Channel: NBC Connecticut
Browsing All 57608 Browse Latest View Live
Mark channel Not-Safe-For-Work? cancel confirm NSFW Votes: (0 votes)
Are you the publisher? Claim or contact us about this channel.

No Injuries in Helicopter Incident


A helicopter rolled onto its side when something went wrong with a landing at 360 Somers Road in Ellington at 12:45 p.m. on Thursday.

Lt. Paul Vance, of the Connecticut state police, said the helicopter rolled onto its side, but it did not crash. 

How many people were onboard is not known. but they are all out, safe and walking around, Vance said.

360 Somers Road is adjacent to Ellington Airport.

Bomb Threat at Wethersfield DMV


State police responded to the DMV at 60 State St. in Wethersfield after a bomb threat was called on Thursday.

The building was evacuated and then closed for the remainder of the day, according to DMV spokesperson William Seymour.

State police brought in dogs in to search the building.



Photo Credit: NBC Connecticut

Marlborough Mom Charged With DUI


A Marlborough mother was charged with driving under the influence with her two young children in the car after getting into a crash in Glastonbury.

Glastonbury police responded to a crash at Hebron Avenue and Oak Street just after 6:30 p.m. on Tuesday and arrested Albina Ciesla, 29, of Marlborough.

Police said she was driving under the influence.

Ciesla was charged with driving under the influence two counts of risk of injury to a minor, use of a cell phone without a hands-free device.

No one was hurt in the crash.

Bond was set at $55,000. Ciesla was released and is due in court on Jan. 30.

Photo Credit: Glastonbury Police

Police Charge 2 in Four-Story Fall


Police have arrested two men after a 24-year-old man fell from a fourth floor window of a Naugatuck.    

Police responded to 8 Pond St, a four-story multifamily house, at 2:27 a.m. on Wednesday and found Saloman Martinez, 24, of Stratford, on the ground, suffering from serious head and body injuries, police said.

Investigators said it appeared that he had fallen from a window on the fourth floor down to the sidewalk below. He was transported to Waterbury Hospital, where he is listed in critical condition.

On Thursday, police arrested Matthew Chandler and Kyle Gonzalez, both 20, in connection with Martinez's injuries.

Both men are charged with first-degree assault, first-degree reckless endangerment, second-degree threatening, second-degree breach of peace and conspiracy to all of those charges.

Gonzalez is also facing charges connected to a second assault at the house.

Naugatuck Police Detectives and Connecticut the State Police Major Crime unit are investigating.

Detectives are requesting anyone with information regarding these incidents to call 203-729-7106.


Photo Credit: Naugatuck Police

AA Unveils Bold New Logo, Livery


The world-famous silver bird of Fort Worth-based American Airlines is getting a bold new makeover.

American Airlines CEO Thomas Horton debuted the airline's new livery in a recorded video on the airline's website at 9 a.m. Thursday. Two hours later, Horton hosted a news conference at Dallas-Fort Worth International Airport, where a 737 with the new livery, pictured above, was on display.

The old livery, which has been in use since the 1960s, relied on the plane's metallic fuselage for much of its look, along with iconic red, white and blue stripes that stretched the length of the fuselage.

Instead, there will be a silver, mica-painted plane with an American flag emblazoned on the tail.

"Since the polished metal look was no longer an option [due to the composite skin of new aircraft on order], the importance of the paint selection became critical to honoring American's silver bird legacy," the airline said in a news release.

Ahead of the wings, the word American in big, thin gray letters along the fuselage will be easily read from the ground. Closer to the cockpit on both sides of the fuselage, the company's new eagle logo looks forward, toward the direction of travel. The look can be seen in the photo above and in the gallery to the below, left.

The new logo will debut on Jan. 31 with a flight from DFW to Brazil. DFW Airport's Terminal A will be complete in early February and will also feature the new look.

"Our new logo and livery are designed to reflect the passion for progress and the soaring spirit, which is uniquely American," said Virasb Vahidi, American's chief commercial officer. "Our core colors -- red, white and blue -- have been updated to reflect a more vibrant and welcoming spirit. The new tail, with stripes flying proudly, is a bold reflection of American's origin and name. And our new flight symbol, an updated eagle, incorporates the many icons that people have come to associate with American, including the 'A' and the star."

American hopes to have 25 to 30 percent of its fleet outfitted with the logo change by the end of year. By the end of next year, most of the fleet should be outfitted.

Horton said the timing of the new livery went well with shipments of the Boeing 777-300ER coming into service. A shipment of 59 Boeing 737s and 777s will become part of the fleet by the end of the year.

The airline also has composite aircraft on order -- the Boeing 787 and planes from Airbus.

"Since placing our landmark aircraft order in July of 2011, we've been building anticipation toward a moment in time when the outside of our aircraft reflects the progress we've made to modernize our airline on the inside," Horton said. "While we complete the evaluation of whether a merger can build on American's strengths, we remain steadfast in each step we take to renew our airline, a step we take with great respect for our name American. Today marks important progress in that journey as we unveil a new and updated look for the first time in more than 40 years."

The makeover comes at a time when the company is still evaluating whether a merger with US Airways could benefit the company. Even with a merger, some analysts believe the new look would help signify a reinvented American Airlines and a signal that the brand is here to stay.

"It's a new day and they are restructured, reimagined, reinvented, they certainly want their customers to know that," said Jeff Millet, of Holmes Millet Advertising.

After the reveal Thursday morning, travelers at DFW Airport said they liked the new look but said that what the airline does next to emerge from bankruptcy matters the most. The pilots and flight attendants unions shared the sentiment.

"We'd prefer that the focus be on fixing AA's systemic network, revenue and cultural problems rather any cosmetic issues such as painting schemes," Allied Pilots Association spokesman Tom Hoban said.

"APFA is excited about the change this means for our employer," said Leslie Mayo with the Association of Professional Flight Attendants. "We hope this rebranding is the first of many steps toward making American Airlines a company that we can be proud to work for and one that can grow and compete in today's marketplace. That can only happen with a merger inside bankruptcy. A merger is the best path forward for our company, our industry, the employees and the traveling public, and APFA hopes to celebrate an announcement shortly."

Horton said Thursday that the switch to the new brand may take years to filter down to all planes, airports and terminals, but that the switch would happen soon at hubs in DFW, New York, Miami and Chicago.

NBC 5's Kendra Lyn, Ray Villeda and Christina Miralla contributed to this report.

Dad of Amber Alert Victim Charged


The father of the 2-year-old boy who was the subject of an Amber Alert in December is facing charges for leaving his toddler in the car that was later stolen.

According to Hartford police, Luis Trinidad, 26, of Manchester, left his car running with his son in the backseat while he ran into the Stowe Village Mini Mart  in Hartford at 2766 Main Street on Dec. 6. When Trinidad came out, the car was gone.

Law enforcement started a massive search for the child. The car was found dumped in Hartford a short time after it was stolen, but the boy was still missing.

He was later found safe in Bristol and taken to a police department, where he was reunited with his parents. Police arrested two men accused of stealing the car.

Trinidad turned himself in to authorities based upon an active arrest warrant on Wednesday, Jan. 2, said police. 

 He was charged with leaving a child under 12 unsupervised.  


Police Searching for Man who Performed Lewd Act in Front of Girl


East Lyme Police and local officials are investigating after an 11-year-old girl reported a man inappropriately touched himself in front of her.

According to police, the girl was walking home near East Pattagansett and Bush Hill Roads around 4:30 p.m. on Wednesday when a man in a car stopped and asked her for directions.

The girl told police the man was inappropriately touching himself during that exchange.

East Lyme First Selectman, Paul Formica, said the girl got away unharmed, went home, told her mother and then filed a report with police.

The first selectman is telling parents to be extra careful.

"We have to be vigilant each and every day when it comes to our children and to the parents out there, know that the East Lyme Police are on the job." Formica said.

Police do not have much of a description, but said they are looking for a man with short hair and an unshaven face. The man might be driving a tan or gold car, similar to a Buick Century, said police.

Anyone with information is urged to call the East Lyme Police Department at 860-739-5900 or Troop E in Montville at 860-848-6500.

Woman Attacked, Thrown on Philadelphia Subway Tracks


A Philadelphia woman survived a vicious attack in the city's subway after she was dragged and thrown onto the tracks.

We want to warn you that the video above may be difficult to watch.

Raw Video of Subway Attack

The attacker and the woman were alone at the SEPTA subway station in Chinatown on Tuesday afternoon when he asked to borrow a light for his cigarette. Without provocation, the man proceeded to atttack the woman, dragging her onto the landing before throwing her onto the tracks.

SEPTA Chief of Police Thomas Nestel tells NBC10 the woman, 23, was very fortunate she walked away with only bumps, bruises and some cuts.

"It's horrifying. And when you see that happen, you think the worst. We all know that there is a tremendous electric source. You touch that, you die," Nestel said.

Why then, didn't SEPTA get the attack video and the man's description out to the public as soon as possible?

Nestel says he made the call not to go public because the attacker had a very distinct jacket on and he was confident that was their best lead.

He admits it was risky, but "it's also risky to put that information out. He gets rid of that coat and I lose my best chance to get a dangerous man off the streets."

The attacker was found two days later  -- in that very jacket -- by a SEPTA officer.

Police say he had the victim's cell phone on him.

Chief Nestel tweeted this praise for the arresting officer:

William Clark, pictured below, faces assault and robbery charges.

Photo Credit: SEPTA / NBC10 Philadelphia

With Te'o Silent, Questions about Hoax Mount


Manti Te'o has already tried to explain how his heartwarming story of playing through adversity was a lie he wasn't responsible for, how he was the victim of a cruel hoax about a dead girlfriend who never existed.

He still has questions to answer, with many wondering whether he was a victim or participant in the scam. Those doubts even extended to his own campus, where he is one of the most popular players in Notre Dame's storied history.

"Whenever Manti decides to speak I'll bet the entire campus will stop what they're doing and watch what he has to say," Notre Dame student body president Brett Rocheleau said Thursday. "I think the majority of students believe in Manti. They just want to hear him answer these final few questions and hear the story from his point of view."

When Te'o will do that — like so much else about this story, including some mysterious tweets — is still a mystery.

An Associated Press review of news coverage found that Te'o talked about his doomed love in a Web interview on Dec. 8 and again in a newspaper interview published Dec. 10. He and the university said he learned on Dec. 6 that it was all a hoax — not only was she not dead, she wasn't real.

On Thursday, a day after the bizarre news broke, there were questions about whether he really was duped, as he claimed, or whether he and the university were complicit in the hoax and misled the public, perhaps to improve his chances of winning the Heisman. He came in second, propelled by one of the most compelling plot lines of the season.

Yahoo sports columnist Dan Wetzel said the case has "left everyone wondering whether this was really the case of a naïve football player done wrong by friends or a fabrication that has yet to play to its conclusion."

Gregg Doyel, national columnist for CBSSports.com, was more direct.

"Nothing about this story has been comprehensible, or logical, and that extends to what happens next," he wrote. "I cannot comprehend Manti Te'o saying anything that could make me believe he was a victim."

On Wednesday, Te'o and Notre Dame athletic director Jack Swarbrick said the player was drawn into a virtual romance with a woman who used the phony name Lennay Kekua, and was fooled into believing she died of leukemia in September. They said his only contact with the woman was via the Internet and telephone. Te'o was not at the news conference; the school released a 225-word statement from him.

Te'o also lost his grandmother — for real — the same day his girlfriend supposedly died, and his role in leading Notre Dame to its best season in decades endeared him to fans and put him at the center of one of college football's feel-good stories of the year.

Relying on information provided by Te'o's family members, the South Bend Tribune reported in October that Te'o and Kekua first met, in person, in 2009, and that the two had also gotten together in Hawaii, where Te'o grew up.

Sports Illustrated posted a previously unpublished transcript of a one-on-one interview with Te'o from Sept. 23. In it, he goes into great detail about his relationship with Kekua and her physical ailments. He also mentioned meeting her for the first time after a game in California.

"We met just, ummmm, just she knew my cousin. And kind of saw me there so. Just kind of regular," he told SI.

Among the outstanding questions: Why didn't Te'o ever clarify the nature of his relationship as the story took on a life of its own?

Te'o's agent, Tom Condon, said the athlete had no plans to make any public statements in Bradenton, Fla., where he has been training with other NFL hopefuls at the IMG Academy.

Notre Dame said Te'o found out that Kekua was not a real person through a phone call he received at an awards ceremony in Orlando, Fla., on Dec. 6. He told Notre Dame coaches about the situation on Dec. 26.

The AP's media review turned up two instances during that gap when the football star mentioned Kekua in public.

Te'o was in New York for the Heisman presentation on Dec. 8 and, during an interview before the ceremony that ran on the WSBT.com, the website for a South Bend TV station, Te'o said: "I mean, I don't like cancer at all. I lost both my grandparents and my girlfriend to cancer. So I've really tried to go to children's hospitals and see, you know, children."

In a column that first ran in The Los Angeles Times, on Dec. 10, Te'o recounted why he played a few days after he found out Kekua died in September, and the day she was supposedly buried.

"She made me promise, when it happened, that I would stay and play," he said on Dec. 9 while attending a ceremony in Newport Beach, Calif., for the Lott Impact Awards.

On Wednesday, when Deadspin.com broke the story, Swarbrick said Notre Dame did not go public with its findings sooner because it expected the Te'o family to come forward first.

Asked if the NCAA was monitoring the Te'o story for possible rules violations, NCAA President Mark Emmert said:

"We don't know anything more than you do," he told reporters at the organization's convention in Dallas. "We're learning about this through the stories just the same as you are. But we have to wait and see what really transpired there. It's obviously (a) very disturbing story and it's hard to tell where the facts lie at this point.

"But Notre Dame is obviously looking into it and there will be a lot more to come forward. Right now, it just looks ... well, we don't know what the facts are, so I shouldn't comment beyond that."

Photo Credit: Getty Images

Restaurant Owner Charged With Reckless Endangerment


The owner of Machiavelli’s Restaurant in Southington has been charged with reckless endangerment after investigators found several liquor and fire codes, including overcrowding and a lock on the backdoor, preventing anyone from using it to escape in the case of emergency, according to police.

Police arrested Spendi Bomova on a warrant just before 1 a.m. on Thursday.

The Southington Police and Fire Departments, as well as the state Liquor Control Commission conducted an inspection at 75 Center St. at 12:45 a.m. on Oct. 13.

During the inspection, the establishment overcrowded and the rear exit door was found padlocked shut.

Bomova told the Record Journal that the door was locked by accident, It is not usually locked, but people have snuck in the door in the past, he told the newspaper.

The Record Journal also reported that the liquor violations included refilling liquor bottles.

This locked door was the way to leave the restaurant from the back in the event of an emergency, according to police.

Bomova was charged with reckless endangerment in the first degree. He was processed and released on a $5,000 non-surety bond. He is due in court in Bristol on Jan. 28.

Police said they are not aware of charges being filed in the past connected to restaurant inspections.

Teen Posted Threat to Kill Students: Cops


Bridgeport police arrested a 16-year-old student Wednesday accused of posting threatening statements on his Facebook page.

According to police, the Central High School student made statements that he would kill fellow students and that he was serious about his threat. School Resource Officers were notified about the threat.

Officers from the department's Emergency Services Unit, Youth Bureau, Detective Bureau and School Resource Officers served a search warrant on the teen's house around 10 p.m., police said.

"We took immediate action as soon as we learned about the online threats," said Police Chief Joseph Gaudett Jr. "We take our duty to keep our children safe in school very seriously and I'm grateful for the fast actions of our officers and detectives."

Police took the student into custody at his home without incident. No weapons were found, according to police.

Officials did not release the student's name because of his age.

Water Main Break in Newington


Several homes are being affected by a water main break on Miami Avenue off of Main Street in Newington.

Exhumation Begins of Poisoned Lottery Winner


The body of Urooj Khan, the Illinois Lottery winner who authorities now say died of cyanide poisoning, will be exhumed Friday morning.

Family members say they hope the dig at Rosehill Cemetery, on Chicago's north side, will lead  to answers as to who may have killed Khan, and why.

"We are confident he was a healthy person and cannot die like that," Khan's brother, ImTiaz Khan, said Thursday evening. "We are just praying to God that justice will be serviced, and whoever did this will be punished."

The 46-year-old's death in July, a single day after lottery officials presented him with a check for more than $425,000, was originally attributed to natural causes. A relative later requested the Cook County Medical Examiner take another look.

Medical Examiner Dr. Stephen Cina said that second look revealed lethal levels of cyanide. A judge last Friday granted a request to exhume the body for further testing.

Khan’s widow, Shabana Ansari, said police questioned her about the ingredients of Khan’s last meal and that she doesn’t believe anyone could have poisoned her husband.

"He was an extremely great person," Ansari told NBC Chicago. "Nobody could be his enemies."

Dr. Jon Lomasney, the Director of Autopsy Service at Northwestern University's Feinberg School of Medicine, said that while the upcoming autopsy will be difficult, it should reveal new details.

"After six months of lying in state it's going to be a lot of degradation. The body is not going to be well preserved. ... There's going to be liquefaction of a lot of organs," he said.

During the autopsy, which should take about two hours to perform, all of the internal organs will be removed and dissected individually.

Lomasney said residual chemicals and substances will be present after six months, and investigators will be able to determine if those levels are normal or not. Cyanide, he explained, can be ingested in food or liquid. It can also be inhaled.

"If you find high levels of cyanide in the lungs higher than the other organs like the stomach or blood, then you can determine that the cyanide was taken into the body via inhalation," he said. "Likewise if you find the highest levels in the stomach then it was probably ingested."

A full report of the autopsy should be available within three months, Lamasney said.

White House Unveils Obama's New Official Portrait


President Barack Obama is ushering in his second term with a smile.

The White House unveiled Obama's new official presidential portrait Friday morning, and in the shot, the president shows a little levity that was lacking in the old one.

The new photograph shows the president smiling broadly and posing with his arms crossed in the Oval Office. In the photo, Obama wears a watch, blue patterned tie and traditional American flag pin, and his hair has grayed since his first-term portrait was taken four years ago.

For full U.S. news and politics coverage, visit NBCNews.com.

Like that portrait, the new one was shot by official White House photographer Pete Souza.

Check out W.H. photographer Pete Souza's favorite photos of 2012.

The first portrait had pictured the president with a sterner expression, posing against a more austere gray background. It also had the distinction of being the first official presidential portrait shot on a digital camera, according to the White House.

Typically, presidents' portraits are photographs while they are in office. Their painted portraits are typically completed after they have left office.

President Barack Obama's second term White House official presidential portrait
President Barack Obama is photographed during a presidential portrait sitting for an official
photo in the Oval Office, Dec. 6, 2012. (Official White House Photo by Pete Souza)


President Barack Obama's first term official White House presidential portrait
Official portrait of President-elect Barack Obama on Jan. 13, 2009. (Photo by Pete Souza)

Photo Credit: The White House

Malloy to Meet With Biden on Gun Control


Gov. Dannel Malloy is heading to Washington, DC on Friday to meet with Vice President Joe Biden to discuss the president's plan to deal with gun violence and then to attend President Barrack Obama’s second inauguration.   

Malloy is scheduled to meet with Biden on Friday evening. While he was invited to Obama's announcement this week, Malloy was unable to attend because of prior commitments in the state.

Malloy's spokesman, Andrew Doba, said the governor will likely discuss issues state officials plan to pursue following the deadly school shooting in Newtown that left 20 first graders and six educators dead.

The Democratic governor is also scheduled this weekend to address the U.S. Conference of Mayors on education reform. Doba said gun violence prevention will likely be discussed.


Inauguration: A Look at the Lincoln Bible

President Obama used the Lincoln Bible in his first inauguration and plans to use it again Monday. News4's Wendy Rieger went to the Library of Congress to get a look at it.

Photo Credit: AP

Legislative Gun Task Force Holds First Meeting


The Legislative Gun Task Force, a special bipartisan group, will hold its first meeting on Friday.

The lawmakers will come up with legislation dealing with gun control, school safety and mental health.

Malloy has said this must be done for the families of the 20 first graders and six staff members killed at Sandy Hook Elementary School in Newtown on Dec. 14.

A package of bills will not be ready until the end of February and lawmakers want to take this time to thoughtfully put together a plan.

“Taking quick action is important, but taking smart action is even more important,” Rep. Brendan Sharkey, Speaker of the House, said.

The meeting will take place at 1:30 p.m. at the state Capitol.


Hockey's Next Threat: Climate Change


The first puck of the 2013 NHL season finally drops Saturday after a 113-day labor dispute wiped out 510 games -- nearly half the entire season. But now that labor peace has been restored, something a little more surprising -- and much more difficult to solve -- threatens the long-term future of hockey: climate change.

Hockey was born more than 150 years ago in Canada, where the defining image of childhood is kids playing hockey on a frozen pond. Those kids serve an important purpose to the NHL: From the ponds come the next generation of hockey players and fans.

But as the average temperature across the globe has risen, the outdoor skating season in Canada and the northern U.S. has begun to shrink, as temperatures cold enough to keep the ice safely frozen becoming rarer and rarer.

David Phillips, a senior climatologist at Environment Canada, says the message from the data is loud and clear.

"It's not as cold and white as it used to be," he said. "If you look across the country, the one season that has shown truly dramatic changes in the last 65 years are winters."

The NHL is aware of the threat posed by climate change, and players have tried to raise awareness. In 2006, the Boston Bruins' Andrew Ference spearheaded a carbon-neutral movement with the David  Suzuki Foundation, getting more than 500 players to buy carbon offsets for all the travel they do during the season.

The NHL runs NHL Green, a web site dedicated to raising awareness of issues such as global warming. Headlines on the site warn of impending doom: Canada's Rinks Now Need Cooling, and Pond Hockey in Peril.

Across the whole of Canada, the average winter (December through February) temperature has risen  about 5 degrees, said Phillips. The increase has been most severe in Northern British Columbia, the Yukon and Northwest Territories, where the temperatures have jumped more than 9 degrees — making a frozen pond much rarer.

The rise in temperature has shortened the outdoor hockey season by as much as 15 days, according to a study released last year by Nikolay Damyanov at McGill University's Department of Atmospheric and Oceanic Sciences.

The Suzuki Foundation in Canada has been fighting climate change since its inception almost 20 years ago, enlisting NHL players like Ference to help promote its cause. It's been a difficult fight -- even though 98% of Canadians believe climate change is real, the government was recently ranked fourth-worst in the world in terms of environmental policy.

"Here in Canada we're quite strong in natural resources," said Jean-Patrick Toussaint, head of science projects at the Suzuki Foundation, who noted that Canada was the first country to withdraw from the Kyoto Protocol. "Not only water, but we've also got the tar sands, and this has become a top priority for our current government, to make sure that there's continuous economic growth."

The problem does cross the border. Outdoor hockey is popular in America, too, as evidenced by the the NHL's Winter Classic, an annual outdoor showcase.  Five of the top six-rated regular season games since 1975 have been Winter Classics.

Last year, though, even the Winter Classic was threatened. The NHL had to delay the game between the Rangers and Flyers at Philadelphia's Citizens Bank Park until later in the day to ensure temperatures were low enough to keep the ice frozen

Rising temperatures have endangered the U.S. Pond Hockey Championships in Minnesota since their inception in 2006, founder Fred Haberman said.

"Last year was one of the worst winters we've ever had for outdoor hockey," Haberman said. "If we'd tried to have the tournament last week, we would have had to cancel because it rained — it was 40 degrees.

"When I arrived in the Twin Cities (24 years ago), I was playing a minimum of 10 to 12 weeks outside. Today, we're lucky if we get eight."

Not only does the shortened outdoor hockey season deny aspiring NHLers countless hours of practice time, it also stunts their development because they grow accustomed to the perfectly groomed ice of indoor rinks, and so are less adept at handling bad hops.

"It's on these outdoor rinks where kids can just play and experiment, develop their skills without even realizing it," said Joe Pelletier of Greatest Hockey Legends. "Minor hockey is so structured nowadays that kids are essentially taught the game. But out on their own on the frozen ponds, kids actually learned the game. And the game was better off for it."

Ultimately, framing global warming as a hockey problem may be what forces Canada to confront the issue. If Canadians realize that climate change is slowly corroding not only the quality of hockey and the amount of hockey they can play in their backyard, they might force the government to act.

"The threat from climate change... Canadians are not worried about skinny polar bears," said Phillips, the climatologist at Environment Canada. "It's about, 'Gee -- will we have a white Christmas and will we be hockey players?' When it comes right down to it, it would probably drive us to action if people understood it in that way."

Photo Credit: Bloomberg News

Caregiver Charged With ID Theft, Forgery


South Windsor police have charged a Hartford woman accused of forging and cashing more than $600 in checks from a Glastonbury woman she was hired to care for.

South Windsor Police arrested Victoria Booker, 46, of Hartford on an arrest warrant on Thursday.

Police said Booker’s charges stem from a November 2012 investigation. Booker is accused of forging and cashing $645 checks from a Glastonbury woman who had hired her as a caregiver. 

Investigators’ obtained an arrest warrant for Booker and served it on Thursday night.

Police said Booker said she “needed money.”

She was charged with larceny in the second degree, forgery in the second degree and identity theft in the third degree.

She was held on $35,000 surety bond and will be presented at Manchester Superior Court later Friday morning.

Woman Attacked, Thrown on Subway Tracks

A woman survived an attack after a homeless man punched her, dragged her by her legs and threw her onto subway tracks at a Chinatown station in Philadelphia. The police arrested the man, William Clark, after spotting him wearing the same distinctive jacket he was wearing during the attack.

Photo Credit: SEPTA / NBC10 Philadelphia
Browsing All 57608 Browse Latest View Live