Channel: NBC Connecticut
Viewing all 57608 articles
Browse latest View live

Slain NYPD Cop Liu to Be Mourned


Slain NYPD officer Wenjian Liu will be laid to rest this weekend in Brooklyn with eulogies from the mayor and police chief, as well as a ceremony led by Buddhist monks to mourn the city's first Chinese-American police officer shot and killed in the line of duty.

A viewing for Liu, 32, will be held at the Ralph Aievoli & Son Funeral Home in Dyker Heights Saturday, and the funeral will be held at the same location Sunday. He will be buried at Cypress Hills Cemetery in Brooklyn. 

Liu was fatally shot alongside officer Rafael Ramos as they sat in their patrol car Dec. 20 in Bedford-Stuyvesant by Ismaaiyl Brinsley, who fatally shot himself in a nearby subway shortly after the ambush. 

Thousands attended the funeral for Ramos last weekend in Queens, including Vice President Joe Biden, Gov. Andrew Cuomo and Mayor Bill de Blasio. Large crowds are similarly expected for Liu's funeral.

In addition to the Chinese ceremony, a traditional NYPD ceremony is expected, including uniforms and bagpipes, and the mayor and Police Commissioner Bill Bratton will offer eulogies.

On Friday, Cardinal Timothy Dolan and other religious leaders paid their respects to Liu's family ahead of services.

Liu, whose family emigrated from China when he was 12 years old, had been a member of the police force for seven years, after serving previously in the police auxiliary. He moved this year to a home in Brooklyn's Gravesend section and got married just three months ago.

He attended Lafayette High School, then Kingsboro Community College and the College of Staten Island.

"He was looking forward to having his own family," his family said in a written statement after Liu's death. "Wenjian was proud to be a New York City officer."

Both Liu and Ramos were posthumously promoted to detective. The city also plans to honor them by naming streets near their homes for them, the mayor and Council Speaker Melissa Mark-Viverito announced this week. 

The NYPD announced the following street closures this weekend: 65th Street between 12th and 14th avenues will be closed from noon through 10 p.m. Saturday, and there will be no parking. There will also be no parking on 13th Avenue between 64th and 68th streets. 

On Sunday, 65th Street between 11th and 18th avenues will be closed to all vehicles from 7 a.m. through 2 p.m. There will be no parking on 13th Avenue between 64th Street and Bay Ridge Parkway. 

Man "Dying to Kill NYPD": DA


A Manhattan man said he was "dying to kill NYPD" in a series of threatening 911 phone calls in which he urged the dispatcher to send officers to him, police said. 

Rayshawn Dixon, 27, called 911 from his cellphone three times at about 5 a.m. Tuesday and told the dispatcher he had a gun, according to a criminal complaint containing a transcript of the calls.

"Come up here, I'll blow their ******* heads off," he allegedly told the 911 operator, adding that he was on 91st Street near Central Park. 

Minutes later, he called 911 again and allegedly said, "I don't know why you can't come here yet, 'cause I am dying to kill NYPD. I am waiting for them." 

When asked how the officers could identify him, Dixon allegedly said: "They'll figure it out. They'll see me pull that hammer out, they'll figure it out." 

Investigators traced the cellphone and the next day tracked the phone to a Domino's pizzeria at 592 Columbus Ave., where Dixon was apparently waiting to pick up a pizza order, according to the criminal complaint. His voice appeared to match the one on the 911 calls, authorities said. 

Dixon was arrested as he left the restaurant carrying several boxes of pizza, police said. He was carrying a cellphone that matched the number that placed the threatening calls. 

Dixon was charged with making a terroristic threat and second-degree criminal contempt. He has a prior arrest for robbery and two prior gun arrests, according to police. Prosecutors also say he has an active order of protection against him by an unidentified woman. 

He was arraigned Thursday night and ordered held on $100,000 bail. Dixon is being represented by Legal Aid, which does not offer public comment in ongoing cases. 

He's next scheduled to appear in court January 6. 

The NYPD has been stepping up security at some stationhouses after the deadly shootings of officers Wenjian Liu and Rafael Ramos in Brooklyn last month. There have been several arrests in terroristic threat cases against the NYPD in recent weeks.

Photo Credit: Getty Images

Stadium Authority Will Help Finance Hartford Ballpark


The city of Hartford has created a recreational facilities authority to help finance construction of a minor-league baseball stadium in the Downtown North neighborhood.

A news release from the mayor's office said the Hartford Stadium Authority is projected to save the city at least $10 million throughout the construction process.

The Stadium Authority will issue revenue bonds to help cover the cost of construction and "will be able to borrow at a more favorable interest rate" than the city would otherwise be able to do, according to the mayor's office.

Lease payments will also remain fixed instead of increasing periodically, as previously agreed upon.

“Implementing this revised structure provides additional protection to the City, its taxpayers and is more cost effective in the long run,” Hartford Mayor Pedro Segarra and City Council President Shawn Wooden said in a joint statement issued Friday. "The goal of the redevelopment of Downtown North is to bring more revenue, vibrancy and jobs to the City of Hartford. This proposal is a result of collaboration among city council, the treasurer’s office and the administration whose primary goal is to strengthen this project and move the capital city forward.”

The city will address the Downtown North project at a public hearing on Jan. 8.

2 Fetuses Found on SoCal Street


Two dead fetuses wrapped in a blanket were discovered at the front gate of a Fallbrook home Friday evening.

Homeowner David Branford said he first mistook the bundle for a discarded doll when he saw it at about 9 a.m., leaving to do morning chores. It was placed outside his home in the 1700 block of St. Peters Drive, San Diego County Sheriff's officials say.

But when he returned at about 1:45 p.m. and looked under the blanket, he found two, nearly full-term fetuses. The fetuses were dead, fire crews confirmed.

"It's absolutely disturbing to hear something like that in a town where I live," said teen resident Joey Wallace.

According to the sheriff's department, the fetuses were at least 20 weeks old, and each still had its umbilical cord, both of which were attached to one placenta.

How and why the fetuses died has not been determined, and homicide detectives have blocked off the area as they investigate. The crime scene is down the street from St. Peter's Church.

Now, deputies are searching for the mother: someone who was recently pregnant but has no baby to show.

"Those are your children," said resident Vanessa Carrazco. "You don't even know if they died, unless it was a miscarriage or something, but either way, it was done in a harmful way."

If you know anything about this case, call the homicide detail at 858-974-2321 or after hours at 858-565-5200.

Photo Credit: NBC 7

Alleged Plotter of US Embassy Attacks Dies in NY


Terror suspect Abu Anas al-Libi has died from health complications while awaiting trial in New York on charges he helped plot the 1998 bombings of the U.S. embassies in Kenya and Tanzania, according to court filings made Saturday.

The Manhattan U.S. Attorney's office notified the trial judge overnight that al-Libi, 50, had died after being moved from the Metropolitan Correctional Center in lower Manhattan to a nearby hospital.

His family had said the terror suspect had been in bad condition, suffering liver disease as a result of hepatitis C.

Prosecutors wrote Judge Lewis Kaplan that "despite the care provided at the hospital, his condition deteriorated rapidly, and al Libi passed away yesterday evening," according to the court filing.

In October 2013, U.S. special operations forces, along with FBI and CIA agents, helped capture al-Libi and send him to New York for trial. Al-Libi had had a $5 million reward out for his arrest. Prior to his capture, he was on the FBI's list of most wanted terrorists.

Lawyers for al-Libi had asked Kaplan to dismiss the charges because of al-Libi's "forcible abduction" and the "inhumane treatment" al-Libi was interrogated aboard a U.S. Navy ship, but Kaplan upheld the charges. Visibly ill in court even then, he pleaded not guilty to the charges through a lawyer.

Al-Libi, who said his full name was Nazih Abdul-Hamed al-Ruqai, was believed to have been a onetime associate of Osama bin Laden.

More than 4,500 people were injured and more than 200 died in the truck bomb attack on the U.S. Embassy in Nairobi, including 12 Americans. In Dar Es Salaam, ten Tanzanians who worked at the embassy died. Al-Libi was charged in New York with having played a major role in organizing and conducting surveillance for the bombing operation.

His attorney, Bernard Kleinman, had recently said his client's health was deteriorating. Kleinman did not immediately return a call for comment Saturday morning about al-Libi's death.

Prosecutors said al-Libi's lawyer and an imam were at his hospital bedside when he died.

A spokesman for U.S. Attorney Preet Bharara declined comment. An FBI spokesman did not immediately return a request for comment.

In their letter to the judge, prosecutors said they will soon formally file paperwork to end this case since al-Libi is dead.

Six other al Qaida operatives have already been convicted in New York. Osama bin Laden himself was also charged in the embassy bombings case until he was killed in a raid in Pakistan by U.S. forces.

Photo Credit: AP

Police Search for Missing Kayaker in New Hartford


Firefighters and state police have wrapped up a day of searching for a woman who went missing while kayaking in New Hartford.

Authorities said the 53-year-old woman took a yellow kayak out on West Hill Pond last night. The kayak turned up early during the search, but the woman has yet to be found. Search crews also located a paddle glove.

A friend reported her missing around 5:45 a.m. on Friday, according to state police. She was last seen 8:30 p.m. on Thursday.

"The investigation revealed that sometime after that she went kayaking and that's the last time anyone has seen her," said Col. Kyle Overturf, of the Connecticut State Environmental Police.

The search has moved from the rescue stage to recovery as hope dwindles that the kayaker will be found alive, according to fire officials. Crews wrapped up their search efforts as the sun went down.

Crews worked to crack 200 yards of ice so rescue boats could reach open water and a state police side scan sonar could be used to search beneath the surface of the water.

Police have not released the name of the missing woman. They believe she did have kayaking experience, but said she did not appear to be wearing a life vest or wet suit.

Photo Credit: NBC Connecticut

Wintry Mix Will Impact Weekend


A storm will bring a wintry mix to most of Connecticut this weekend, and winter weather advisories have been issued for Hartford, Litchfield, Tolland and Windham counties.

Snow will develop from southwest to northeast across Connecticut between 4 p.m. and 7 p.m. on Saturday, according to NBC Connecticut meteorologist Bob Maxon.

Northern Connecticut could see 1-3 inches of snow before the precipitation changes to sleet and freezing rain through the interior. A few pockets to the far north may see an extended period of icing on Saturday night.

Expect a coating to an inch of snow throughout central Connecticut and light accumulation along the shoreline.

As temperatures rise into the 40s and 50s on Sunday, winter weather will change over to rain, washing away post of the newly fallen snow.

Periods of heavy rain will continue on Sunday.

Next week will begin with cooler temperatures, but bitter cold will take over toward the end of the week.

Photo Credit: NBC Connecticut
This story uses functionality that may not work in our app. Click here to open the story on our mobile site.

Mom Beat Son, 8, Killed Puppy: Cops


A Miami woman was arrested after police say she beat her 8-year-old son and killed her family's pet puppy in front of her kids.

Charlotte Wonjah, 26, is facing aggravated child abuse and cruelty to animals charges following her arrest Tuesday, according to a Miami Police arrest report.

Wonjah told a judge in bond court Friday that she is four months pregnant.

Wonjah's ex-boyfriend of seven years told NBC 6 he had gone to her house to bring some clothes. That's when he said she turned violent.

"It was a nightmare," he said. "She came out of nowhere. Became violent. Punching me, beating me, scratching me."

Officers responding to the ex-boyfriend's 911 call then discovered Wonjah had beaten her son on several occasions. The boy had bruises, welts and markings throughout his body and at different stages of healing, the report said.

Officers also found that Wonjah had killed the one-month-old puppy by slamming it against the floor while her kids watched, the report said.

Wonjah told officers she has anger issues and lost control and beat her son with a rope. She also admitted to killing the dog because she didn't want to clean up after it, the report said.

Prosecutors told the bond judge Wonjah had just completed probation for misdemeanor battery against her ex-boyfriend in April of 2013.

Wonjah is being held on $50,000 bond. It is unclear if she has an attorney.

Photo Credit: Miami-Dade Corrections

Family vs. Airline Over Kid's Seat


An airline has apologized after a New Jersey family battled with a flight crew for an hour over how to accommodate their child with special needs in a seat.

Elit Kirschenbaum and her family, of Short Hills were heading back to Newark from the Dominican Republic on a United Airlines flight Tuesday, and a flight attendant became "visibly upset" when Kirschenbaum tried to hold her 3-year-old daughter Ivy in her lap, the mother of four said. 

Ivy has a debilitating condition in which she is unable to move her arms and legs, or to hold her head up on her own, after suffering a stroke in utero, according to her mother. 

"I would do anything to have Ivy sit up by herself, but she just can't do it," said Kirschenbaum. 

FAA regulations require anyone over the age of 24 months to sit in his or her own seat for taxi, takeoff and landing, according to United Airlines. There is no exception in the regulations or in the United Airlines flight attendant manual that allows a lap child over the age of 2 under any circumstances. 

Kirschenbaum said she didn't know those rules, and she wasn't stopped on her way to the Dominican Republic.

"The rules should be that she should be able to sit in a seat," she said. "Unfortunately, life doesn't play by the rules sometimes." 

The hourlong emotional episode on the plane caused a stir. 

"I just couldn't understand why this person was showing us so little compassion," she said. 

The pilot finally came up with a solution, with the help of Kirschenbaum's husband. They decided to buckle Ivy in at the waist and have her lay across her father's lap next to her. 

They all made it home safely, and Kirschenbaum said she'll use a safety seat offering additional head support for Ivy on future flights. But she doesn't regret what happened on the plane. 

"I was given an opportunity to advocate for my child. I did not back down from it, I did not take the easy road," she said. "And the lesson I hope my own children get out of it is that I will always stand beside them." 

United Airlines called Kirschenbaum Thursday to apologize for the incident, but did not say whether it took any disciplinary action against the flight attendant. 

Photo Credit: NBC 4 New York

Teens Missing for Months Found Safe


Two Connecticut teenagers missing for a few months have been found safe.

Samuel Foley, 16, of Clinton, and Carolyn Lindsey, of Trumbull, were both located on Friday in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania "with the assistance of family members."

Police have canceled Silver Alerts for Foley and Lindsey. Both were found in "good health" and Foley is back with his family.

They were likely dating, but it's unclear why they ran away, state police said.

Foley had last been seen on Aug. 15 at about 12:46 p.m. taking a Metro-North train from New Haven toward Grand Central Station in New York City, according to a missing person flyer posted family members shared on Twitter. He has special needs, according to the flyer. Lindsey was reported missing Sept. 20 and may have taken a cab to the Bridgeport train station to get to New York, police said in the Silver Alert flyer.

Both had been classified as endangered runaways.

Clinton police thanked everyone who helped find them.

Photo Credit: Courtesy of Clinton Police Department

Body of Shane Found: Family


The fears of Shane Montgomery's parents became a reality Saturday afternoon when crews pulled the body of the missing West Chester University student from the Schuylkill River in Philadelphia's Manayunk neighborhood.

"Today we have done what we promised," Shane's mother, Karen Montgomery said as she choked back tears. "We found and brought Shane home."

Authorities have not yet confirmed the identity of the man found, however, Shane's family confirmed to NBC10 the body is the Roxborough native.

Shane's father, Kevin, stood alongside his wife in the frigid rain outside the Manayunk Brewery as she tearfully thanked all those who helped in the search efforts.

As the parents concluded their remarks, they asked for the public to respect their privacy at this time.

"We need time to mourn together as a family," said Karen, her voice cracking as she looked up from the paper in her hands for the first time. Her full statement has been posted to the Help Find Shane Montgomery Facebook page.

Shane's uncle Kevin Verbrugghe told NBC10 he texted his nephew "come home" Saturday morning.

Hours later, Shane's body was found. His parents stood a short distance from the river at the time.

Garden State Underwater Recovery Unit divers discovered the body in the water behind the Manayunk Brewery, located near Main Street and Shurs Lane in Manayunk, around 12:15 p.m., Philadelphia Police said.

"There was that moment that you kind of hoped it wasn't Shane," Verbrugghe said. "But at the same time he's in God's hands." 

The discovery occurred in the same portion of the Schuylkill River where divers concentrated their search for Shane in the five weeks since he was reported missing.

His body was found at the bottom of the Schuylkill, about 10-feet away from the bank of the river, according to a member of the dive team.

"God blsss the divers," Verbrugghe said. "They will forever be part of our family. "

Police sources told NBC10 he was wearing the same clothes his family remembered him wearing the night of his disappearance.

Surveillance video captured Shane walking early Thanksgiving morning toward the Schuylkill River after leaving Kildare's Irish Pub around 1:45 a.m. 

Searches by ground, air and water ensued and gained nationwide attention. A reward for information leading to Montgomery's whereabouts climbed to $65,000, but as the days crept on, hope of finding him alive faded.

Federal agents operated on the theory that the Roman Catholic High School alum was in the Schuylkill River since early on in their search efforts. Three weeks after Shane went missing, a group of volunteer divers found Montgomery's keys in the river next to a parking lot.

Karen said late last month finding her son, even by pulling his body from the river, would bring closure to the family.

A group of Mummers honored Shane by wearing special ribbons during their annual New Year's Day parade in Philadelphia. The ribbons' color — green — is Shane's favorite and is also associated with missing children.

The Medical Examiner will officially identify the body Monday. Shane's family has not yet released information on funeral arrangements.

Police Investigate Hartford Shooting


A man was shot in the chest in Hartford on Saturday, police said.

Police are investigating a shooting that happened near the intersection of Park Road and Hungerford Street just after 10 a.m. Officers responded to the area after the department's ShotSpotter system detected shots fired in the area.

The man shot left the scene and walke to Hartford Hospital, according to police.

He sustained a non-lif-threatening gunshot wound to the torso and is stable.

Major crimes investigators are responding.

Photo Credit: NBCConnecticut.com

Second Suspect Arrested in Waterbury Homicide


Police have arrested a second suspect in the death of a man found in a driveway in Waterbury on New Year's Day.

Joseph Pape, 20, the brother of another suspect Jonathan Pape, was arrested in connection to homicide of 50-year-old Donald Curtis, police said.

Pape was charged with felony murder, first-degree robbery, conspiracy to commit first-degree robbery, second-degree larceny and second-degree conspiracy to commit larceny.

Investigators previously said his brother, Johnathan Pape, 22, physically attacked and robbed the victim, Curtis, as he walked home from a nearby store around 5 a.m. on Thursday.

Curtis' body was found in a driveway at 34 Mitchell Avenue Thursday morning. The medical examiner ruled Curtis died of blunt force trauma to the head and chest.

Jonathan Pape admitted to punching Curtis, knocking him to the ground and then kicking him in the head during the robbery, according to police.

Officers executed a search warrant at Jonathan Pape's home at 23 Fairview Street and seized evidence connecting Pape to the crime, police said.

Jonathan Pape appeared in Waterbury Superior Court on Friday facing identical charges of felony murder, first-degree robbery, conspiracy to commit first-degree robbery, second-degree larceny and conspiracy to commit second-degree larceny.

Both are being held on a $1 million bond.

Police said they expect to make more arrests.

FB Helps Woman With Reunion


After more than 40 years and 500 miles, an amazing reunion took place Friday in the Bay Area. 

Leticia Bustos was 8 years old when she came from Tijuana to the San Francisco Bay Area in 1969 to have surgery.

Pat Sherman and her family in Palo Alto took Bustos in to recover.

"They needed families to take the children before and after the surgeries," Sherman said of ReSurge International. The company, formerly Interplast, provides reconstructive surgical care for children and adults who lack access.

"How can they be so lovable with someone they didn't even know," Bustos said of the Sherman family's love and affection Friday.

"And I thought I'm gonna love this kid for the rest of my life," Sherman said.

But after several hospital visits and bonding with the people she called her second family, Bustos went back to Tijuana and lost touch with the Shermans.

"It broke my heart ... I thought about her for years," Sherman said.

Bustos and the Shermans were able to reunite after more than 40 years of losing contact with each other thanks to Facebook.

"I said 'oh my god that's her," Sherman said of the moment she found Bustos on the social network."It was the happiest moment of my life."

On Friday, Sherman and Bustos looked through old pictures and introduced new family members by starting where they had once left off.

"I was just thinking that after 43 years I could never imagine we could be together again," Bustos said. "I cried a lot."

Bustos' surgery and the Sherman's decision to take her in helped launch the once-called Interplast, which has Stanford roots. ReSurge International has since provided more than 100,000 surgeries for people in developing countries.

Photo Credit: NBC Bay Area

West Haven Teacher Retires Amid Grant Audit


A longtime West Haven teacher has retired amid an audit for a grant he oversaw.

Technical education teacher Garrett Grant, who has been with the district for several decades, announced his retirement in December, according to West Haven Superintendent Neil Cavallaro.

"The union approached us with his decision a few weeks ago," Cavallaro said in a statement.

Meanwhile, the state Department of Education is auditing the use of a grant that Grant oversaw the funds for as the head of the West Haven High School technical education department, Cavallaro said. The audit of the federal Carl D. Perkins grant use began "shortly before the school district's winter break," Cavallaro said.

"The state is also examining the use of a pick-up truck purchased with the grant funds for the tech ed department," Cavallaro said.

He said that the district is "assisting the auditors as necessary."

Photo Credit: NBCConnecticut.com

Boy Found Dead in Chicago Suburb


A 14-year-old boy died after it appears he was shot to death in the parking lot of an apartment complex in suburban Rosemont Friday night.

The Rosemont 911 Center received a call about a disturbance in the 10400 block of Carol Court on Friday at about 8:55 p.m. Several 911 calls followed reporting the sound of gunshots in the area.

When Rosemont Public Safety Patrol units arrived on the scene, they found the teen lying on the ground with an apparent gunshot wound. He was pronounced dead on the scene.

Police have not confirmed the victim died from gunshot wounds, but Raul Menchata, a witness and resident of the apartment complex, said he heard four gunshots.

The victim is identified as Patrick Boswell, of the 1600 block of Morse Avenue in Des Plaines, according to Rosemont police. Boswell was an eighth grade student at Iroquois Community School in Des Plaines.

Residents of the apartment complex where Boswell was found said it was not uncommon to see the boy skateboarding in the area.

"During this terrible loss, please keep the Iroquois families and staff and the Des Plaines community in your toughts and prayers," Mindy Ward, the director of communtiy relations in District 62, said in a statement. "We are a strong and determined community. Supporting each other is very important now and in the future."

Counselors will be available at the school and across the district for students and staff, Ward said.

"It's just sad to see it," Emmanuele Asccencio, a close friend of Boswell's, said. "He was a good kid, a lovely person. He was really nice, always had a smile on his face."

Rosemont detectives and the Major Case Assistance Team are continuing the investigation.

Person Stuck in Chimney Saved


A woman stuck and injured in a Riverside County chimney had to be rescued Saturday morning, fire officials said.

The Woodcrest rescue took about two hours, a Riverside County Fire Department news release said, after which she was taken to a hospital with minor to moderate injuries.

The victim's identity and age weren't released.

She was stuck above a 12-by-12-foot brick fireplace, which she entered from the roof, officials said. Firefighters were called at 4:58 a.m. to the home, in the 15800 block of Rancho Viejo Drive.

The homeowner told NBC4 the woman is the mother of his children but that they were not married. He said the woman does not live in the house.

Photo Credit: Engineer Jared Hazelaar/CAL FIRE Riverside

Tires Slashed on 35 Cars in New London


Vandals slashed the tires of 35 car in New London overnight into Saturday, police said.

New London police are investigating after receiving multiple complaints of "criminal mischief" that happened mostly in the center of the city, police said.

Police ask residents to call the New London Police Department at 860-442-4444 or 860-447-5269 to report any suspicious activity or loitering they observe.

Tips can be made anonymously, police said.

Photo Credit: NBCConnecticut.com

Man, 86, Crashes Through Bank: Police


A car crashed into a bank in Orange after the driver accidentally stepped on the gas instead of the break.

Joseph Coss, 86, of West haven was backing out of a parking space in his Honda Civic when he stepped on the accelerator by mistake, launching the car backwards over the sidewalk and into a Wells Fargo Bank office at 297 Boston Post Road, police said.

No one was in the office when he crashed through the building, however the bank had to close for repairs due to the extensive damage to the building, police said.

The fire marshal and building inspector for the town of Orange responded to evaluate the damage.

No charges were filed against Coss, but police turned his driver's license over to the Department of Motor Vehicles (DMV). The DMV will decide whether to give him back his license, police said.

Photo Credit: NBCConnecticut.com

Multiple Crashes Statewide


State police are responding to multiple reports of accidents statewide as snowfall causes slippery road conditions and poor visibility.

Two pedestrians were seriously injured when they were struck in a multiple-vehicle crash on Laning Street near Queen Street in Southington Saturday evening, according to Southington fire officials. Both were transported to Hartford Hospital and are in critical condition. Their identities and ages have not been released at this time.

Interstate 395 north is closed between exits 90 and 91 in the Danielson section of Killingly due to a serious rollover crash involving a car and a pedestrian. A person involved was seriously injured. Traffic was being turned around in that area, according to a viewer driving there.

There was a crash on Interstate 91 north in Wethersfield between exits 25 to 26 just after 6 p.m. Traffic was slow-moving on I-91 north due to a crash on exit 17 in Meriden causing delays to Hartford.

There was also a crash on I-95 north near exit 6 in Greenwich.

Route 4 was closed earlier on Saturday between Goshen and Cornwall, state police said. While it has reopened, state police warn that it's still treacherous and that there have been multiple crashes in that area.

Crews are on scene at a crash on Interstate 91 north in Cromwell near exits 21 and 23.

There have been multiple accidents in the area of the Route 4 stretch between Goshen to Cornwall, according to Litchfield County Dispatch. 

Photo Credit: Connecticut Department of Transportation
Viewing all 57608 articles
Browse latest View live

Latest Images