.

People who live in the southern section of Glastonbury near Thompson Street and Toll Gate Road, were outraged over the idea.

“What are they thinking? What are they thinking?” questioned Beverly Scavetta.  State Police had inquired about building a state of the art training facility and firing range on 30 acres of that state forest near their homes. Two smaller gun ranges already exist here.

Neighbors said even more sounds of gunshots would be too much. “This is going to be noise pollution for us,” Scavetta added.
They were also worried about stray bullets. “It increases the odds of an accident happening,” Melissa Pericolosi explained. 

During the last few weeks, nearly 2000 people signed a petition against the proposal. On Thursday night hundreds showed up at an informational meeting to fight it. State Police presented their idea, and tried to calm their fears. “We are always cautious, we have never had a civilian accident at our existing range,” explained Lt. Paul Vance with State Police.
He said their current firing range was in flood zone in Simsbury.  Pictures of the facility showed extensive damage there after Tropical Storm Irene. The state had spent thousands on repairs, that haven’t worked. “You can’t throw money at it anymore it's inappropriate it's a waste of money,” Lt. Vance added.
State Police said a new location was critical, but many in Glastonbury argued this town was the wrong place. “Want to protest this, I want to ask why would you pick a residential area?” Beverly Scavetta added.
State Police want to emphasize this was only an idea, there was no concrete plan, and nothing had been approved.  They also told NBC Connecticut, it was likely the Troopers would not use the gun range daily, instead they would heavily utilize new classrooms that could be built on the land.

Christian Metal Singer "Wanted Her Gone": DA


A shocking allegation was made Thursday as the frontman of a Grammy-nominated Christian metal band faced a judge in an alleged murder-for-hire plot.

Not only did the prosecutor charge San Diego-based musician Tim Lambesis with trying to arrange the murder of his estranged wife, she also claimed the man known by fans around the world for his faith recently said he no longer believes in God.

NBC 7: Local Musician Arrested in Murder-for-Hire Plot

Local musician Tim Lambesis appeared tired and expressionless in the Vista courtroom Thursday. 

Lambesis, in custody since his arrest Tuesday, was ordered to be held on $3 million bail after a quick arraignment in a Vista courtroom. 

The frontman for the Christian metal group As I Lay Dying, entered a not guilty plea to one charge of solicitation of murder.  

Lambesis, an alum of Santa Fe Christian High School,  was just about to join a summer tour with the band when he was arrested in Oceanside by San Diego County sheriff's deputies.

Prosecutors claim Lambesis approached someone from his gym on April 23 and allegedly asked if the person knew anyone who could kill his wife. The metal rocker was motivated because he felt it would be better for the children to have a healthy relationship with one parent prosecutors allege.

Then on May 7, he met with an undercover agent named “Red.”

Lambesis allegedly told the agent that he wanted his wife "gone" and to "never see her again" prosecutors said. Watch video

When asked if he wanted her dead, the defendant replied, “Yes, that is exactly what I want,” Deputy District Attorney Claudia Grasso said in court.

Prosecutors claim Lambesis provided the undercover agent with an envelope containing $1,000 cash for expenses, his wife’s address and gate codes,  pictures of her and specific dates when he would have the children and thus, an alibi.

“He has provided the means, the money, the pictures, the address, the gate codes, the times,” Grasso said.

His estranged wife, Meggan Lambesis, lives in Del Mar with the couple's three children ages 4, 8 and 10.  She had filed for divorce in September to end the couple's 8-year marriage according to court documents. 

Grasso said Meggan Lambesis is in seclusion and terrified there may be other hits still outstanding.

In the divorce records obtained by the Associated Press, Meggan Lambesis claims the rocker had become "obsessed with bodybuilding" and was distracted with the children, even falling asleep once while watching them.

She also claimed he has spent thousands of dollars on tattoos.

In an email sent in August, Lambesis told his wife he had been having an affair and no longer loved her the prosecutor said in court.

“He also told her he no longer believes in God,” Grasso said.

The divorce and custody issues are still pending.

Members of the band, family members, friends and a number of supporters filled the gallery in court. Among them were Lambesis' high school basketball coach and religion teacher his defense attorney said.

In arguing for reasonable bail, high-profile criminal attorney Anthony Salerno told the judge Lambesis has no criminal history whatsoever.

“Even assuming the allegations are true, the dangers are very particular to one person and not to the community at large,” Salerno added requesting a bail of $250,000.

Images: Tim Lambesis Appears in Court

Judge Martin Staven ordered GPS monitoring for the defendant and that he stay away from his wife and children.

The musician must surrender his passport and remain in San Diego County except for meetings with his legal team in Los Angeles.

If convicted, Lambesis faces a maximum sentence of 9 years behind bars.

Fans around the world discussed the arrest on social media displaying shock and sadness. The band reached out to their fans, releasing an official statement Wednesday night:

"As we post this, the legal process is taking its course and we have no more information than you do. There are many unanswered questions."

Motorcyclist Injured in New Britain Crash


A motorcyclist has been injured in a crash on Route 9 South on Friday morning.

The crash happened near the Route 72 split in New Britain.

No additional information is available.

Photo Credit: Getty Images

Robbers Strike at Middletown CVS


A man with a knife robbed a 24-hour CVS on Main Street Extension in Middletown around 4 a.m. on Friday.

Police said the robber fled from the store at 308 Main Street Extension with an undisclosed amount of money.

No one was injured during the robbery.

Photo Credit: NBCConnecticut.com

Prince Harry Comes to Washington

WASHINGTON, DC - MAY 09: HRH Prince Harry (L), stands with first lady Michelle Obama during an event to honor military families at the White House on May 9, 2013 in Washington, DC. Prince Harry will be undertaking engagements on behalf of charities with which the Prince is closely associated on behalf also of HM Government, with a central theme of supporting injured service personnel from the UK and US forces. (Photo by Mark Wilson/Getty Images)

WATCH: Prince Harry Visits Arlington National Cemetery


England’s Prince Harry is spending most of his week in the U.S. meeting wounded warriors and honoring military families. On Friday he was scheduled to pay a visit to the Arlington National Cemetery in Virginia. This livestream has concluded. Visit NBCNews.com for more coverage.


Photo Credit: AP
Viewing all 57608 articles
Browse latest View live

Latest Images