Channel: NBC Connecticut
Viewing all 57608 articles
Browse latest View live

Bob's Stores Locations in Connecticut Shutting Down


Bob's Stores is shutting down 10 of its Connecticut locations and one CT Eastern Mountain Sports (EMS) store.

Locations include:


  • Middletown
  • Enfield
  • Milford
  • Danbury
  • Simsbury
  • Manchester
  • Hamden
  • Waterford
  • Fairfield - 889 Post Road
  • Fairfield - 1939 Blackrock Tpk.


In January, it was reported that the future of the chain did not look bright due to money troubles.

Last year, Versa Capital LLC purchased Bob's and EMS from Vestis Retail Group after the entity had filed for Chapter 11 bankruptcy.

Versa Capital closed down all Sports Chalet stores, as were 16 EMS stores.

Despite Versa Capital naming a new CEO for Bob's Stores months after Vestis filed for bankruptcy, the company couldn't come back without cutting some stores.

Photo Credit: NBCConnecticut.com

Police Dispatcher Charged with Possession of Child Porn


Connecticut State Police have arrested a Somers man who works as a police dispatcher in Enfield on child pornography charges.

Dean Bauer, 63, of Somers, faces charges of possession of child pornography following a months-long Connecticut State Police investigation.

According to the arrest warrant application, the investigation began on July 26, 2016, when police received a complaint from a female victim that her face had been photoshopped onto a naked woman’s body and posted on Instagram. Other victims came forward claiming the same. All of the victims said they had not given permission for the images.

Investigators said they traced the images back to Bauer using the IP address from the Instagram account. Police also uncovered sexually explicit emails written from Bauer's email address. The arrest warrant was redacted so the full context of the emails was not made public, but the warrant does state that the emails described sexual encounters and a possible sexual assault.

When police spoke to Bauer, admitted to writing the sexual emails but said that the content was fictitious. He also admitted to looking at several pornography but denied ever looking at child pornography. 

When police searched Bauer’s computers and cell phone as part of the investigation, they found evidence of deleted videos and images that appeared to be child pornography.

Bauer has been working as a police dispatcher in Enfield since 1978, according to Enfield Police Chief Carl Sferrazza, and has never been the subject of a discipline matter.

Enfield Human Resources Director Steve Belinda confirmed to NBC Connecticut that Bauer was placed on administrative leave with pay as of Friday. That same day Bauer gave written notice for his retirement, which be will be effective April 21.

Bauer was arrested on Thursday and his bond was set at $50,000. He is out on bond and due in court on April 24.

Photo Credit: Connecticut State Police

2 Dead, 2 Critically Injured in Calif. School Shooting


Two adults, including a teacher, were dead and two students were critically injured in a shooting Monday morning inside an elementary school classroom in San Bernardino, California.

The teacher was identified by law enforcement officials as Karen Smith Monday afternoon. 

The suspected shooter was later identified as Cedric Charles Anderson, a resident of the City of Riverside, multiple law enforcement agencies confirmed to NBC4.

Police do not believe the children were targeted but were close to Smith at North Park School when the suspect came to the classroom to visit and then opened fire with a handgun, police Capt. Ron Maass said at a news conference. The shooting appeared to be a murder-suicide, police said.

Monica Garcia, of the San Bernardino Unified School District, said the shooting appeared to stem from a domestic violence dispute involving the shooter and Smith, both of whom were found dead in the classroom.

"We believe the teacher knew who the shooter was," Garcia said.

The two students, who have not been identified, were airlifted to hospitals in critical condition. Details about the shooter, including his relationship to the teacher, were not immediately clear. 

"Our hearts are broken," said San Bernardino School District Superintendent Dr. Dale Marsden. "This is truly tragic."

Police first received a report of shots fired at the school at 10:27 a.m., followed by a report of an active shooter at the campus. It was not immediately clear whether the campus has metal detectors or other equipment designed to prevent weapons from being carried into the school.

"There was no indication the gun was visible upon his arrival at the school," police Capt. Ron Maass said at a news conference.

The school of about 600 kindergarten-through-sixth-grade students was placed on lockdown as law enforcement and first responders swarmed the campus. Aerial video showed lines of students walking across campus recreation fields and basketball courts as authorities evacuated the school.

Parents gathered outside the elementary school, waiting to pick up their children and get updates on the shooting. 

"Hold each other, that's all we can do," said a parent who spoke to NBC4. "I'm probably going to cry like a baby. I don't care, I just want to hug my child."

Another man said his daughter left her phone at home, leaving him unable to reach her for updates. He said he was relieved to learn his daughter was safe.

Police asked parents to pick up students at Cajon High School and urged them to bring valid IDs. 

The San Bernardino City Unified School District's website has a list of resources to help parents and children manage their distress in the aftermath of a shooting.  

The school is about 10 miles from the Inland Regional Center, where 14 people were killed and 22 wounded in a December 2015 terror attack carried out by a husband and wife.

This is a developing story. Refresh this page for updates.

Photo Credit: AP

Major Repairs to Gold Star Memorial Bridge Starting Next Week


Construction on the Gold Star Memorial Bridge – that connects Groton to New London over the Thames River – is starting next week.

The construction is expected to continue for the next five years.

Starting next week, the Connecticut Department of Transportation (CTDOT) said structural steel repairs, concrete deck patching and re-paving will begin on the southbound side of the bridge.

Drivers can expect long-term lane closures and lane shifts through November 2018. The $26 million construction project is starting just in time for the summer tourism season.

"Traffic is just horrendous in the summertime and there's a lot of accidents too in this area,” said Tammy Sisco of Gales Ferry, who drives the bridge often.

"Big jam traffic because people go to work every morning and they have to be there at a certain time,” said Mary Ayala of Norwich.

Possibly starting in spring 2018, the northbound side will see work begin. It’s estimated to cost $250 million dollars, according to CTDOT. Work should begin underneath the bridge. So, traffic will not be impacted initially.

The CTDOT said construction will include replacing the entire bridge deck and strengthening and upgrading the steel.

The northbound side of the bridge was built about 30 years earlier than its southbound counterpart. Updates will bring the structural steel up to current standards to accommodate the cars and trucks on the road.

CTDOT said this type of work is expected to preserve the bridge for years to come.

"I remember they were doing construction in New Haven on that bridge and it just was a dreaded drive for years,” said Keely Dennis of Mystic.

"My folks live in Groton and I live in new London. So it's going to be a lot of back-ups and a lot of patience,” said Cindy Weiner of New London.

Photo Credit: NBC Connecticut

Nathan Carman Requests Motion to Seal 2014 Warrant


Nathan Carman, the man saved at sea after his mother disappeared during a fishing trip, requested a court document from 2014 be sealed.

The search and seizure warrant executed on Carman's former Middletown apartment in 2014. Police were trying to find the gun used to kill Carman’s grandfather, John Chakalos. 

On Monday, Carman's attorney claimed the warrant could damage Carman's future, if "potential employers," "business partners" and others find out about it.

Carman was brought into the spotlight when he and his mother Linda Carman, of Middletown, disappeared during a fishing trip off the coast of Rhode Island last September. Their boat sank. Linda never surfaced and a passing freighter found Nathan days later.

Now, attorneys want the 2014 warrant linked to Carman's grandfather's murder sealed.  

Real estate mogul Chakalos was shot to death in his Windsor home on Overlook Drive back on Dec. 20, 2013.

In the search warrant investigators note that in July 2014, an arrest warrant for Carman for his grandpa's shooting was returned by a judge, unsigned.

The motion to seal the documents said the search warrant to find guns at Carman's former Middletown apartment, "should not be a public document, as the investigation remains ongoing,” according to Attorney Trent LaLima.

LaLima goes on to write,"the allegations in the affidavit represent extremely serious accusations which have not been vetted by the court system. the facts contained would seriously threaten Mr. Carman's reputation and ability to seek and maintain employment.” 

The FBI and the Connecticut State's Attorney's Office are investigating Linda Carman's disappearance and the unsolved murder of Chakalos.

The hearing on the motion to seal the warrant in question will take place in Middletown April 20, 2017.

CT Hotel Workers Trained on Noticing Human Trafficking Signs


Combating human trafficking in Connecticut may begin within the hospitality industry.

Behind closed doors inside hotels is where legal experts believe many of these crimes are being carried out. They are aiming to help hospitality workers help solve the growing problem of trafficking.

“It's a hidden problem and I think we need to bring it into the light," said Sheila Hayre, a visiting Associate Professor at the Quinnipiac University School of Law.

Hayre is one of the legal experts teaching Connecticut's hotel and motel employees to identify the signs of trafficking and how they should respond.

“I feel like traffickers feel like they can hide their business in hotels," said Hayre, who believes that hotels have become ground zero for victims engaging in commercial sex acts or labor services against their will.

Morgan Griffin is a hotel employee who wants to help. “We need to know what's going on so that we can prevent it from happening," said Griffin, who works in Fairfield County. "You just have to know certain things to look out for so that you can prevent bad things from happening.”

Griffin and nine of his coworkers were listening intently on Monday night inside Quinnipiac University's School of Law to what to be watching out for while on the job.

“Well see young girls, lots of traffic, people trying to stay away from cameras, paying in cash," said Hayre. "There's a lot of stuff that's going on.”

In October 2016, Connecticut passed a law requiring all employees of the lodging industry to get training on this topic.

Candace Levine, who owns a 14 room hotel in Fairfield, said it was heartbreaking curriculum at times. “This is sad stuff and it affects me. I'm a parent," Levine said.

But experts said it is a necessary lesson for the people just now realizing they are on the front lines.

“These are the people on the ground who can possibly make the most difference in terms of stopping it dead in its tracks," said Hayre.

Photo Credit: NBC Connecticut

Woman Finds Live Scorpion in Bag of Spinach


A live scorpion was sitting in a salad mix that a Chevy Chase, Maryland, couple bought from a Giant grocery store last week, the couple said.

Shanmukha Pranay Rajeev Jerripothula said he and his wife bought a bag of spinach from a local Giant on Friday evening. On Monday afternoon, his wife, Sri Sindhusha Boddapati, opened the bag to make lunch when she noticed something unusual.

“I saw something inside the bag crawling,” she said. “I thought it was a cricket in the beginning, and then I noticed when it was [in] the bottle that it is a scorpion.”

Boddapati was able to capture the scorpion in a water bottle and recorded cellphone video to send to her husband, who was at work. He returned home and took the bottle to the store.

“I told them not to sell the spinach anymore, because it might contain a scorpion,” Jerripothula said.

The grocery store pulled the Giant brand spinach nearly six hours after finding out about the scorpion and being contacted by News4. Giant Food of Landover, Maryland, issued a statement to News4 Washington:

“Customer satisfaction is our highest priority. We regret any inconvenience to our customer. We take the quality of our products very seriously, and we are following up with the supplier to take every step to ensure this isolated incident does not occur in the future.”

The company did not issue a recall of any product.

According to the Mayo Clinic, only about 30 of the estimated 1,500 species worldwide of scorpions produce venom toxic enough to be fatal. They said scorpion stings are painful but rarely life-threatening. Young children and sometimes the very old are most at risk of serious complications.

Over the weekend, Fresh Express issued a recall of some of its prepackaged salad mix after a dead bat was found inside a container sold in a Florida Wal-mart, according to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention.

Two people said they found a dead bat in their purchased package, and that they had eaten some of the salad before discovering the animal, according to a CDC statement. But the center added that both people "report being in good health."

Photo Credit: NBC4 Washington

Connecticut Considering Tax on Sugary Drinks


The state is considering adding a beverage tax on sugary drinks at the rate of a penny an ounce.

A 20-ounce soda would cost an extra 20 cents. If the soda was being sold for $2, the tax would equate to ten percent.

“Why tax soda when everyone drinks soda when it’s another unnecessary tax,” Brittany Noelle, of Hartford, said.

The bill targets non-alcoholic drinks that have a sweetener with calories.

Supporters say the additional charge could raise more than $85-million a year for the state.

“We’ve in favor of this beverage tax because we view it as a triple win,” Daniel Long, research director at Connecticut Voices for Children, said.

Long said the added cost might steer people away from sugary drinks and the money raised would benefit programs for children and obesity prevention.

But previous attempts to pass the tax have failed.

“We are more hopeful this year. I think in part because of the nature of the current budget crisis that we really need to look at more options,” Long said.

Businesses are worried about their bottom line.

In a statement, the Connecticut Food Association president, Wayne Pesce, wrote in part:

"Higher prices will send Connecticut families across the border into Rhode Island, Massachusetts and New York to purchase their beverages and while they are there, they’ll do all of their grocery shopping."

Not everyone agrees.

“I do feel like we are overtaxed. However I like this idea and I wouldn’t mind paying a little extra,” Gloria Morgan, of Meriden, said.

A public hearing on the issue is set at the Legislative Office Building for Tuesday at noon.

Photo Credit: NBC Connecticut

Plans To Renovate Historic 'Ghost House' In New Haven


There is an effort to bring new life to historic and run-down homes in the City of New Haven.

That is goal for a home located at 387 Lenox Street, which is known to neighbors as a 'ghost house'. To refer to the home as a fixer-upper would be an understatement.

Neighbors call the home a 'ghost house' because no one has lived in it for many years.

“Why is that house all boarded up? It just really looks terrible," said Ariana Kosnides, who said seeing the 'ghost house' almost kept her from moving in across the street a couple of years ago. The home was build in 1830 and is on the National Register of Historic Places.

“Part of what makes New Haven beautiful is a lot of these older historic homes," said Kosnides.

There is a new effort from Habitat For Humanity to take the project on, to renovate, and eventually allow a local family in need to move into the home. There is a great need, with well over one hundred families recently applying to live in just seven Habitat For Humanity homes, according to the organization.

“It’s neighbors coming together to help neighbors to build a structure, but not only to build the structure but build a community," said Bill Casey, Executive Director of Habitat For Humanity of Greater New Haven.

Casey along with Democratic U.S. Senator Richard Blumenthal said they had concerns about future funding for home rehabilitation projects like this. The federal budget currently being proposed would eliminate Community Development Block Grants (CDBG), which are a major part of Habitat For Humanity funding. The Lenox Street home has not been purchased by Habitat For Humanity yet. The organization said that purchase depended on how much many federal dollars can be used.

"For people who live the neighborhood, it will be a great asset," said Kosnides.

Photo Credit: NBC Connecticut

Man in 'Hold My Beer and Watch This' Shirt Charged With DUI


A Woodstock man accused of driving under the influence on Monday had his booking photo taken wearing a T-shirt that read "Hold My Beer and Watch This."

Harrison Wootton, 25 of Woodstock, was arrested and charged with operating a vehicle under the influence, misuse of plates and registration, failure to maintain a proper lane and failure to have insurance.

State police were called to a one-car crash on Wilson Road in Putnam at 1:20 Monday morning. The crash was into the stonewall of a cemetery. 

When officers arrived, they discovered Wootton trying to flee from the scene of the accident.

Police said officers then learned the car was not registered or insured. The plates on the car were assigned to another vehicle.

Wootton admitted to having a beer and vodka one hour prior to the crash, police said.

He was released from custody on a $500 bond and is scheduled to appear in court on April 20.

Photo Credit: Connecticut State Police

Hartford Police Arrest Two on Drug, Weapons Charges


Hartford police arrested two people after seizing heroin, cocaine, a gun and other paraphernalia from the suspects’ vehicle, according to police.

Luis Cosme, also known as Luis Cruz, 33, of Hartford and Angela Vazquez, 28, of Hartford, both face drug possession charges.

Police said that during a narcotics operation in the South End Monday, detectives identified the pair’s vehicle as possibly containing weapons and narcotics. When police searched the car, they found a Hi-Point .40 semi-automatic pistol, 2 grams of raw heroin, some crack cocaine, $286 in cash and packaging materials.

Cosme was charged with carrying a pistol without a permit, criminal possession of a firearm, weapons in a motor vehicle, possession of narcotics, possession of narcotics with intent to sell, and possession of drug paraphernalia.

Vazquez was charged with possession of narcotics, operating a motor vehicle without a license, and failure to wear a seat belt.

Silver Alert Issued for 14-Year-Old Last Seen in Bristol


Bristol police are searching for a missing 14-year-old girl.

A Silver Alert was issued for Janeslion Santana, who was last seen Saturday at 141 Lillian Road in Bristol. Santana lives in Meriden and sometimes frequents the New Britain and Hartford areas.

Santana is described as around 5-foot-5, 110 pounds, with black hair and brown eyes. She has a tattoo of rosary beads and flowers on her left forearm.

Santana was last seen wearing a black shirt and blue jeans.

Anyone with information on her whereabouts is asked to contact Bristol police at 860-584-3011.

Photo Credit: Bristol Police Department

Man Accused of Stabbing Ex's New Boyfriend in Meriden


A Meriden man is accused of stabbing his ex-girlfriend's current boyfriend and injuring the woman when she tried to intervene and stop him.

The incident started last night when 25-year-old Jean Carlos Perez, of Meriden, followed his ex-girlfriend to a convenience store in Meriden, police said.

Police said the woman managed to escape through a car window and run away after Perez confronted her and dragged her into his car.

The victim’s current boyfriend was in the store and saw what was happening, so he ran to help the woman and Perez pulled out a knife and began swinging, then drove off, police said.

This morning, Perez found out his ex-girlfriend and her current boyfriend would be on Lewis Avenue, so he went to confront them and found the man outside, according to police.

When Perez went at the man with a knife, the victim ran and Perez chased him to a front porch, where the woman tried to stop him and was cut in the hand, police said.

The woman’s injuries were not serious, but the male victim was stabbed once in the arm and twice in the torso. Police said one of the wounds is serious, but none appear to be life threatening.

Perez has been charged with first-degree assault, second-degree assault, disorderly conduct, first-degree reckless endangerment, criminal attempt to commit kidnapping and unlawful restraint.

Bond was set at $250,000.

Photo Credit: Meriden Police and NBCConnecticut.com
This story uses functionality that may not work in our app. Click here to open the story in your web browser.

Suspect Wanted for Stealing Televisions from Wal-Mart: PD


East Windsor police are looking for a suspect accused of stealing televisions from Wal-Mart on multiple occasions.

Police said they hold multiple arrest warrants for Jonathan Leblanc, 33, charging him with larceny, conspiracy to commit larceny, criminal impersonation, and interfering with an officer.

According to police, Leblanc stole televisions from Wal-Mart by walking out of the store through the Garden section. Leblanc was considered a suspect and previously approached by police but at that time he lied to officers about his identity.

Leblanc is also wanted by Connecticut State Police on a warrant charging him with violation of a restraining order.

Anyone with information on Leblanc’s whereabouts should contact East Windsor Sgt. Derek Leab at 860-292-8240 ext. 1220.

Photo Credit: East Windsor Police Department

West Haven Police ID Motorcyclist Killed in Accident Sunday


A motorcyclist was killed in an accident in West Haven Sunday afternoon, according to police.

Pasquale Marchitto, Jr., 51, of West Haven, was killed when his motorcycle collided with a car near the intersection of Campbell Avenue and Blohm Street. Marchitto's passenger, who has not been identified, suffered serious injuries.

Police have not released any information on the condition of the occupant(s) of the car.

Campbell Avenue was closed while the accident reconstruction team investigated, but has since reopened. 

Photo Credit: NBC Connecticut
This story uses functionality that may not work in our app. Click here to open the story in your web browser.

Man Abused Wife, Kids With Dog Shock Collars, Needles: Police


Warning: This story contains graphic details that may be disturbing for some readers.

A Montgomery County, Pennsylvania, man is accused of physically abusing his wife and two children over the course of several years through various methods, including dog shock collars, needles, pipes and wooden dowels.

Joseph Myhre, 44, was arrested and charged with aggravated assault, strangulation and other related offenses.

Officials say the investigation began on March 15 after Myhre’s wife met with police at the Einstein Medical Center Montgomery. The woman told investigators Myhre had punched her several times in the back of her head and fractured her skull inside their home in Collegeville, according to police. The woman said she drove herself to the hospital after Myhre fell asleep. Myhre was arrested and charged with assault.

As police continued to investigate, they determined Myhre had also physically abused his 11-year-old daughter and 13-year-old son, whom he home schooled over a six-year period, according to a criminal complaint. 

During an interview with police, Myhre's daughter described the various ways her father abused her over the years, investigators said. Myhre allegedly beat and abused her with several objects, including a lancet that he stuck underneath her fingernails and toenails, a remote controlled electric dog shock collar, needles, various sticks, PVC pipes, a wooden dowel, pliers and a shoehorn. He also allegedly punched her hundreds of times, placed his knees and feet on her stomach and strangled her and banged her head on the floor until she lost consciousness.

Myhre's son also told police his father had abused him hundreds of times since he was 5 years old, according to the criminal complaint. As with his sister, the abuse included being punched and kicked, being choked, being beaten with sticks and PVC pipes and being shocked with a dog collar, police said.  Both children also told police they had seen their father repeatedly abuse their mother, according to investigators.

Investigators also say they obtained a cell phone recording of Myhre beating his children as they screamed in pain and begged for him to stop.

Myhre was arraigned Friday night and was placed in the Montgomery County Correctional Facility on $1 million bail. His preliminary hearing is scheduled for April 19.

If you are experiencing domestic violence, you can reach out to the National Domestic Violence Hotline for help at 800.799.7233.

Photo Credit: Montgomery County District Attorney's Office

US, Russia Meeting Not What Either Planned: Analysis


Secretary of State Rex Tillerson is expected to meet for he first time with his Russian counterpart in Moscow Tuesday evening, NBC News reported. And as the dust settles on the U.S. missile strike on Syria, the meeting won't be the encounter either side had planned.

Tillerson hoped to discuss Ukraine, NATO, Iran, Syria and better U.S.-Russia relations, but sarin gas, dead children and missiles are now on the table instead. 

The top U.S. diplomat and Sergei Lavrov will likely talk about what comes next for the two countries. The Kremlin wants to know if the strike was a one-time intervention or if it signals a deeper involvement by Washington.

Moscow has said Washington lacks a strategy in Syria, though Tillerson is expected to propose that Russia change its own strategy and drop support for Syria's President Bashar al-Assad.

Photo Credit: Joe Raedle/Getty Images

Mass. Homicide Suspect Arrested at Bradley Airport


A suspect wanted in connection with a Massachusetts homicide investigation was arrested trying to fly out of Bradley International Airport to Puerto Rico Monday, according to state police.

Roberto Santiago, 19, of West Springfield, Mass. was arrested and charged as a fugitive from justice.

Connecticut State Police said around 8 p.m. Monday they were contacted by Massachusetts State Police and the West Springfield Police Department about a suspect who may be trying to fly out of Bradley. Troopers found Santiago at Terminal A and arrested him without issue. Santiago had purchased a ticket to San Juan, Puerto Rico.

The Hampden District Attorney’s office in Massachusetts confirmed that Roberto Santiago is a suspect in the fatal shooting of 18-year-old Delilah Santiago, of Holyoke, Mass. Delilah Santiago was found in an apartment in West Springfield, Mass. with a gunshot wound to her head Monday shortly before 1 p.m.

Hampden District Attorney Anthony D. Gulluni released the following statement:

“This was a tragic incident that resulted in a young woman senselessly losing her life. My sympathy and thoughts are with the victim’s family and friends. This quick arrest comes as a result of the constructive collaboration between the Massachusetts State Police Detective Unit assigned to my office, the West Springfield Police Department, and members of my office's Murder and Major Felonies Unit, especially Assistant District Attorney Max Bennett. I thank them all for their great work. This cooperation will continue as my office now focuses its effort on a successful prosecution and justice for the victim and her family.”

Santiago was held on a $1 million bond and is scheduled to be arraigned at Enfield Superior Court on Tuesday.

Photo Credit: Connecticut State Police

Man Went at Officers With Butcher Knife, Brass Knuckles: Police


A suspect in a domestic incident in Hartford went after police with a butcher knife and brass knuckles and police shot him with a bean bag, according to police. 

As police were responding to Tremont Street in Hartford at 5:07 p.m., officers met with the victim on Farmington Avenue and she said her live-in boyfriend was drunk and punched her in the head, police said. 

She also gave officers a key to her apartment and said the 49-year-old man was cutting his wrist and there was blood all over the apartment. 

Police said officers heard noises coming from the apartment and thought the man might be injured, so they opened the door but did not go in. 

The suspect then emerged from a hallway with a large butcher knife in his right hand and brass knuckles in his left hand, ignored attempts officers were making to de-escalate the situation and went at them with the weapons, police said. 

An officer then shot a bean bag round at the suspect and he dropped his weapons and was taken into custody. 

Police said the man was taken to St. Francis Hospital and investigators are working on getting an arrest.


Police said the victim decline medical attention and was referred to domestic violence victim services.

Photo Credit: NBCConnecticut.com

Intoxicated Man Points Gun at Shelton Neighbor: Cops


A Shelton man faces charges after allegedly pulling a gun on another man during an argument, according to police.

Mario Williams, 58, was charged with first-degree reckless endangerment, second-degree threatening, breach of peace, and carrying a firearm under the influence of alcohol or drugs.

According to police, Williams was intoxicated when he got into an argument with a former neighbor at Wooster Street Market. The victim told police that Williams pulled out a gun and pointed it at him during an argument about neighborhood issues.

Williams, who was still on scene, had a handgun on him and was intoxicated, police said. He was arrested and released on a $2,500 bond. He is scheduled to appear in Derby Superior Court on April 24.

Photo Credit: Shelton Police Department
Viewing all 57608 articles
Browse latest View live