Channel: NBC Connecticut
Browsing All 57608 Browse Latest View Live
Mark channel Not-Safe-For-Work? cancel confirm NSFW Votes: (0 votes)
Are you the publisher? Claim or contact us about this channel.

Dozens of Gravestones Overturned at Waterbury Cemetery


At least 87 gravestones were found overturned at a cemetery in Waterbury.

Many of the headstones knocked over at New St. Joseph's Cemetery on Prospect Road belonged to veterans, according to the cemetery foreman.

The damage was discovered throughout the cemetery early Thursday morning, he said.

There is no word on what it will cost to repair the tombstones.

Photo Credit: NBCConnecticut.com

Westfarms Mall Jewelery Thief Pointed Gun at Pursuers


Police are searching for the man who stole a diamond engagement ring from the Kay Jewelers at Westfarms Mall, then pointed a gun at people chasing him through the parking lot.

According to police, the thief asked store employees to show him the ring around 6 p.m. Monday, then took it and ran from the store. Several people pursued him through the mall parking lot and he pulled out a black handgun and pointed it at one of them.

Police said the suspect ran through neighborhoods across from the mall and got into a silver four-door sedan somewhere along the way.

A K-9 brought in to track the robber lost his scent.

Police said the suspect is unshaven and is between 23 and 29 years old. He stands between 5 feet 7 and 5 feet 9 inches tall and weighs 150 pounds. The suspect was wearing a black half-zip jacket with a white or gray horizontal stripe across the chest, a dark-colored baseball cap with a Red Sox “B” on the front.

Anyone with information on the crime is urged to call Farmington police Det. DiVenere at 860-675-2462 or submit an anonymous tip by calling 860-675-2483.

Photo Credit: Farmington Police Department

Man Dumped Private Waste Into City Sewers: Cops


A septic company owner has been arrested as he faces allegations of dumping waste into Stamford city sewers to avoid disposal fees, police said.

Stright Septic owner Robert Aillery, 58, of Stamford, turned himself into police on Thursday following an investigation stemming from Stamford Water Pollution Control Authority's May of 2013 complaint that spanned a year and a half.

He is accused of "depriving" Stamford's Water Pollution Control Authority of income by dumping waste from his customers' septic systems into the city's sewer system so that he wouldn't have to pay them disposal fees, according to the arrest warrant.

WPCA-installed meters measured sewage flowing from his 84 Knickerbocker home and investigators found a hose during a search of the property with one end connected to a septic truck valve and the other leading to a city sewer drain, police said.

Neighbors complained of smelling a foul stench in the air and "raw sewage" seeping into some homes, police said.

Stamford police charged Aillery with three counts of first-degree larceny and are held him in custody on a $150,000 court-set bond before he appeared in court Thursday morning.

The WPCA's regulatory compliance officer assisted with the investigation.

The Chief State's Attorney's Office's Environmental Crime Unit is prosecuting the case.

Photo Credit: Stamford Police Department

Police Search for Salem Cigarette Thief


Authorities are searching for the man who stole a carton of cigarettes from a Salem gas station Monday morning.

Police said a man in his mid-20s stole Newport cigarettes from the Henny Penny gas station at the Salem rotary around 10:40 a.m. Nov. 13.

Surveillance footage shows him grabbing the carton from an employee's hands, then running from the store.

Authorities believe he got into a car just out of sight of the gas station. Troopers brought in K-9s to search the area but police said they lost the trail.

The suspect is clean shaven with short dark hair. Police said he was wearing a light-colored plaid flannel shirt.

Anyone with information on the robbery is urged to call the Salem Resident Troopers Office at 860-465-5455 or State Police Troop K at 860-537-7500. Calls will remain confidential.

Photo Credit: Connecticut State Police

Demolition Prompts Traffic Detours at Bradley Airport


The demolition of Bradley International Airport's old Terminal B is set to begin early next month, and airport officials are alerting drivers of road closures and new traffic patterns that will take effect.

Crews will start knocking down the old terminal Dec. 3, according to the Connecticut Airport Authority.

As a result, the upper-level departures road will be permanently closed to traffic just beyond Terminal A and the Sheraton Hotel. All traffic will be diverted from the upper roadway to the lower roadway.

The far right lane of the lower-level arrivals roadway will also be closed just past Terminal A. Traffic will be shifted to the left lanes.

The entire upper roadway will be closed overnight from Dec. 8-11 between the hours of 7:30 p.m. and 3:30 a.m., according to the Airport Authority.

Construction signage will mark all closures and detours.

Drivers are asked to slow down and be careful while traveling through the airport area. Officials with the Connecticut Airport Authority said they expect only minor traffic delays.

More information on the demolition and traffic changes is available on the Bradley Airport website.

Photo Credit: WVIT

Worker Admits to Stealing $800K from Employer: Cops


An Electrical Wholesalers employee who turned herself into Bristol police in February and admitted to embezzling from the Middletown business has now turned herself into Middletown police and been arrested.

Gail Zolla, 41, of Bristol, was not arrested when she initially turned herself in as the investigation was turned over the Middletown police. She turned herself into Middletown police on Thursday when she learned there was a warrant out for her arrest.

Zolla originally told police she stole $800,000 from the company and turned herself into Bristol police her employer noticed the missing funds in their accounts and she believed her boss was onto her, police said.

During her seven years as an employee at Electrical Wholesalers, she wrote 470 checks out to a company that didn't exist and deposited the money in her personal bank account, police said.

Police searched her home and examined her bank accounts on warrants. While most of the money hasn't been recovered, police said she admitted to spending the bulk of it on landscaping, vacations, cars and expenses for her home, police said.

Police charged Zolla with first-degree larceny and 327 counts of second-degree forgery. She was issued a $250,000 bond and scheduled to appear in court on Nov. 13.

Photo Credit: NBCConnecticut.com

Police Seek Car Believed to Have Struck, Killed Young Mom


Police are looking for a white van that may be connected to a fatal Danbury hit-and-run that killed a 23-year-old mother.

The van was captured on surveillance footage from an area business.

The van was traveling southbound on South Street near the Green Pasture Road just before midnight on Friday, Nov. 7 when it struck 23-year-old Rachel Sack. Family members said she was leaving Michael's Cafe and heading home to Bethel, where her 9-week-old son was waiting.

Police ask anyone with information on the van to call the Danbury Police Department at 203-797-2157.

Donations for a reward fund can be written out to:

Union Savings Bank
Attn: Main Office
226 Main Street
Danbury, CT 06810

The reward is being offered to encourage accident witnesses to come forward.

Funeral services for Sack are being held on Thursday.

Photo Credit: Danbury Police Department

UNH Students to Gain Experience in Police, Fire Departments


Ten students at the University of New Haven will be participating in a new public safety co-op program between the city and the university next semester.

Students will work 35 hours per week taking on jobs in the city's fire department, police department and emergency services.

Matthew Carroll, who is studying fire science at the University of New Haven’s Henry Lee College of Criminal Justice and Forensic Science, will be part of the training division at the New Haven Fire Department.

“Coming from a small town, this kind of experience is something that isn’t really realistic for me ever in my life, except for here, working with UNH and working with the city,” said Carroll.

World-renowed forensic scientist Dr. Henry Lee said the program will help prepare students for the real-world application of the skills they learn in school.

“Criminal justice is a special field, besides learning in the school for knowledge, you need practical experience,” said Lee.

While the students will be getting some of the biggest benefits, the city says it will benefit, too, with students providing extra hands in places like the Emergency Operations Center.

“Our biggest goal is to teach them all of the items that they’ll need to move forward. The research that they’ll help us do, the risk assessments that we’re looking to have their involvement in,” said New Haven Deputy Director of Emergency Management Rick Fontana.

The program is set to begin in January.

Photo Credit: NBCConnecticut.com

Man Claims Ex-Employer Withheld Wages, Threatened Him


A former worker at a Westbrook seafood restaurant is suing his ex-employer and company management in a federal lawsuit filed Monday, claiming one of the owners threatened him multiple times at knifepoint and that the restaurant withheld his wages.

But Attorney Jonathan Einhorn, who is representing the Off the Hook Bar and Grill in Westbrook and Stratford and three employees named in the complaint, said that his clients haven't been served the lawsuit yet and that none of the allegations are true.

“The Westbrook restaurant is still in business and is still a very successful restaurant and this is all a surprise," Einhorn said.

Marvin Mendoza, a former employee at Off the Hook Bar and Grill in Westbrook, filed a lawsuit electronically Monday in United States District Court of Connecticut against Andrew Testo, one of the owners of the Off the Hook Bar and Grill in Westbrook and Stratford, Daniel Cylwik and Daniel Doe, whose real last name is not included, ASV LLC, which is the Westbrook restaurant, and 170 Ferry Boulevard, LLC, which is the Stratford location.

“Off the Hook is on the hook for all the wages they stole,” Julia Solórzano, a Yale law student representing Mr. Mendoza, said in a statement. “Andrew Testo flagrantly violated Mr. Mendoza rights as a worker and a human being.”

Complaint About Unpaid Wages

In the complaint, Mendoza alleges that he was promised wages of $12 an hour when he said was hired as a full-time prep cook at the then-new Westbrook seafood restaurant and bar in May 2013, but he said that he received only $3.09 an hour. He also claims he was given extra work like washing dishes, vacuuming rugs, mopping the bar, cleaning the bathroom and taking out trash when four coworkers were reportedly fired, but said that he was never given the full wages he was owed.

But Einhorn said that Mendoza wasn't under contract and that he was never promised $12 an hour. His official pay rate was actually $10 an hour, according to Einhorn.

"He was fully paid $10 (an hour) at all times," Einhorn said, also stating that Mendoza was a dishwasher, not a prep cook.

Mendoza's complaint states that he worked at the company for almost a year, from May 29, 2013 until April 16, 2014, when said he was terminated, according to the court documents. But Einhorn said that the Westbrook location did not open until August of 2013 and that Mendoza left voluntarily when he requested more hours that the restaurant didn't have to offer him.

Mendoza claimed he was sometimes paid in cash and sometimes not at all. He argued that his wages were below federal and state minimum wage. While Einhorn didn't have information to confirm whether any payments were made in cash, he said that wouldn't be unusual for a restaurant and that Mendoza was paid in full above minimum wage.

Mendoza went to Testo with the complaint about his pay, he claims, but "continued to receive insufficient wages for the number of hours he worked," despite being told he would receive the wages owed, according to the complaint. But Einhorn said that Mendoza never went to restaurant management with a complaint and that his clients never received any complaints from any employees until now. No complaints were filed with the state labor department, he said.

Allegations of Assault and Intimidation

Mendoza further alleges that Testo caused him emotional distress when he would "burst into the kitchen" several times, "hurl profanities" and threaten Mendoza and staff members with knives, the complaint claims. He also said in the complaint that he feared for his life after Testo allegedly threatened him with a kitchen knife six times and that he moved as a result, according to the complaint.

"He pressed the knife into Mr. Mendoza's stomach with enough force to frighten him but not to break the skin. After the first attack, Mr. Mendoza began suffering from insomnia, trembling hands, and an incapacitating fear of Mr. Testo," Mendoza alleges in his complaint.

“I was scared for my life,” Mendoza said in a statement. “I still have trouble sleeping and feel panicked whenever I see him.”

Einhorn, representing Testo, called that accusation a lie.

“That’s not the way things are. This entire complaint is a work of fiction. Not only did it not happen, but it’s fiction….. it just doesn’t pass the smell test," he said.

He said that Mendoza did not report any incidents of that nature to the police. Mendoza said in the complaint that he didn't report anything because he was afraid of retaliation.

“We look forward to having that complaint as well as every other one dismissed," Einhorn said.

Mendoza's complaint also accuses Testo of calling employees derogatory names for not speaking Italian in the workplace, but Einhorn said that the claim was fabricated and that "no one speaks Italian in the restaurant."

NBC Connecticut reached Cylwik Monday at the Stratford location where he's a manager, and he said he just learned of the complaint that day, deferring questions to Einhorn. Testo could not be reached for comment despite a couple attempts, but Einhorn spoke on his clients' behalf.

Court documents state that Cylwik was Mendoza's manager for a few months at the Westbrook location and that Daniel Doe, whose real last name Mendoza didn't know or include in the complaint, was his manager after that.

Mendoza is seeking damages for the wages he claims were never paid and reimbursement for attorney's fees, according to the complaint.

Judge Alvin Thompson will preside over the case in the Hartford federal court. Einhorn said it could be as long as a year before the case is heard in court. He said that once the lawsuit is served, he will be filing for dismissal of the case.

Photo Credit: Shutterstock

Financial Consultant Stole $1M From Milford Company: Prosecutors


A 46-year-old Woodbridge man pleaded guilty in federal court Thursday to one count of wire fraud after stealing more than $1 million from a Milford company that hired him as a financial consultant, prosecutors said.

Giovanni “John” Masucci funneled company funds into his personal account from September 2011 to February 2014 and used the money to pay for travel expenses, hotels and retail purchases at high-end stores, according to the U.S. Attorney’s Office.

Prosecutors said Masucci also forged a company representative’s signature to write himself checks to pay personal bills and those of a friend. He took the company checkbook and created false entries in the ledger to cover his tracks.

Masucci has pleaded guilty to one count of wire fraud and could face up to 20 years in prison if convicted.

Photo Credit: clipart.com

Man "Horrified" He Had to Hit Woman


A man who was mocked about his coat on a subway last weekend and walloped in the face with a high-heeled shoe in a wild brawl that ensued says he's "horrified" he had to hit a woman, but she gave him no choice.

Misdemeanor assault and disorderly conduct charges against the coat-wearing man, Jorge Pena, were dropped after an investigators determined he acted in self-defense in the uptown F train brawl caught on cellphone camera. The train was headed to Washington Square around 5 a.m. Saturday.

The now viral video shows a woman taunting Pena about his style, then later calling him stupid and making fun of his speech. He trades verbal insults and the woman hits him in the face with a high-heeled shoe; then Pena slaps her -- hard. A full-blown brawl then erupts between the woman and a group she was with and Pena as the other riders in the car flee to opposite ends of the train for safety.

"She got smacked, and that echoed through the entire subway," David Ratliff, the man who shot the cellphone video, told NBC 4 New York earlier this week. "I heard it. Everybody on the train heard it. Everybody in Manhattan, Brooklyn, Bronx heard it."

Speaking to reporters Thursday, Pena broke down crying thinking about how other women -- including his girlfriend, mother and baby daughter -- must perceive him.

The 25-year-old said he was bleeding profusely after being attacked with a 6-inch high-heeled shoe and had to defend himself. Otherwise, he says, he would never have hit a woman -- or anyone else.

"Believe me, if she don't touch me like that ... I'm never gonna put my hands on her. Never," Pena said.

Pena moved to New York City from the Dominican Republic to play minor league baseball for the Oakland A's. His pitching career was sidelined when he injured his leg in 2010. Now, he says, he's just trying to survive as an average working man who wants to support his family.

Pena says he's very strong and tall, and for that reason he never engages in violence because he's worried he could seriously hurt someone. He stands at 6 feet 6 inches tall and weighs about 240 pounds, according to his minor league profile.

Though the charges against Pena have been dropped, three suspects still face charges in the altercation, including the woman seen on tape hitting Pena with the high-heeled shoe. She was charged with felony assault and disorderly conduct.

The other two suspects face disorderly conduct and misdemeanor assault charges. 

Philly Abduction Suspect Indicted


The man accused of abducting a Philadelphia woman seen on surveillance video putting up a fight while being grabbed off the street has been indicted on a federal kidnapping charge. 

Delvin Barnes, 37, was indicted Thursday and is in federal custody in Philadelphia. If convicted, he could face up to life in prison.

A bail hearing is scheduled for Friday.

The FBI says Barnes grabbed 22-year-old Carlesha Freeland-Gaither off a Philadelphia street on Nov. 2 and forced the screaming, struggling woman into his car. Federal agents found them three days later in Maryland.

Prosecutors initially charged Barnes the day after his capture. Under federal law, most cases can't be prosecuted without a grand jury indictment.

Barnes is also a suspect in the abduction and rape of a 16-year-old girl in Virginia. 

Photo Credit: Susan Schary

Man Shoots 2, Including Ex, at Mall


Police arrested a man suspected of shooting two people at a north suburban mall Thursday afternoon. The suspected gunman had allegedly kidnapped the children of one of the victims, who police say is his ex-girlfriend.

A 36-year-old man and a 29-year-old woman were shot around 1 p.m. in a parking garage at the Harlem Irving Plaza at 4104 N. Harlem Ave. in Norridge, authorities said.

The victims were taken to Advocate Lutheran General Hospital in stable condition, police said. The woman was shot four times, police said.

Authorities said the shooting was the result of a domestic incident. The gunman is the female victim's ex-boyfriend, Norridge Police Chief Jim Jobe said.

The suspect, 30, was taken into custody after the shooting and is expected to be charged, police said.

He had taken the woman's two children, a 6-year-old and a 4-year-old, but is not their father, police said. Authorities said the victims were meeting the gunman at the garage to get the children back, but instead of handing the children over, the gunman opened fire.

Police said the gunman left the children at the mall after the shooting and fled.

The mall remained open following the incident, and "customers were never in danger," Jobe said.

"Nobody was running scared, but of course they were concerned because there were rumors about how and why the shooting occurred," said Denise Sommerlot, who works in the mall.

Police said a weapon was recovered from the scene but it was not clear if it was the one used in the shooting. It is the first shooting at the mall in more than 35 years, Jobe said.

Check back for more on this developing story.

Silver Alert Canceled for 90-Year-Old From Branford


Police have canceled a Silver Alert for 90-year-old John Appel, who was reported missing from Branford on Thursday.

John Appel is described as a white man with gray hair and blue eyes. Police said he stands 5 feet 2 inches tall and weighs 140 pounds.

Police said Appel has no known medical history. He visited a relative's house earlier today and was late returning home.

He was believed to be driving a tan four-door 1995 Honda Accord station wagon with Connecticut plates 510-BWM, police said.

Anyone with information on his whereabouts is urged to call Branford police at 203-481-4241.

Photo Credit: Connecticut State Police

State Steps in After Frontier Fiasco


As Connecticut residents continue to wrestle with a messy switch over from AT&T U-Verse to Frontier Communications, the state is asking questions and stepping in to address consumer complaints.

Frontier acquired the AT&T U-Verse voice and Internet accounts of about 1.3 million customers last year, and when the transition took effect late last month, hundreds of customers began complaining of service outages.

Now the state attorney general and Office of the Consumer Counsel are requesting a meeting with the Public Utilities Regulatory Authority to look into the transition and what went wrong, according to a release from Frontier.

"Frontier Communications welcomes the opportunity to provide the OCC, the Office of the Connecticut Attorney General, PURA, and the public with information about the recent transition," company officials said in a statement Thursday.

Frontier is providing an automatic $50 credit to all Frontier TV customers and an estimated 3.000 customers who experienced Internet outages will receive one month of service free or a $50 credit, whichever is greater, according to the company.

A top company executive who oversees Connecticut operations apologized to customers in an exclusive interview on Monday.

“We apologize for anything that occurred that was not what our customers expected,” said Paul Quick, Connecticut general manager for Frontier Communications. "We take customer service very seriously at Frontier and I will share with you if someone calls me, if someone calls our CEO, if someone calls our area president, we don't delegate that. We take the phone call and stick with that customer until it's resolved."

He said at this point, service should be restored for most customers, but complaints have still been filtering into the NBC Connecticut newsroom.

"While service interruptions have been isolated, we know it is frustrating to deal with these issues, and we apologize,” Frontier said in a statement released Thursday. “Our staff has literally been working around the clock to address each and every customer’s concern to their satisfaction and we have incorporated changes to our process to improve the overall customer experience."

The state Department of Consumer Protection has created a system to coordinate customer complaints.

"We want to ensure that all customers are protected and adequately receiving the services for which they are paying. With that in mind, we’re encouraging anyone who is experiencing any problems to report their complaints through the state, and we will coordinate them together to ensure that these situations are being handled appropriately," Malloy said in a statement.

You can submit a complaint by filling out a form posted to the state website or sending an email to dcp.frauds@ct.gov.

Complaints should include your contact information (email, home address and phone number), the billing information for your account and a description of the specific problem you have encountered, according to the DCP.

"We've certainly received a fair number [of complaints],” said Deputy Commissioner of Consumer Protection Michelle Seagull. “I don't know the exact number to date, so have other agencies but certainly enough where we thought it made sense to have a centralized process and to work directly with the company and the process we've worked out with them to work through these complaints."

Photo Credit: NBCConnecticut.com

Suspicious Car Approaches Trinity College Student


Trinity College is urging students to be on the alert after a suspicious car approached a female student Wednesday evening, according to a spokesperson for the school.

A car full of people drove up to the student while she was walking on Summit Street around 7 p.m. Wednesday and the occupants asked her to get into the backseat, a campus spokesperson said.

The student left the area and notified a campus safety officer who was on patrol. Campus safety, in turn, reported to the incident to Hartford police, according to the spokesperson.

School officials said the student was not hurt.

Taylor Swift Surprises North Haven Family With Gifts for Toddler


Taylor Swift made a surprise stop in Connecticut, and it's a day one family won't soon forget.

The Grammy-winning artist connected with fan Stephanie Barnett years ago on social media. Barnett said Swift's music helped her through the emotional time when she was having trouble getting pregnant.

Now, Barnett has a 2-year-old son, Leyton, and today they both got to meet Swift in person when the pop star showed up unannounced at their North Haven home.

"I open the door and she's like, 'Hey, Steph!' and it's just her right there, and I lost it," Barnett said. "I lost it for a while."

The pop star came bearing gifts, including a toddler-sized toy Mercedes for Leyton, who wouldn't leave her side. Barnett said it's not the first time Swift has bought gifts for her fans – but she doesn't usually show up on their doorstep.

"She went to FAO Schwartz and got a bunch of stuff for Leyton," Barnett explained. "The car was so big, she's like, 'I don't know how to ship it, so I thought I'd bring it over.' And I was like, who does that? It's incredible."

Barnett said she was blown away by the gesture.

"She's unbelievable. The things she does for her fans, and she's a really amazing person. She's gotten a lot of people through so much more than anyone can imagine," Barnett said. "I was literally bawling on my couch, like, inconsolably, that she would do this for me and my son."

The star spent about two hours with the family, then headed to the Starbucks on Washington Avenue in North Haven to grab a coffee before heading home.

She showed up at the coffee shop around 3:15 p.m. An employee who answered the phone said Swift "was very pleasant," and fans raved about her. The singer's bodyguard ordered her a skinny caramel latte, according to Starbucks supervisor Michael Dionne.

"She got her drink and after that she took pictures with people and said hi to everybody," Dionne explained. "It was pretty wild."

Swift stayed at Starbucks for about 10 minutes to chat with excited fans, including Quinnipiac University students Kathleen Barry and Nicole Giuliani, who asked the pop star to stop by her sorority's semi-formal tomorrow.

"I was definitely starstruck," said Giuliani. "I was shaking."

Pictures with Swift quickly spread through social media and hundreds of people flocked to Starbucks hoping to catch a glimpse of the singer.

But Swift had to get down to business. She's in the middle of a major promotional tour for her new album, "1989," the only album to sell more than a million copies this year.

Photo Credit: NBCConnecticut.com
This story uses functionality that may not work in our app. Click here to open the story on our mobile site.

More Rape Charges for Hartford Corrections Officer


The Hartford correction officer accused of raping several women in Hartford and New Britain is facing new charges.

Kelvin Grisales, 31, was first arrested in April in connection with the sexual assault of a Hartford woman. A month later, he was charged in the brutal attack on a prostitute in New Britain in 2012.

Police said DNA evidence links Grisales to at least three other incidents and more charges have been filed out of Hartford.

According to Hartford police, Grisales offered the victim a ride on Park Street in September 2012. He took out a gun and threatened to kill her, then sexually assaulted and robbed the woman.

Evidence collected during the investigation points to Grisales as the perpetrator, police said.

Grisales will be charged with first-degree sexual assault, first-degree robbery, first-degree kidnapping with a firearm, second-degree threatening and sixth-degree larceny at his next court appearance Dec. 11.

The latest charges carry a judge-set bond of $100,000. Police said the investigation is ongoing.

Killer Cop Stalked LAPD Chief's Dad


The fired LAPD officer who killed four people during a vengeance-fueled murder spree last year was also stalking the father of LA Police Chief Charlie Beck, Beck told NBC News in an exclusive interview.

For 10 days in February 2013, former officer Christopher Dorner waged what he called "unconventional and asymmetrical warfare" against those he blamed for his dismissal from the force four years earlier.

Dorner killed two police officers and an Irvine couple that included the daughter of his lawyer before he died of a self-inflicted gunshot wound at his mountain hideout.

Full Coverage: Dorner's Murderous Rampage

Dorner had posted a manifesto on his Facebook page threatening to avenge his firing, and wrote to his targets, "I know your route to and from your home, and your division. I know your significant other's routine, your children's best friends and recess."

Investigators now confirm that there was "journaling related to specific targets," including the family of LAPD Capt. Phil Tingirides, who was on the disciplinary board that dismissed Dorner, and Chief Beck's father, retired LAPD Deputy Chief George Beck.

Read the full story at NBCNews.

Photo Credit: AP

2-Year-Old Girl Missing From Hamden Found Safe


A 2-year-old girl reported missing from Hamden early Wednesday morning has been found safe, according to police.

Hailie Sierra was believed to be with her mother, 21-year-old Jasmine Sierra. The child has been found but police have not released any information on the whereabouts of her mother.

The two were reported missing Wednesday following a domestic dispute between Jasmine Sierra and her husband, Gary Sierra, the toddler's father, police said. 

Jasmine Sierra stands 5 feet 6 inches tall and weighs 135 pounds. Police said she has brown eyes and black hair and was last seen wearing a black leather jacket, peach-colored jeans, a burgundy tank top and gray hooded sweatshirt.

Police said the two were believed to be traveling in a silver 2006 Volkswagen Passat with Connecticut plates 726-ZOZ.

Anyone with information is urged to call Hamden police Det. Stephen Rossacci at 203-230-4040.

Photo Credit: Silver Alert
Browsing All 57608 Browse Latest View Live