Residents of a Brownell Avenue apartment building across from Trinity College are displaced after a first-floor bedroom caught fire.
Everyone is out of the building, but three have non-life-threatening injuries. The Hartford Fire Department got the call at about 6:25 a.m. and it took crews 15 minutes to put out the fire.
Most of the damage was contained to that first-floor unit, but there was a lot of smoke, so it's unclear when residents will be allowed back in the building, according to Hartford Deputy Chief Clifton Cooper. It's unclear how many people are displaced, but there are at least 30 units in the building, he said.
Most residents were out of the building when firefighters arrived, but a few needed assistance. Two people suffered from smoke inhalation and one had a leg injury, Cooper said.
The fire has been extinguished.
The road is closed in the area while crews are on scene.
No further information was immediately available.
The Hartford fire marshal is at the scene investigating the fire.
Photo Credit: Courtesy Photo