Channel: NBC Connecticut
Browsing All 57608 Browse Latest View Live
Mark channel Not-Safe-For-Work? cancel confirm NSFW Votes: (0 votes)
Are you the publisher? Claim or contact us about this channel.

Cat-Caller Knocks Man Out: Police


A man who police say tried to defend a group of women from catcallers landed in the hospital after he was brutally assaulted in Philadelphia's Rittenhouse Square early Saturday morning.

Police say the 39-year-old man who was visiting from Texas was walking along 18th and Walnut Streets around 2:45 a.m. when he observed several men inside a Black Nissan pull up next to a group of women.

The men inside the Nissan began taunting and catcalling the women, according to investigators, prompting the victim to get involved.

"The male victim took offense to something that the guys were saying to the girls and said 'hey, watch what you're saying,'" said Philadelphia Police Captain George Fuchs.

Police say one of the men inside the Nissan then got out of the car and punched the victim once in the head. The man was knocked unconscious after he fell and struck his head on the concrete

The suspect then ran back into the Nissan which fled west on Walnut. The victim was taken to Hahnemann Hospital where he is currently in stable condition.

"This is a tragic, tragic story," Captain Fuchs said. "Here's a guy trying to stick up for these girls and he gets victimized."

Police say the suspect's Nissan had Delaware tags. They are currently looking through surveillance video to see if they can find the license plate number. They are also speaking to a witness at Central Detectives.

If you have any information on the attack, please call Philadelphia Police.

Photo Credit: NBC10.com

Manchester House Fire Displaces Nine People


Nine Manchester residents, seven of them under the age of 17, are displaced after a house fire on Orchard Street Saturday afternoon.

Two adult residents were inside the two family home when the fire started around 1:30 p.m.  Fire officials say one resident called 911 when she found heavy smoke in the stairway to the attic. She told her neighbor to evacuate and both made it out without injuries.

 Firefighters were able to knock the fire down in about fifteen minutes, according to officials. The blaze caused extensive damage in the attic and there is water and smoke damage to the first and second floors.

The Orchard Street and Center Street intersection was shut down while firefighters worked to put out the flames, police said just before 2 p.m.

The Red Cross is assisting residents with temporary shelter.

A cause has not been determined. Fire officials say there were no working smoke detectors in the home.  

Photo Credit: NBCConnecticut.com

Bridgeport Police Investigate Reported Shooting


Bridgeport detectives are investigating a shooting that happened late Friday night.

Police responded to Saint Vincent's Medical Center just after 11 p.m. to investigate a report that someone was shot.

The patient, who was being treated at the hospital for a non-life threatening gunshot wound in the shoulder, told police that the reported shooting happened near Capitol Avenue and Main Street in Bridgeport, but police found no evidence in that area.

The case remains under investigation.


Photo Credit: Shutterstock

Rabbi Shot, Killed in Miami


Police are searching for two suspects who shot and killed an Orthodox rabbi while he was walking to his temple in North Miami Beach on Saturday morning.

Miami-Dade Police said 60-year-old Joseph Raksin was walking on the 800 block of NE 175th Street around 9 a.m. when two young males approached him. Raksin was shot during the altercation.

Raksin was airlifted to Jackson Memorial Hospital's Ryder Trauma Center where he died.

The two suspects fled the scene, one on a bike and one on foot, according to police. Police do not yet have a good description of the shooters, and say there are no signs that this was a hate crime.

Neighbors, however, disagree, referencing a swastika that had been painted on a synagogue down the block two weeks ago.

The neighborhood is in a heavily-populated orthodox Jewish community with 11 synagogues in the area.

Anyone with information is asked to call Miam-Dade Crimestoppers at (305) 471-TIPS.

Ohio Postal Worker Dumps Mail


An Ohio postal worker has been put on leave after she was caught on camera throwing undelivered mail into a dumpster.

The incident was filmed Wednesday by a resident in Bond Hill, Ohio who saw the woman carry a white crate to the dumpster and dump the contents into the trash bin, according to NBC station in Cincinnati WLWT.

In the footage, the woman returns to her vehicle and grabs more mail, which is also tossed in the dumpster.

Residents in the area said they suspected something was going on when they didn't receive mail for several days.

The letter carrier has been identified and is on leave pending an invesitgation, officials said.

"This is clearly unacceptable behavior that does not reflect the efforts of the thousands of professional, dedicated carriers in our workforce," the United States Postal Service said in a statement Thursday. "USPS OIG special agents identified the employee responsible for not properly delivering a small amount of mail. This mail was recovered and is being delivered to postal customers. The employee is not currently working pending the administrative review process."

The postal worker could be charged with federal misdemeanors for deserting mail and delaying mail delivery.


Photo Credit: Getty Images

Danbury Man Arrested for Assault on a Police Officer


Norwalk police have arrested a man accused of injuring two officers.

Norwalk Police Sgt. Terry Blake said the incident happened around 1:40 a.m. on Saturday. Officers responded what was described as a melee in the parking lot next to La-Torche nightclub on Washington Street.

According to Blake, two officers were trying to control a crowd of about 300 people when 29-year-old Stanley Bruno of Danbury assaulted the officers. Bruno drove toward officers and hit one with his car.

When officers tried to take him into custody, he fought back, elbowing one in the face and punching him over the head.

Blake said the crowd closed in on the officers as the incident occurred. The officers were significantly outnumbered, and mutual aid from Wilton, Westport, Darien, New Canaan and Connecticut State Police was called in to help control the crowd.

Bruno was arrested and charged with two counts of assault on a police officer, interfering with a police officer, second-degree assault, breach of peace, and reckless driving. He is currently being held on $300,000 bond.

Blake said the officers are doing fine.

Photo Credit: Shutterstock

Man Beats Girlfriend After Dream


A Keys man was arrested after beating his girlfriend after he had a dream she cheated on him, according to police.

Carlos Gascon's girlfriend told Monroe County Sheriff's deputies that Gascon beat her all day Friday. She was able to call for help at 6:45 p.m. after Gascon passed out.

The woman accused Gascon of choking her, pouring hot coffee on her, cutting the back of her leg with a knife, and threatening to kill her while holding a knife to her throat. Gascon also allegedly picked her up and slammed her down on a glass table, breaking it.

Gascon's girlfriend also alleges that he picked up his dog, slammed it on the ground and put his foot on the dog's neck.

Gascon faces charges of aggravated battery, aggravated assault, domestic battery by strangulation, battery, false imprisonment and animal cruelty. 

Photo Credit: Monroe County Sheriff's Office

Obamas Begins Family Vacation


The President, First Lady and one of their daughters arrived on the Cape Saturday afternoon for the start of a family vacation, even as the US continues to conduct airstrikes against Islamic terrorists in northern Iraq.

Marine One and the First Family departed the US Coast Guard Air Station on the Cape for Martha's Vineyard only a couple of hours after the president spoke to the nation, saying the airstrikes will continue as long as necessary.

Before leaving the White House for a two-week vacation, the president told reporters that he was ready "to not have a suit on for a while." Obama and his family have vacationed on the island every summer of his presidency, except 2012 when he was running for re-election.

The Obamas are staying at a rented home, up-island in Chilmark. The president played his first round of golf at Farm Neck in Oak Bluffs Saturday afternoon. While he typically keeps a low-profile, the president will take part in a Democratic fundraiser on the island Monday night.

Photo Credit: NECN

Deadly Wrong-Way Driver Suicidal


A woman who intentionally drove the wrong way onto an east San Diego freeway killing herself and another motorist had long battled with depression and tested positive for drugs, a report from the San Diego County Medical Examiner’s office confirms.

On May 30, Trista Stier, 29, drove the wrong way on purpose up an off-ramp on State Route 67 in Lakeside just as Alpine resident Doug Menegos, 49, approached the road in his utility truck.

Stier’s vehicle slammed head-on into Menegos’ truck. Both were killed as a result of the crash. Menegos, a husband and father of two, had been on his way home from work at the time of the collision.

From the beginning, California Highway Patrol investigators said it appeared Stier had driven the wrong way intentionally and was likely suicidal. Officials called the tragic collision an “intentional act-turned-homicide.”

Now, a report compiled by the San Diego ME’s office and obtained by NBC 7 confirms Stier had a long medical history of depression and had even attempted to commit suicide once before. Toxicological testing also detected methamphetamine and marijuana in her system at the time of the fatal collision.

According to the report, Stier’s family told officials that she had been diagnosed with depression for many years and had been on and off various medications. Stier had tried to kill herself two-and-a-half years ago by slitting her wrists, the family said.

The report states that Stier’s roommate told officials Stier had ongoing issues with depression that had recently worsened. The roommate said Stier had been stressed out because she couldn’t get a job and was somewhat estranged from her family.

Stier had sought help for her depression from a psychiatrist. A week before the crash, she had switched medications, the report stated.

The roommate told officials Stier used medical marijuana, but was not known to use alcohol or illicit drugs. She may have had issues abusing medications, the report said.

The document also sheds light into what transpired leading up to the fatal collision.

Stier’s roommate told investigators that Stier and her boyfriend had gotten into an argument the day before the crash.

On May 30, Stier took all of her clothing and belongings, except for her cellphone, and left home early in the morning. Worried, her boyfriend called friends who said they hadn’t seen Stier.

He then called her mother. Stier’s mother called 911 and reported she was concerned for her daughter.

Later that evening, loved ones were notified of Stier’s crash and consequent death. Her autopsy report confirmed her manner of death as suicide.

As for Menegos, the bystander in this tragic incident, his family continues to keep his memory alive through a Facebook memorial page. Loved ones have also established an online memorial fund for Menegos’ wife and two children. So far, more than 350 people have donated more than $54,000 to the family. The page is filled with heartfelt messages for the family.

Photo Credit: NBC 7 San Diego

Off-Duty Cop Points Gun in Photo


Authorities are investigating a photo being shared on social media that appears to show an off-duty LAPD officer brandishing a weapon while driving a vehicle.

The photo appears to show a woman in a Blue Chevy Tahoe pointing a gun toward the driver’s window of the vehicle in what some are saying could be part of road rage incident, but authorities could not confirm that.

Officials with Los Angeles Police Department confirmed that the woman in the photo is an off-duty police officer. The incident reportedly happened Thursday, but it is not clear what led up to the incident on the 60 Freeway.

Her name was not being released as LAPD Internal Affairs Group is beginning an investigation to determine if any misconduct was committed.

A report was filed with the California Highway Patrol's East Los Angeles station in Monterey Park, officials confirmed.

The CHP confirmed it is investigating the incident, but a report was not expected to be released until Monday at the earliest. LAPD launched their own investigation to get to the bottom of what was happening the photo.

What led to the incident was unclear. It's unknown whether any arrests have been made.

2 Shot at Chicago Parade


Two people were shot during the Bud Billiken Parade on Chicago's South Side Saturday afternoon, police said.

The shooting happened just after 12:30 p.m. in the 4200 block of South King Drive near the parade route, according to authorities.

An 18-year-old man was shot in the left arm, said Chicago Police News Affairs Officer Veejay Zala, citing preliminary information.

Chicago Fire Media Affairs says the man was transported to Northwestern Memorial Hospital in serious but stable condition.

Police initially said only one person was shot during the incident but later said a 17-year-old man was shot in the hand and suffered a graze wound to the buttocks. He was taken to John H. Stroger Jr. Hospital of Cook County in stable condition.

Witnesses at the scene said the parade was still happening when the shooting took place.

Police officers were seen pulling apart parade barriers and sprinting to the scene of the shooting.

The 85th Annual Bud Billiken parade stepped off at 10 a.m. Saturday and traveled south on King Drive from Oakwood Boulevard to 51st Street then down Ellsworth Drive from 51st Street to Garfield Boulevard.

Parade-goer and former Bud Billiken King Ted Bell said he was concerned the shooting would damage the parade's reputation.

"It’s one of the few staples that we have in the black community, African American community, where people can come out, enjoy themselves, bring their families, their children, just have a bunch of fun on a day and not have to worry about this type of thing," he said.

Further details on what prompted the shooting were not immediately available.

Police said no one was in custody for the shooting as of Saturday evening. Area Central detectives are investigating.

Photo Credit: NBC Chicago

Man Sought in 1980s Killings


Cold case investigators with the San Diego Police Department are looking for a man possibly linked to unsolved homicide cases that occurred three decades ago, officials said Friday.

The SDPD said homicide detectives want to track down a man by the name of Ronald Tatro. He’s believed to be a subject of interest in killings that happened during the early to mid-1980s.

Back in 1984, Tatro was known to drive a white and blue Dodge van. Officials said Tatro had an extensive criminal history.

Today, detectives are asking anyone who knew Tatro or his known associates during this time period to call the Homicide Unit at (619) 531-2293.

NBC 7 reached out to investigators for comment on which specific homicide cases Tatro may be connected to.

SDPD Acting Homicide Lt. Manuel Del Toro said the department could not elaborate "due to the investigation going on at this time."

Lt. Del Toro said detectives are still in the process of gathering information.

According to SDPD cold case records, some high-profile unsolved homicides from this specific time period include the Aug. 24, 1984, killing of 14-year-old Claire Hough and the Aug. 15, 1985, killing of Ray Lucus.

In a grisly scene, Hough was found dead by passersby at Torrey Pines State Beach, within walking distance of her grandparents’ home where she had been staying. The teen had been beaten, strangled and stabbed, and one of her breasts had been severed. Evidence suggested an unknown suspect attacked the teenage girl while she was at the beach overnight.

Meanwhile, Lucus was discovered dead in the rear of his 1975 Chevy Blazer parked on 2000 Bayview Heights Rd. He had been strangled, bound and stuffed into a green duffle bag. Robbery was likely not a motive, as many valuable items remained in plain sight in Lucus’ car.

Though two years before this time period, another high-profile local unsolved homicide is that of 15-year-old Barbara Nantais. Her case could be tied to Hough’s, as similarities in the evidence suggests both may have been committed by the same perpetrator.

Nantais was found dead on Aug. 13, 1978, at Torrey Pines State Beach. She and her boyfriend, 17-year-old Jim Alt, had been sleeping on the beach when they were attacked by an unknown suspect.

Much like Hough’s case would show years later, Nantais had been strangled and beaten to death and one of her breasts had been severed. Alt was also attacked and suffered permanent physical and emotional injuries, including a severe head wound that left him semi-conscious with no recollection of the attack.

Police have not confirmed if any of the aforementioned cold cases are related in any way to Tatro.

Photo Credit: San Diego Police Department

10K Pounds of Pot Behind Toys Boxes


An estimated 10,000 pounds of marijuana was found hidden behind what appeared to be boxes of Barbie toys piled up in a tractor trailer Thursday evening, according to San Bernardino police.

The packaged weed was seized from a truck depot in San Bernardino around 7 p.m., police said.

The marijuana was packed in unmarked cardboard boxes that were hidden behind decoy boxes that appeared to contain "Barbie Sisters Camper" toys. Police had been working on an investigation that led them to the truck depot, and upon arrival, discovered the suspicious looking truck.

Police suspect that the marijuana was not grown in the United States. Lt. Travis Walker said that the truck was likely dropped to the undisclosed location, and was unaware of whether that was its final destination.

No arrests have been made but police say they have a lead on the suspects.

Photo Credit: San Bernardino Police

Whooping Cough Cases up in Calif.


It is being called an epidemic: Cases of pertussis, better known as whooping cough, are spiking across California, nearly triple the average. With the school year starting, the spike has Bay Area health officials urging parents to act.

With three deaths already this year in the state – and the numbers soaring in Santa Clara County – officials are urging everyone to get vaccinated. San Jose mom Gayle Barry has heard about the number of cases surging, right as school is set to begin. "It's a very scary thing,” Barry said. “Anytime I send my kids to school, they always come home with notices of things they've been exposed to that I have no control over." That is why Barry says she has vaccinated her three little girls.

The numbers of pertussis cases are staggering: California has seen nearly 7,000 cases of the cough this year. Compare that to just more than 2,500 in 2013. In Santa Clara County, the numbers are more than double what they saw last year, with nearly 350 cases so far. "The pertussis, or whooping cough, cycles every few years, so we expect an increase every few years of pertussis,” said Dr. George Han, Santa Clara County's deputy health officer. “That is why they are calling it epidemic."

Dr. Han said the last time the numbers were this high was 2010, and while it’s not clear why cases spike in certain years, it’s important to take notice. "It's a very serious disease, especially in infants 1 year of age,” Dr. Han said. “They're typically the ones that get hospitalized.”

With school about to start, Dr. Han is urging everyone to make sure children are vaccinated. But Barry says, despite the vaccinations being mandatory, she knows not everyone does. "I have a lot friends that choose not to vaccinate, and I have family that choose not to vaccinate, and I'm completely opposed to that,” Barry said. “I think it's important to vaccinate."

Dr. Han said, while it is incredibly important to get vaccinated, like the flu vaccine, it does not always prevent individuals from getting the virus. However, it’s still the best chance to staying healthy.

New Haven Family Mourns 15-Year-Old Shooting Victim


Mourning the murder of 15-year-old Jacob Craggett, his family and friends held lit candles and walked the path he took just one night before.

The vigil began in front of his grandmother’s house on Vernon Street - where Jacob was visiting the night he was killed - and ended where he was shot half a block away. Family says he was heading home to make his 9 p.m. curfew.

“He had his whole life to live and now he’s gone,” Trina Craggett, Jacob’s aunt, said.

For family, Jacob’s death has become almost too much to bear. His mom shared with NBC Connecticut one of the last moments she had with him.

“The day before yesterday he said ma, you ain’t give me a kiss in a day. Can I get a kiss?” Lisa Craggett said. “And I gave him a big kiss on the cheek, and he said ‘Now that’s what I’m talking about ma.’”

New Haven authorities say Jacob and his brother, 23-year-old Joshua, were in a vehicle with two others on Friday night when they were approached by at least two people who began firing.

"When Jacob saw his brother was shot, he got out of the car, and one of the people shot my son in the back for trying to help his brother," said Lisa. "For anyone to shoot the 15-year-old in the back, you're a coward. You're a coward."

Joshua and the driver of the vehicle are in the hospital in critical condition. Jacob would have been a sophomore this year at Hill House High School and played football. A teammate says he was enthusiastic and well liked.

"We're going to do something for him, you know? We're not going to sit and mope around. We're going to work extra hard and try to win for him," said Rovaughn Gaskins.

The family says they know those responsible will be caught, and long after the case is closed it's clear Jacob won't be forgotten.

"I just miss my baby. I just miss my baby," said Lisa.

Lisa says she has questions regarding the response time the night of the shooting. She says the ambulance took 35 minutes to arrive even though Yale New Haven Hospital is around the corner.

Police have not made any arrests in this case, and they're asking anyone with information to call detectives at 203-946-6316.


Dumpster Fire Spreads to West Haven Thrift Shop


A dumpster fire spread to a West Haven thrift store overnight and damaged most of the contents just a week after a break-in at the warehouse.

The fire started at about 1:30 a.m. Sunday in a dumpster behind Helping Hands and quickly spread to the building, according to West Haven Deputy Fire Chief Scott Schwartz.

The community thrift shop and furniture bank helps others in need. While the building may be structurally sounds after the fire, most of the warehouse contents could be a total loss, according to Schwartz.

There were two other dumpster fires in the area Saturday night, as well, according to Schwartz. It's unclear whether they're connected.

Steve Greenburg, a partner at Helping Hands, said that most of the items at the facility are donated.

"Unfortunately it's a 15,000-square-foot building filled with donated furniture, clothing, housewares, knickknacks that are sold in our thrift stores to raise money for 180 different nonprofit organization," Greenburg said.

West Haven police ask anyone with information on the dumpster fires to contact the police department.

The fire at Helping Hand remains under investigation.



East Haven Remembers Deadly Plane Crash One Year Later


It's been a year since a plane crashed into two houses in East Haven, killing two sisters in one of the homes and the father and son on the plane, but the East Haven community hasn't forgotten the devastation the tragedy caused in the neighborhood.

East Haven United, a network of churches in town, is holding a remembrance ceremony at Old Stone Congregational Church Saturday as the community comes together later this morning to commemorate the four lives lost on the one-year anniversary of the crash.

Two homes caught fire when a plane flown by Washington resident Bill Henningsgaard crash landed on Aug. 9, 2013, killing Sade Brantley, 13, and Madisyn Mitchell, 1. Henningsgaard was flying with his son, Max, 17, to tour East Coast colleges and both died in the crash.

The East Haven community rallied around Joann Mitchell, the East Haven mother of the two girls.

"I started screaming for my girls," Mitchell told NBC Connecticut months after last year's plane crash. "Sade. Madisyn. There's nothing. They didn't say anything. I probably would've burned in the house if they hadn't pulled me out. But as their mom, I had to find my girls."

East Haven Mayor Joseph Maturo Jr. released a written statement Saturday morning reflecting on the tragic event.

"One year ago our Town experienced a sudden tragedy the likes of which had not occurred in decades and certainly will never be forgotten," Maturo Jr. said. "I can vividly remember the first rate response of our emergency services and government departments to the incident and to needs of the affected families, whose lives had changed that one August morning. But what I will never forget was in the days, weeks and months following that plane crash, the East Haven, that our media, all too often chooses NOT to portray, came shining through. Our community of hard working citizens, businesses and organizations stepped forward displaying a loving concern for all the families with an outpouring of caring and generosity that makes me very proud to be called their Mayor.”

The ceremony is scheduled to begin at 11:30 a.m. on Saturday. Old Stone Congregational Church is located at 251 Main Street in East Haven.

Photo Credit: NTSB

Girl Stabbed in Elevator on Healing


A 7-year-old girl who was stabbed in a public housing building's elevator spoke on Saturday and she was feeling "good" two months after the assault that killed a young friend.

Mikayla Capers had 16 stab wounds following the June 1 attack in Brooklyn, which left her 6-year-old friend Prince Joshua "PJ" Avitto dead. Family members said after the attack that Mikayla experienced a great deal of trauma

On Saturday, speaking at a rally organized by Al Sharpton's National Action Network, Mikayla smiled and appeared bubbly while speaking to reporters.

"I'm feeling good, and it's because y'all supported me," said Mikayla, who said she is not in any pain.

At one point she stood with her hands over her head in a heart shape and said she was doing it "for PJ."

The girl's great-grandmother, Regenia Trevathan, said Mikayla is being treated for post-traumatic stress and that the first few weeks following the stabbing were extremely challenging for Mikayla because she didn't yet have a therapist in place.

"One of the hardest things I had to explain to her was a couple of weeks ago she woke up and asked me to take her to his grave to put flowers," said Trevathan, who noted the boy had been cremated, a concept Mikayla didn't understand.

Mikayla also said she is looking forward to returning to school, where she will enter third grade, and that she hopes to be a doctor when she grows up.

A man charged with the attack pleaded not guilty.

In addition to running the National Action Network, Al Sharpton is a talk show host on MSNBC, which is owned by WNBC's parent company, NBCUniversal.

Decision 2014: The Primary Preview


Follow the GOP candidates for governor as they campaign around the state on this week's episode of NBC Connecticut's "Decision 2014."

George Colli talks with John McKinney as he and his running mate, David Walker, visit the state pier in New London. George also joins Tom Foley as he walks the streets of Bridgeport, the city many believe cost him the election in 2010.

Gerry Brooks analyzes the race with Danbury Mayor and one-time GOP candidate for governor and former Malloy strategist and adviser Roy Occhiogrosso.

Todd Piro talks about the impact the tragedy in Sandy Hook is having on the campaigns.

Epsiode 5 – Aug. 10, 2014

  • WATCH: Tom Foley and John McKinney make their final pitches to voters before the Aug. 12 primary.
  • WATCH: Gerry Brooks moderates the discussion between Danbury Mayor Mark Boughton and Roy Occhiogrosso.
  • WATCH: Todd Piro talks with Quinnipiac Professor Rich Hanley on the impact of the tragedy in Sandy Hook on the campaigns.

Online Exclusives

  • WATCH: John McKinney talks education reform, the gun bill and why Republicans should vote for him.
  • WATCH: Tom Foley discusses the gun bill, mental health and why he should be the candidate to take on Gov. Dannel Malloy.

Photo Credit: NBCConnecticut.com

Native Peach-Almond Tart



2 Tbsp. all purpose flour
2 Tbsp. sugar in the raw or granulated sugar
2 Tbsp. finely ground almonds
2 tsp. Lemon zest-finely grated (optional)
1 Sheet of puff pastry-thawed
3-4 Peaches-ripe, sliced thinly
As needed: sugar in the raw


  1. Preheat oven to 400 ºF.
  2. In a small bowl combine the flour, sugar in the raw, ground almonds and lemon zest. Mix thoroughly, reserve.
  3. Lay the sheet of cold, thawed pastry on the counter. Using a sharp knife, cut out a 9” circle using an inverted pie pan. Place this circle on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper. Dock the dough by pricking the inside surface of the cut out round with a fork many times. Do not dock the outer 1” of the dough.
  4. Sprinkle the docked part of the dough with the flour and sugar mixture evenly. (This mixture will help absorb some of the juices that will come out of the fruit. )
  5. Carefully arrange the sliced peaches in circles, with each slightly overlapping the previous. Do at least 3 circles starting with the outer circles first.
  6. Sprinkle the peaches with more sugar in the raw and a squeeze of lemon if desired.
  7. Bake in the oven for about 20 minutes or until puffed, golden and the fruit is tender.
  8. Let cool 20 minutes or more, cut and serve with whipped cream or ice cream. Enjoy!

Lincoln Culinary Institute’s Website: www.lincolnculinary.com

Photo Credit: NBCConnecticut.com
Browsing All 57608 Browse Latest View Live