Channel: NBC Connecticut
Browsing All 57608 Browse Latest View Live
Mark channel Not-Safe-For-Work? cancel confirm NSFW Votes: (0 votes)
Are you the publisher? Claim or contact us about this channel.

Police Investigating Home Invasion In Bristol


Bristol Police are searching for a man who forced his way into the apartment of a young women on Wednesday night and threatened her.

A man with a gun forced his way into a Shawn Drive apartment that was occupied by a 20-year-old woman.around 9:50 p.m. on Wednesday, according to police.

The woman had just finished emptying the trash and was going back into the apartment when the man prevented her from closing the door, forced his way inside the apartment and ran without stealing anything, police said.

The intruder is between 5-feet-8 and 5-feet-10, with a medium build. He was wearing black pants, a jacket, a black mask, black gloves and black Nike sneakers.

Police ask anyone with information is asked to call the Bristol Police at 860-584-3011.


Assault Suspect Asked Victim to Use Her Phone: Cops


West Haven police have arrested a man with a criminal past who is accused of seriously assaulting a woman in her own home on Wednesday afternoon.

According to police, a woman in her 30s came home around 2:30 p.m. to find a man sitting on her front stairs.

He told her he was waiting for a cab, then knocked on the door of her home on Nonquit Street door and asked to use the telephone. 

As the woman walked to get the phone, Michael Cooper, 30, of 280 Popular Street New Haven,  charged her and choked her from behind, causing her to lose consciousness, police said.

The victim awoke on the living room floor to Cooper pouring a caustic household cleaning fluid in her face and on her body, police said. 

Cooper threatened to kill her if she didn't give him her purse and vehicle keys, then ran out of the home and took her 2005 Toyota Camry, police said. 

The victim then ran to the home of a neighbor, who called 911. 

Police from West Haven and New Haven, as well as State Police started a massive search.

Authorities found the car on Wednesday evening in the area of Whalley Avenue and Anthony Street in New Haven after a pursuit by New Haven Police and CT State Police.

"The cops came, knocked on my door... and they said they were looking for someone that was armed and dangerous," explained Patricia McKay, who lives in the New Haven neighborhood where the car was found.

While police had the car, Cooper ran in the Whalley Avenue and Davis Street, area of New Haven, police said. 

Around 7 p.m., West Haven detectives were interviewing a witness in the case in the area of Rangely and Sycaway, when someone matching the assailan't description walked by. 

West Haven detectives detained him, arrested him after a struggle and found the victim’s ID in his pocket, police said. 

Police said Cooper is a convicted felon with numerous previous arrests.  

He has been charged with home invasion, strangulation in the second degree, reckless endangerment in the second degree, robbery in the second degree, assault in the second degree, larceny in the third degree, unlawful restraint in the first degree, interfere with an officer/resisting, violation of probation and failure to appear in the second degree.

He is held on $500,000 bond and will be arraigned today in Milford Court.

More charges are possible, police said.




Search Underway for Missing 3-Year-Old Boy in Coventry


Police are searching for a 3-year-old Coventry boy who has been missing for an hour, according to a fire department source.

The search is focused on the Main Street area of Coventry.

Police are not releasing the boy's name or a photo.

They said he is around 3-feet-tall and has light brown hair. He is wearing a camouflage jacket, blue jeans and Spiderman rain boots.

He is possibly with his dog, which is described as a grayish pit bull.

Local police, firefighters and state police are searching and other fire departments, including from Vernon, are providing mutual aid. It is not an Amber Alert.

If you spot a young child in the area, call police at 860-742-7331

This is a developing story. Check back for updates.     

Arrest Made in New Haven Teen Murder


New Haven police have arrested an 18-year-old man and charged him with the murder of another teen.

Taijhon Washington, 17, of New Haven, was shot and killed near an elementary school in the area of Butler and Lilac streets. The shooting also critically injured his 16-year-old half-brother.

Both teens were found lying on the sidewalk near Lincoln Bassett Elementary School.

"When I see the sun shining, that's when I think of my son. Just happiness," said Natasha Pettigrew, mother of Taijhon Washington.

Pettigrew spoke with her son less than an hour before he was killed.

"He said he was coming from a friend's house and I said okay. Make it home and that was that," Pettigrew said.

Her son never made it home. Police believe Jeffrey Covington, 18, shot and killed Washington.

The cause of Taijhon Washington's death was determined to be gunshots to the chest, according to the affidavit.

As police investigated, they received a tip about Covington bragging about being responsible for the homicide, according to the affidavit. The documents also say there had been a history of issues because the suspect and his friends and the victims.

According to one statement police received, Covington said one of the victims had snitched on him. 

Police arrested Covington and picked him up on an outstanding probation violation warrant on Wednesday night.

When Covington spoke with police on Wednesday night, he denied any involvement in the shootings or being near the scene at all. 

He said he learned about the shooting after watching the news, but admitted to having a problem with one of his family members, according to court documents.

On Thursday morning, he was charged with murder, first-degree assault, criminal possession of a pistol or revolver, criminal use of a firearm and carrying a pistol or revolver without a permit.

Covington was arraigned this morning and held on $2 million. He is due back in court on May 6.

Chelsea Clinton Is Pregnant


The Clintons are going to be grandparents -- Chelsea Clinton is expecting her first child later this year.

Chelsea Clinton, who married Marc Mezvinsky in 2010, made the announcement Thursday during an event in New York with her mother. 

"Marc and I are very excited that we have our first child arriving later this year," she said. "I just hope that I will be as good a mom to my child, and hopefully children, as my mom was to me."

Chelsea Clinton, 34, delivered the news as she and her mother hosted "Girls: A No Ceilings Conversation," which is part of their project that works to advance progress for women and girls around the world.

The former New York senator and secretary of state, who is considering another presidential run in 2016, said she is thrilled.

"It makes this work even more important because we've made a lot of progress," said the former first lady.

"Obviously we are very excited about what's happening in our family," she said. "But we're also very excited because of what we are doing that we hope gives confidence and support to so many of you across our country as you make decisions about the lives you want to lead."

Later Thursday, the Twitter account for Bill Clinton posted a tweet that said "Excited to add a new line to my Twitter bio ... grandfather to be! @hillaryclinton and I are so happy for Chelsea and Marc!"



Judge Laughs at Man Named Cocaine


Broward Judge John Hurley thought he had heard it all, until this man walked into his courtroom.

Firefighter Injured, 2 Cats Missing in Colchester Fire


One firefighter was injured while battling a fire at a home on O'Connell Road in Colchester on Thursday and two cats are missing from the residence.

No one was home at the single-family home at 120 O'Connell Road when fire broke out. 

Firefighters rescued a dog, but two cats are missing, officials said. 

No information was released on what happened to the firefighter, but the injuries are not life-threatening.

The fire destroyed the top floor. The cause of the blaze is not known.


Memorial Built to Honor Soliders Killed in Iraq and Afghanistan


Small American flags marked the sites of 65 trees, each honoring one of the 65 men and women from Connecticut killed in Iraq and Afghanistan since 2001.  The trees will be planted later this spring in Veterans Memorial Park in Middletown.

"It's a living memorial," said Sen. Richard Blumenthal, on stage at the park next to the governor and lieutenant governor.

Also on stage were the two spearheads of the project who tapped donors for money and materials, Sue Martucci and Diane DeLuzio.  They met at the funeral in 2010 for Sgt. Steve DeLuzio, whose picture was on one of 65 gold stars hanging near the 65 flags.

"This project is one I think will touch the entire state because we've lost someone from every corner of the state," said Diane DeLuzio. "We have dogwood, we have cherry, we have redbud, and snow crab - a crabapple without the fruit - so they'll be wonderful and they'll all be blooming in the spring, not exactly at the same time, and by next spring, it'll be beautiful."

Jessica Goodwin took her two-month-old daughter, Maya, to the ceremony.

"My brother was only 19 years old when he was killed by a roadside bomb," she said, of Lance Cpl. Philip Johnson, killed in Iraq in 2006. "He never got to meet his niece and this is a way she can come and still see a piece of him alive."

Next year there is to be a permanent pavilion and sculptures at the memorial, plus granite markers.

Ryan Dion, who lost a leg in Iraq, said it seems like it'll be a good place to be.

"It's something local that we can always pop up and have a couple hot dogs and hamburgers and share stories and cherish those people who gave the ultimate sacrifice," Dion said.

Courtroom Erupts After Conviction


A broken family’s screams erupted in a San Diego courtroom after a guilty verdict was announced in the trial of an Iraqi immigrant who killed his wife.

As the defendant cried out in Arabic "not guilty," his mother-in-law flailed her arms, screaming "you killed my daughter," while his two teenage sons chose opposing sides.

Jurors found Kassim Al-Himidi, 49, guilty in the death of his wife Shaima Alawadi -- a bloody, brutal beating once considered a hate crime that was, in the end, an act of domestic violence.

After Judge William McGrath handed off the verdict for reading, several family members began screaming, including the defendant's oldest son, who yelled profanities, saying he disagreed with the jury's verdict.

"This is bulls---!" This is f---ing bulls---!" the son yelled. "My dad is innocent. He was tried unfairly."

Al-Himidi smirked, crossed his arms, shook his head, wagged his finger and began praying as the jury was polled one by one. At one point, he put his head on the table in front of him. Then, he too began yelling.

According to a translator, Al-Himidi screamed out in Arabic, "God knows I'm not the killer. I'm not the killer! I'm innocent. Not guilty."

As deputies rushed to place handcuffs on Al-Himidi, he continued to yell, telling his family to seek international help on this case and have investigators look at it as a hate crime. He said to get him help from overseas to get him out of jail, the translator said.

Meanwhile, the mother of the victim stood up in court, flailing her arms, and screamed,"You killed my daughter. This is not a mistake, you did kill her."

Another one of Al-Himidi's sons sided with his grandmother and said his father did kill his mother.

Outside of the courtroom, through a translator, the victim's mother said a guilty verdict is the least Al-Himidi could have gotten in this case.

"If you killed her, you deserve to be killed as well," she added, with tears in her eyes. "My daughter was home, as you probably all know. He's the one."

The grandmother went on to say that she disagreed with her oldest grandson about the verdict.

"He does not believe that, but I do," she added.

She said she heard about the problems between her daughter and Al-Himidi before the killing, but she never imagined it would lead to murder.

Ron Rockwell, attorney for Al-Himidi's children, including daughter Fatima Al-Himidi, said the tension in the courtroom was from years of pent-up emotions. Despite the oldest son's outburst, which surprised the attorney, Rockwell said all of the siblings agree with the guilty verdict.

He released this statement, on behalf of the children:

“Fatima and her brothers and sisters respect the integrity of the jury system and find it unfathomably sad that their father found life so difficult that he resorted to taking the life of their dear mother but hope that this is justice for her and for them, her children that miss her dearly. We agree with the jury’s decision and although we love our father, we hate what we also believe that he did.

After over two years of great sadness, Fatima and her brothers and sisters find relief in now believing that they can begin to heal as a family while knowing in their minds that while missing their mother more and more with each passing day, whether that is with or without their father, it will always be without their mother.”

Al-Himidi will be sentenced on May 15, Judge McGrath said Thursday.

Alawadi, 32, was beaten in a bloody attack inside the family's home on March 21, 2012. She suffered critical brain injuries and died three days later.

At first, the case was investigated as a hate crime because of a handwritten note found at the crime scene that read: “This is my country, go back to yours, terrorist.”

Just before they entered deliberations, jurors were reminded of the defendant's timeline on the day of the beating.

According to phone records, Shaima called her husband at 8:04 a.m.

Video from a nearby middle school shows a burgundy Nissan Quest going and leaving the home that morning.

At 8:15 a.m. the van was seen traveling southbound along Emerald Avenue toward Skyview Street as Al-Himidi returns to the house from taking the children to school, prosecutors said.

Then, at 9:49 a.m. a vehicle matching the description stopped at the curb, just north of the intersection of Emerald and Skyview.

Prosecutors say 30 seconds later, a pedestrian can be seen moving from the vehicle towards the house at 564 Skyview Street, three homes from the corner.

At 10:10 a.m., cell phone records show someone called Al-Himidi’s cell phone but it goes unanswered.

Prosecutors say the phone communicated with the cell tower that serves the same area as the family’s home on Skyview.

“At 10:10 he’s still in his home tower area,” Deputy District Attorney Kurt Mechals said Tuesday.

The next phone call to Al-Himidi’s cell phone was from his daughter, Fatima, at 11:18 a.m. after Shaima is discovered.

Defense attorneys poked holes in the prosecution's case in their closing arguments.

Investigators did not find any forensic evidence linking their client to the crime scene, the defense argued.

They reminded jurors that witnesses testified how violence is not in Al-Himidi's character.

Throughout the trial, the defense raised questions about the role of Shaima's daughter, Fatima, who was in the house at the time of the attack.

She was called to testify several times and shared details of her parents’ tense marriage.

The defense believes Fatima was somehow involved in her mother’s murder.

“You don’t have to solve this mystery to acquit Mr. Al-Himidi,” defense attorney Richard Berkon told the jury. “You don’t have to figure out who did it.”

In closing, even Mechals told jurors, "Fatima doesn’t make your job easy, that’s for sure."

"Whether you can believe anything she says, that’s up to you," he said.

However, Mechals urged the jury to use their common sense to find what is reasonable and what isn't.

Al-Himidi has been visibly emotional throughout the trial, at times crying and wailing loudly as evidence was presented to the jury. He wept uncontrollably when 911 tapes were played in the courtroom at the beginning of the trial.

Cameras were only allowed in the courtroom during opening statements and closing arguments.

“He thought he had committed the perfect crime. He thought he had nothing to worry about,” Mechals said.

Both the defendant and victim are Iraqi immigrants. The murder investigation reverberated across the nation when it first happened because of the discovery of a threatning note.

However, in November 2012, El Cajon police announced the arrest of Al-Himidi and said the killing was not a hate crime, but rather one of domestic violence.

Photo Credit: NBC 7 San Diego

Suspects Sought in Multiple Burglaries Across Naugatuck Valley


Authorities are on the hunt for suspects believed responsible for several burglaries in three different towns in Naugatuck Valley.

Suds Laundromat, on Pershing Drive, in Derby is one of the businesses those crooks have hit. According to the owner, the men tried to break into her office and a coin machine, but had no success.

Police said it's likely the same suspects had better luck a few hours later at Ozzie Pizza in Seymour.

“I was mad very mad and frustrated,” said owner Leonora Trdevaj.  Trdevaj showed up for work the next day, the front door was smashed and the register was gone. “Now you think have you seen that person in here?” she questioned.

The crime spree did not stop there. Investigators said the salon just down the street of Ozzie's Pizza was also burglarized. The men took off with a laptop.

On Tuesday, Crave Restaurant on Main Street in Ansonia was also targeted, police said. 

"They busted the front door, stuck their hand in and turned over the latch," said Libby Meissner. The suspects broke into a safe and stole thousands of dollars.

"They rummaged through the whole place," Meissner said.

During the investigation at Crave, detectives were able to link some of the burglaries after they found a register from Ozzie’s Pizza tossed aside by the building. “The only reason police knew it was mine is because on the register I had a 'Like us' on Facebook sticker,” Trdevaj explained.

According to investigators, the suspects also ripped out and stole the video surveillance system so their steps could not be traced.

Police have sent letters to businesses warning them about the break-ins.

Seymour and Derby Police Departments are investigating similar type burglaries.  No suspect description available from the Ansonia burglary. Anyone with any information is asked to call the Ansonia Police at 203-735-1885.

Photo Credit: NBC Connecticut

Kittens Survive Accidental Mailing


These two kittens are just a few weeks old, but they’ve already taken the trip of a lifetime.

A worker at Cox Communications in San Diego County discovered the kittens inside a box of equipment. They had been accidentally packed up and shipped from Cox Communications in Hollywood.

Somehow, they survived the journey to San Diego.

The kittens, named Mouse and WiFi, are now being cared for at the San Diego Humane Society’s 24-Hour Kitten Nursery. Humane Society workers believe the mother cat was looking for a safe, warm place for her babies and put them in the box.

San Diego Humane Society public relations manager Kelli Schry said it’s a miracle the kitties survived.

“They were just a few days old, and at that young age kittens have to be fed every two hours,” she said via email.

Mouse and WiFi will be available for adoption when they are 8 weeks old. 

Photo Credit: San Diego Humane Society

Pedestrian Struck in Moosup Hit-and-Run


Plainfield Police are investigating a hit-and-run involving a pedestrian.

Police said Edward Grenier, 56, of Moosup, was struck near the exit of Chucky’s Convenience Store, at #219 Main St in Moosup, just before 10:30 a.m. on Thursday.

When police responded to the scene, he was lying on the side of Main Street, suffering from injuries that are not believed to be life- threatening.

Police said he was allegedly struck by a Silver Nissan Altima with a Massachusetts license plate and the driver left the scene, headed south on Main Street, and struck Grenier.

American Legion Ambulance brought the victim from the scene to Backus Emergency Care Center in Plainfield to be treated for his injuries. 

The Plainfield Police Department has several leads on the driver, but asks anyone who witnessed it to call the Plainfield Police Department at (860)564 -0804 or the anonymous tip line at (860)564-7065.


Man Pulled From Burning Home in West Hartford


A man was pulled from a burning home in West Hartford on Thursday.

Firefighters responded to 15 Brainard Road around noon. They found the man unconscious in the house and pulled him to safety, according to fire officials.

Police officers who smelled smoke drove down the street and saw the house on fire and called the fire department, fire officials said.

It took firefighters about 30 minutes to extinguish the blaze.

A dog was found dead inside the home.

The fire began in the basement, but investigators are still trying to determine how it started.

The unidentified man is believed to be the homeowner. He was rushed to the hospital where he is in intensive care, fire officials said.

911 Calls Reveal Chilling Moments After Calif. Bus Crash


The 911 calls released Thursday reveal audible cries of fear in the moments after the fiery Northern California bus crash that claimed 10 lives while en route to Humboldt State University last Thursday.

The distressed caller tried to explain what happened over screams in the background.

"We crashed into a bus...a truck. I don't know where we are," the caller said. "We were coming from LA and we're going all the way to Humboldt State University."

Ths bus erupted into flames when a FedEx big rig crossed a 60-foot median and slammed head-on into the bus.

"The bus is on fire," the caller said as others could be heard screaming and crying. "We are getting away from the bus actually."

California Highway Patrol Capt. Todd Morrison said that investigators will conduct vehicle tests using a 2014 tour bus and a 2007 FedEx tractor-trailer truck to learn more about characteristics such as braking and visibility.

“We are hoping to learn how it happened so that we can identify what to do to prevent it from happening again,” Morrison said.

Investigators were also still interviewing passengers, witnesses and urging anyone with video of the crash to send it to authorities. They also attempted to recreate the crash scene with similar vehicles to try to gain insight.

"We owe it to the families of the involved families and the victims of this tragic collision that we tell the story of what happened, and that we tell it as accurately as possible," Leal said.

All 10 victims in the crash had been identified, some by authorities and others by family, including a recently engaged couple, a college admissions counselor and the the drivers of the truck and bus.

Fellow students returned to the scene of the crash Thursday to pay tribute to those killed one week ago.

Glenn County Sheriff-Coroner Larry Jones said most of the victims had been positively identified by his office, but their causes of death were being withhel pending toxicology testing.

"That can be several weeks out before we receieve all of that data from the labatory," Jones said.

Michael Myvette, 25-year-old Mattison Haywood, 26-year-old counselor Arthur Arzola, students Adrian Castro, 18, Marisa Serrato, 17, Denise Gomez, Ismael Jimenez , Jennifer Bonilla, bus driver Talalelei Taiao and FedEx driver Tim Evans were among those killed in the wreck.

The news conference is scheduled for 1 p.m. near the collision site.

Photo Credit: AP

Police: No Hostages Found in Greenwich Home


Greenwich police received an alarming call just before 8 p.m. on Thursday from someone who called 911 claimed to be armed and holding several people hostage at a home on Round Hill Road.

Police would eventually determine that it was not a real hostage situation.

Greenwich police set up a perimeter and tried to contact people inside the home, but no one answered at the number the 911 call was made from.

Authorities were eventually able to reach some family members who were not at the home, but some household members could not be located.

Police eventually went into the home and found no one inside.

"At this time we do not believe there was any actual hostage situation, and the Greenwich police are continuing to investigate the matter," Capt. Robert Berry said in an audio news release. "There have been no reported injuries from the incident and there is currently no reason to believe there is any threat to the community"

During the ordeal, authorities kept the public informed on Twitter.

No injuries were reported in the incident. 

Car Rolls Over on Prospect Street on the Hamden-New Haven Line


Hamden police are asking drivers to avoid using Prospect Street on the Hamden-New Haven line because a car flipped over.

No information was immediately available on whether there are injuries.

Drivers should use Winchester, or Whitney Avenue.

No additional information was immediately available.

Photo Credit: Erik Steckis @DXFlounder

Secret Service Threatened to Shoot Mr. Met: Book


A Secret Service agent once threatened to shoot Mr. Met if he approached the president during a baseball game at Shea Stadium, according to a man who once worked as the baseball-headed mascot.

AJ Mass, who was the Mets’ mascot from 1994 to 1997, said a member of former President Bill Clinton’s security detail told him they’d “go for the kill shot” if he tried to pal around with the then-commander-in-chief at a Mets-Dodgers game on April 15, 1997. The account comes from an excerpt of Mass’ new book, “Yes, It’s Hot in Here: Adventures in the Weird, Woolly World of Sports Mascots,” published on Sports Illustrated’s website this week.

Mass wrote that he had planned to make his way to see Clinton, who was at the game commemorating the 50th anniversary of Jackie Robinson’s first major-league appearance, calling the photo-op "the holy grail for all mascots."

Before he could make it to the president’s box, Mass wrote, he was stopped by an agent in a dark suit and a businesslike demeanor.

“We have snipers all around the stadium, just in case something were to happen,” the agent told Mass. “Like I said, do whatever it is you normally do. Nobody will bother you. But approach the president, and we go for the kill shot. Are we clear?”

Then the agent, who Mass wrote was staring into the mouth of Mr. Met’s head to make eye contact with the man inside, repeated himself.

“Approach the president, and we go for the kill shot,” the agent said to Mass. “ARE-WE-CLEAR?”

Photo Credit: Getty Images

Man Accused of Trying to Steal Purse, Knocking Victim to Ground


Bristol police have arrested a local man who is accused of trying to steal a 57-year-old woman’s purse and knocking her to the ground in the process.

The victim was walking on Gridley Street at 10:50 p.m. on Thursday when a man attempted to pull her handbag from her, police said. The woman was knocked to the ground and sustained minor injuries.

The victim screamed, but kept grip of the handbag and the assailant ran off, police said. 

The victim’s husband, who was on his way to meet his wife, shouted at the suspect as he fled.

A police officer was able to detain the man at Gridley and West streets and the victim and her husband identified him as the person who tried to steal the purse.

Police identified the suspect as Richard Labouliere, 29, of Bristol. 

He was charged with criminal attempt at robbery in the third degree, criminal attempt at larceny second degree, assault in the third degree, breach of peace in the second degree, illegal possession of narcotics and possession of drug paraphernalia.

Labouliere was held on a $50,000 surety and is due on Monday at the Superior Court in Bristol.

Photo Credit: Bristol Police

Stafford Springs Couple Killed in Massachusetts Crash


Two Stafford Springs, Conn. residents were killed in a crash on the Mass Turnpike in Framingham early Wednesday morning.

Massachusetts State Police responded to several calls reporting a serious crash on Route 90 in Framingham at 5:13 a.m. and found that a tractor-trailer had hit the side of a minivan driven by William Barnett, 20, of Stafford Springs.

Barnett and his passenger, Alyssa Grenier, 19, also of Stafford Springs, were killed in the crash. They had been dating for about five months, according to their Facebook pages.

The tractor-trailer driver was transported from the scene to Metro-West Medical Center with injuries that are not life-threatening.

Police said preliminary reports indicate that the van spun out and was hit by the tractor -trailer.

Troopers are looking at the possibility the crash was weather-related however, but said it is under investigation.
The left and middle travel lanes were closed for close to five hours after the crash.

Photo Credit: Shutterstock

NoRA Cupcakes Make List of Best in the U.S.


Cupcakes from NoRA in Middletown are heavenly. If you’ve ever had one, we’re pretty sure you’ll agree. The Daily Meal certainly does.

They have ranked the local cupcakery’s sweets among the 101 best cupcakes in America.

NoRA came in 63 and is the only Connecticut cupcake shop to make the list. 

“NoRA Cupcake Company proudly boasts over 100 cupcake flavors on their full menu, and promises their sweets will blow you away,” Daily Meal says.

NoRA is not what you might think of when you think of a “typical” cupcake shop. The company was actually born in a bar, Eli Cannon’s, which is located across the street, and the influence is clear in the selection of cocktail cupcakes, as well as some of the rockstar cupcakes.

The boozy-inspired creations include the Bourbon Blackberry Fizz, Jack Daniels cake bakes with blueberries; the cosmopolitan; the Oreo mudslide and more. Um? Yum!

“We are most intrigued by their cocktail-inspired line of cupcakes that harken to flavors found behind the bar. The “bourbon apple crumble cupcake” features a butterscotch chip cake, Jack Daniels simmered apples, vanilla buttercream, butterscotch drizzle and crumb topping that is fabulous for a more developed palette,” Daily Meal pointed out.

There are also Butterfinger cupcakes; the Funky Monkey, with banana chocolate chip cake, peanut butter frosting and chopped peanuts; the Fat Elvis, with banana, marshmallow, peanut butter frosting and candied bacon; and many, many more. (Don’t be afraid of the candied bacon. We’ve tried it. Trust us, your mouth with thank you.)

NoRA Cupcake is located at 700 Main Street in Middletown. 

Photo Credit: NoRa Cupcake Company
Browsing All 57608 Browse Latest View Live